Where To Go Now?

green123

It is common knowledge in our little community but in case you have not heard @Richards is up for sale. Richard wants to spend more time in Canada and the bar owner wants to sell up.

A lot of us more mature guys have made @Richards our home from home but now that he's leaving my question is "Where do we go from here?" I know there are lots of bars in Bangkok but not with the same homely ambiance that Richard has made. Even some of the other places that are owned by foreigners are said to be for sale so what will we be left with?

Where can the retired gay foreigner feel at welcome in Bangkok and not be fleeced of his savings and pension?

why start to worry by now?

why not just wait and see what comes of it-do you really expect a buyer with some sense to change the whole format in 24 hrs? make another gogo of it? or some massage+extra service? as if there were not enough of them yet? And if that happens-wont some smart bisnisperson be shrewd enough to copy-cat the old Richard with the aim of attracting that crowd in? maybe-lts just fantasize-some not-so-good-moneyspinning gogobar or massage etc-maybe even hotmail?

It is common knowledge in our little community but in case you have not heard @Richards is up for sale. Richard wants to spend more time in Canada and the bar owner wants to sell up.

A lot of us more mature guys have made @Richards our home from home but now that he's leaving my question is "Where do we go from here?" I know there are lots of bars in Bangkok but not with the same homely ambiance that Richard has made. Even some of the other places that are owned by foreigners are said to be for sale so what will we be left with?

Where can the retired gay foreigner feel at welcome in Bangkok and not be fleeced of his savings and pension?

It always amazes me how these rumors get started. And this one is the funniest I’ve heard in years!

It always amazes me how these rumors get started. And this one is the funniest I've heard in years!

I can assure you that this is definitely NOT a rumor. I heard the news from the horses mouth.

It was at Richard's birthday party and he told me that he needed to return to Canada for medical treatment. He then planned to stay at least six month every year in Canada.

I said to him 'What's @Richards going to do without a Richard' and he said that Victor planned to sell up. I was shocked to hear that Richard did not actually own @Richards but was the front man for Victor's business.

There you are. It's NOT a rumor. It's fact and I have been worried about where we can go next where we will be welcome.

Well I don't know whether it is true or not but, of course, it would be a loss for the scene. After all he is the Telephone bar and the Richards

On the other hand Richard has always loved spending 6 months a year in Canada (even back then) and this is why he was happy to get partners, so many it is another blues for his country

In any case he has always been fair to everyone in the business (and punters do appreciate him). When I opened a place some years ago he was always sending customers and coming himself.

All in all I am sure he will stay

I'll make my comments brief by quoting two sentences from the original poster.

Fallacy: "It is common knowledge in our little community but in case you have not heard @Richards is up for sale."

Fact: @Richard's is not up for sale. The share of one of the partners is. That's a big difference.

Fallacy: "I was shocked to hear that Richard did not actually own @Richards but was the front man for Victor's business."

Fact: Not true at all. There have always been partners (as is very common in Bangkok pub businesses). Richard is one of the partners.

Edited by ILoveThaivisa