Happy Hours

farangconnection

The FC is a sponsor on this form and pays for the banner at the top of the Issan form. Thats gives the right to advertise and promote his business openly on TV and to label his thread as he sees fit. :)
That's all well and good that FC pays for an advertising box. Good for him, and all the other advertisers, but how many of them start a thread advertising their prices ? I feel that Thaivisa has enough adverts without using the forum threads for advertising. I think that FC, or any other advertiser, should shell out for another, or bigger, box to canvas his wares, instead of doing it for free in a thread. Edited by sinbin

The FC is a sponsor on this form and pays for the banner at the top of the Issan form. Thats gives the right to advertise and promote his business openly on TV and to label his thread as he sees fit. :)
That's all well and good that FC pays for an advertising box. Good for him, and all the other advertisers, but how many of them start a thread advertising their prices ? I feel that Thaivisa has enough adverts without using the forum threads for advertising. I think that FC, or any other advertiser, should shell out for another, or bigger, box to canvas his wares, instead of doing it for free in a thread.

He is not doing it for free he is paying a monthly fee for that right you and I are not. If you have a problem with this I suggest you email TV with your concern at [email protected]

That's all well and good that FC pays for an advertising box. Good for him, and all the other advertisers, but how many of them start a thread advertising their prices ? I feel that Thaivisa has enough adverts without using the forum threads for advertising. I think that FC, or any other advertiser, should shell out for another, or bigger, box to canvas his wares, instead of doing it for free in a thread.

He is not doing it for free he is paying a monthly fee for that right you and I are not. If you have a problem with this I suggest you email TV with your concern at [email protected]

If he pays then I'm wrong and apologise. But that said I don't see Google or others doing the same as FC. I live in Isaan and am within comfortable distance to go to the FC, but I wont, based soley on that the place is rammed in your face as soon as you enter the Isaan forum, which it is. Thank you for the link to the mods 'gotlost', but do you think mailing them is going to get me anywhere ?

The FC is a sponsor on this form and pays for the banner at the top of the Issan form. Thats gives the right to advertise and promote his business openly on TV and to label his thread as he sees fit. :D

If he pays then I'm wrong and apologise. But that said I don't see Google or others doing the same as FC. I live in Isaan and am within comfortable distance to go to the FC, but I wont, based soley on that the place is rammed in your face as soon as you enter the Isaan forum, which it is. Thank you for the link to the mods 'gotlost', but do you think mailing them is going to get me anywhere ?

For information on advertising on TV go to TV's home page and look at the bottom left hand side you will see ADVERTISE ON THAIVISA. Click on this and you may learn something. Yes he pays and has every right to do as he is doing. Yes there are rules on this form that I may not agree with but you and I have two choices except them or go else where, I'll stay. I doubled check and the property email is [email protected] :)

If he pays then I'm wrong and apologise. But that said I don't see Google or others doing the same as FC. I live in Isaan and am within comfortable distance to go to the FC, but I wont, based soley on that the place is rammed in your face as soon as you enter the Isaan forum, which it is. Thank you for the link to the mods 'gotlost', but do you think mailing them is going to get me anywhere ? :):D:D

But you are getting the hang of it, quite well really, Sinbin

Happy Loy Kratong

:D

Dave

Well I suppose that is a completely new style. Getting slagged off because I am advertising selling beer at a loss, for the customers that actually live here, and can't afford much better. And from someone who openly states he won't come here because I've thrust the fact that we are giving locals a good deal, in his face. Jeez Thai visa, where do you get these numbskulls. One of the things I do as a sponsor is to organise and run two or three free beer and food evenings a year ( oh shit, now sinbin won't come cause I've thrust free beer in his face) although saying that, they have stopped for the time being because of my Cancer and I'm not sure I'll make the next one. But don't worry Sinbin, the next one I have I promise I won;t tell anybody about it and then perhaps you'll come.

Martin, I love the happy hour but can't understand why you are selling beer at a loss. I understand the concept of a "loss leader" but most of the happy hour bunch don,t order food and leave the second the happy hour is over.

They need a sexy female distraction to keep them there then IMHO

Martin, I love the happy hour but can't understand why you are selling beer at a loss. I understand the concept of a "loss leader" but most of the happy hour bunch don,t order food and leave the second the happy hour is over.

