BBQ Thailand

Maigo6

Just wondering as I've ordered one thats made in Thailand, 20,000 + Baht but apparently imports are 30,000 + Baht in Homepro etc...

Any experience with these, either local or import, I have been using the charcoal in a bucket for years !! :)

I look forward to using it during the cold season, it will help keep us warm too.

I know One member here who has one, in fact the very same model, just thought I would throw open the topic to all, saves me starting yet another sin sot topic. :D

And maybe it will be useful to some people who don't realise the options available.

Edited by Maigo6

Just wondering as I've ordered one thats made in Thailand, 20,000 + Baht but apparently imports are 30,000 + Baht in Homepro etc...

Any experience with these, either local or import, I have been using the charcoal in a bucket for years !! :)

I look forward to using it during the cold season, it will help keep us warm too.

I know One member here who has one, in fact the very same model, just thought I would throw open the topic to all, saves me starting yet another sin sot topic. :D

And maybe it will be useful to some people who don't realise the options available.

It sounds like this time your not a credit to your name. Unless you recently lost your marbles i doubt you would pay 20,000 for a bbq.

If i could find a proper aussie 4 burner here in or near pattaya at a similar price to what i would pay in AUS for a semi decent one i'd be all over it like a fat kid on a mars bar, 3 yrs in now i aint found <deleted> all.

EDIT;, yeah i'll cough 30k baht for a decent barbie, no probs.

Edited by Spoonman

I thought about an import but went with the 20,000 baht Thai made gas BBQ. It's extremely well built, the customer service was fantastic and it still cooks and looks as good as it did when I received it a year ago.

I brought this BBQ from California ( Barbeques Galore_ I paid about $1100 U.S. it is all stainless Steel even the burners. I have been using it now for 8 years and it has never failed me. I know that there is a shop in Pattaya and also in Bangkok that sell one that is made in Auatraila (China) I think the shps name is " The BBQ Store"

post-32989-1255865572_thumb.jpg

OK I found the link http://www.bbqthai.com/

Edited by jcgodber

I thought about an import but went with the 20,000 baht Thai made gas BBQ. It's extremely well built, the customer service was fantastic and it still cooks and looks as good as it did when I received it a year ago.

Gippy did you buy it from Doc in udon, that's who I have ordered from, it's a recommendation from another member here.

A good gas BBQ grill must be stainless steel grill (or titanium, etc.) and they cost at least 40K baht in Thailand. The cast iron ones will rust out in less than 2 years. Look at Weber (not sold in Thailand) for the best quality and try to get something like that.

A good gas BBQ grill must be stainless steel grill (or titanium, etc.) and they cost at least 40K baht in Thailand. The cast iron ones will rust out in less than 2 years. Look at Weber (not sold in Thailand) for the best quality and try to get something like that.

Bank,

I have ordered from here, http://www.gasbbqthailand.com/page/bbq.html

Stainless and the boss is American, and apparantly a bit of a perfectionist.

Gippy did you buy it from Doc in udon, that's who I have ordered from, it's a recommendation from another member here.

That's the one. I got a two burner SS Delux, the first one with a side burner. It was the only method I had of cooking until I finished building my kitchen. I grilled, closed the lid and used it as an oven, the wife cooks Thai food on the side burner and I made a few batches of jam on it as well.

Edited by Gippy

it sounds like this time your not a credit to your name. Unless you recently lost your marbles i doubt you would pay 20,000 for a bbq.

I live up to my name, see, you didn't know they were that expensive did you......................... :D

Robblok, everything I type on this forum you can take as the gospel truth, even if I flame some people, you can be sure they are deserving of the flame.

:)

That's the one. I got a two burner SS Delux, the first one with a side burner. It was the only method I had of cooking until I finished building my kitchen. I grilled, closed the lid and used it as an oven, the wife cooks Thai food on the side burner and I made a few batches of jam on it as well.

