Statute Of Limitations

Pandemonium

Any "Legal Eagles" out there, the Statute of Limitations in Thailand on Civil Matters - Someone breaks a binding contract, and I want to sue him, what is the Statute of Limitations on a civil case. This will be written into the law of Thailand somewhere, I just cant find it on Google, If I understood Thai, I would find it quickly, but sadly I do not understand it well enough to find something as complex as this.

It has nothing to do with the extent of the civil claim, but there is a law that say after (??? 2, 3, 3,???) years you loose the right to file a civil case against another person. What is that period (Statute of Limitations) in LOS?

I have never heard of a statute of limitations on civil suits. In fact, the phrase "statute of limitations on civil suits" is a contradiction, as a statute is a written law or code, and civil suits are specifically not envolving statutes, but rather liability a person or entity incurs as established by previous rulings by previous courts, which is called case law. Anyway, you need to call an attourney, or better, a few attourney's, and explain what you want to do. They will advise you if it is prudent to go forward with a suit.

Thai Civil Code *Section 448*. The claim for damages arising from wrongful act is barred by prescription after one year from the day when the wrongful act and the person bound to make compensation became known to the injured person, or ten years from the day when the wrongful act was committed. (Samui4sale)

Thai Civil Code *Section 448*. The claim for damages arising from wrongful act is barred by prescription after one year from the day when the wrongful act and the person bound to make compensation became known to the injured person, or ten years from the day when the wrongful act was committed. (Samui4sale)

Not that I want to, but I heard that you could commit murder and disappear for 10 years, and then come back and all is forgiven and forgotten

Not that I want to, but I heard that you could commit murder and disappear for 10 years, and then come back and all is forgiven and forgotten

No I don't think there is a Statute on criminal matters, just civil matters.

20(twenty) - you will get old in meantime.