I have been doing it for two years now. If you were a local came in at any time you would get 25% off your beer. By local I mean someone that uses the pub nearly every day. I like to keep my locals happy. And it's working, everybody seems happy except those one or two that have never been and say they won't go near the place, they are in fact the idiots that most complaints come from. . If you work it out, it all evens itself out during the course of the day. It started off over the road where I had a no frills cheap beer pub. Now, I could hardly put the beer up to Farang Connection evening prices, when I closed down, so I kept the locals beer down. Even before that we had day prices and prices after 18.00. Basically, what is happening is that the tourists and evening customers, do in actual fact subsidise the locals beer. And of course they all still have the option to eat here in the afternoons. Another reason is, apart from four or five of my staunch locals, the rest are such a fickle lot, that they tend to raise bar-keepers hopes by all crowding into a new pub for a couple of weeks, waits until he has made them welcome, then when one gets upset about things, the whole crowd of them find another place. If they do that with me, I gain. It's true that all of my locals do not eat there, but some do. I like to see my local lads happy and contented, busting with full beer bellies, and waddling off home to sleep.

They need a sexy female distraction to keep them there then IMHO

Me and Nee are here. :)

Topic temporarily closed pending moderation issues.

Cool off people... this is no way to behave on this forum.

/Closed.

/Edit - Topic re-opened.

I have deleted offending posts on this thread.

For the record, the Farang Connection has had a long and mutually beneficial relationship with ThaiVisa, and is one of our most respected sponsors.

Having said that, no sponsor is above the rules of ThaiVisa... and is expected to behave accordingly.

I do not see that FC has posted outside the rules, but I do see a lot of unwarranted attacks going on.

Be warned... any further unwarranted attacks will result in warnings and/or suspension from this forum.

Edited by Jai Dee
Topic sanitized and re-opened.

Martin there seems to be a lot of people taking pot shots at you at the moment, take solace in the fact that you are a welcoming host who really went out of his way to help me and my mates who swung by the pub a few months back. I can’t imagine the type of gutter trash that seems to be happy to take pot shots at you when they know you are not in the best of health.

Martin there seems to be a lot of people taking pot shots at you at the moment, take solace in the fact that you are a welcoming host who really went out of his way to help me and my mates who swung by the pub a few months back. I can't imagine the type of gutter trash that seems to be happy to take pot shots at you when they know you are not in the best of health.

I agree 100%. Martin has done a great job promoting this town and is a great asset to the farang community here in Surin.

Martin there seems to be a lot of people taking pot shots at you at the moment, take solace in the fact that you are a welcoming host who really went out of his way to help me and my mates who swung by the pub a few months back. I can't imagine the type of gutter trash that seems to be happy to take pot shots at you when they know you are not in the best of health.

I agree 100%. Martin has done a great job promoting this town and is a great asset to the farang community here in Surin.

Martin and the FC did not ask for this they will be a great loss to TV because of some A-- HOLES. :)

Thanks for all you support guys, I realise that being successful in Thailand, where most have faltered is a terrible burden for some people to bear. But I will go on helping people until my last breath escapes from my body, and I go to the place where there are no computers for faceless people to hide behind. My visitors book is up around the 7,500 now and as a lot of people come back year after year, and a good deal of them live within a 100 mile radius at least some part of the year. This means my customer base is around 3,500, which is not bad. There is about ten to fifteen people from that 3,500 ( although, some slag my food and service and say it's terrible, yet admit they have never been here). That makes it about 1/2% of people who slag us. ( yes one half%) So really I'm not doing that bad only having 1/2% of <deleted>, when Thai Visa has about 20%

I think mods can close this post now. I don't need the praise, and I certainly don't need the other. It could have been closed after the first post actually. All I was doing was informing the wonderful people that read this, that beer cheaper than anyway can be had at the FC. I certainly didn't expect the number of faceless vermin to come crawling out of the closet and set about me.

Anyway I have now severed my connections with Thai Visa( I guess that's more expense now I must get the staff new t-shirts)

So, adios amigos and a-holes together.

Edited by farangconnection