I've ordered the SS Deluxe too, not sure if it's got the side burner, I don't mind actually if it has or hasn't, my mate uses his as an oven also, they must be good, cos upon further research, many people all over Thailand have bought from Doc and are real happy.

Cheers Gippy.

Two years ago i bought a two burner Billabong BBQ for 17.500 baht from a shop down Theprasit road in Pattaya.

It's kept undercover so no problems with rusting but the misses once had it up in flames when cooking Squid which did bring some of the paint off.

Not sure if the Pattaya shop is still in existence.

The Barbecue Store: 21 Sukhumvit Soi 39, Bangkok

Office: 02 662 6665, 02 662 6437 Fax: 02 662 6436

www.bbqthai.com |

it sounds like this time your not a credit to your name. Unless you recently lost your marbles i doubt you would pay 20,000 for a bbq.

I live up to my name, see, you didn't know they were that expensive did you......................... :D

Robblok, everything I type on this forum you can take as the gospel truth, even if I flame some people, you can be sure they are deserving of the flame.

:)

I knew they were that expensive i read it b4, but i would never pay that much for a BBQ. But im not a big fan of BBQ, they were fun at my home in Holland with my parents and friends. Here it would just be too hot to BBQ outside.. (perhaps not in winter but the rest of the year for sure).

Anyway i don't have enough people i like (and who could come over easily) to have regular BBQ's.

Two years ago i bought a two burner Billabong BBQ for 17.500 baht from a shop down Theprasit road in Pattaya.

It's kept undercover so no problems with rusting but the misses once had it up in flames when cooking Squid which did bring some of the paint off.

Not sure if the Pattaya shop is still in existence.

The Barbecue Store: 21 Sukhumvit Soi 39, Bangkok

Office: 02 662 6665, 02 662 6437 Fax: 02 662 6436

www.bbqthai.com | [email protected]

The Pattaya store is still their. They have two burner gas Bar B Ques for 10,000 Baht

Barry

The cast iron ones will rust out in less than 2 years. Look at Weber (not sold in Thailand) for the best quality and try to get something like that.

Well its not cast iron then if it rusts out...!!! Weber is availible in Thailand..

RE cast iron and no rust: huh???

RE Weber available in Thailand: where???

Edited by bankruatsteve

Anyway i don't have enough people i like (and who could come over easily) to have regular BBQ's.

You like me, I'd come . :)

Save me buying one........... :D

I had a bbq here, (cheap ase one) but it was almost unused. I wanted to use it when my parents where here for their holiday but it just did not happen. Then in summer it was just to hot to sit outside behind the BBQ so in the end i gave it away to the family of my gf. Funny actually in Holland it was not often hot enough to BBQ here its not often cold enough.

I had a bbq here, (cheap ase one) but it was almost unused. I wanted to use it when my parents where here for their holiday but it just did not happen. Then in summer it was just to hot to sit outside behind the BBQ so in the end i gave it away to the family of my gf. Funny actually in Holland it was not often hot enough to BBQ here its not often cold enough.

Hi Gippy,

Thanks for taking the time to post your positive testimonials, they are certainly appreciated.

We work hard to serve our fellow Farangs properly.

I wish you and yours many more happy barbecuing experiences.

Thanks again...

My best,

Doc

To each his own, it seems to me a lot of money to pay for a bar-B -Q, I brought over a little Weber, that stayed in the box for 5 years, just took it out recently.

I made a 30 gallon drum Bar-B-Q with a battery run rotisserie, an underground Mexican Bar-B-Q. and now in the process of making a Mexican Horno (brick Pizza oven) and I doubt if they all cost me more than 5,000 baht, total cost for all 3. the battery run rotisserie cost me $20. in the states ;the table top weber cost me $14.95 on sale at a going out of business sale in Tucson.

Your unit looks beautiful and well cared for, as I said to each his own, I hope you have many years of bar-b-queuing.

Best of luck.