Adolph Hitler Removed From Pattaya

george

Don't blame the Thais - blame their education system.

Interesting. Is there some other nationality in charge of the Thai education system?

Exactly!!

The education in the realm is a joke.

Even Thai's who have been educated overseas at prestigious universities don't know any better.

You can take the girl out of the bar but you can't take the bar out of the girl.

Same thing people who want to live in their own little world will never know anything outside that little world.

Oh is that right? Tell me mate without going to google who was Major-General Plaek Pibulsonggram without you having to look it up?

To you Rambo is Sly Stallone to a Thai he's Pongsiri Por Pongsawang a very famous Thai boxer.

I doubt if you know who Somdet Chaofa Prajadhipok Sakdidej was or what his role in Thai History was

Can you name me 10 Japanese singers or bands or how about 5 Korean female actresses?.

Who won the Battle of Kho Chan and why were they fighting?

You expect them to know your history but you know nothing about Asian history.

My girlfriend is Thai, never seen the inside of a bar and asked me to ask you thase questions......she knows full well who Hitler was and was educated in a Buiram University.

As you probably can't answer one of those questions I reckon your about just as dumb as the people you slag.

She speaks excellent English do you speak excellent Thai?

It's not a case of not wanting to know. This is a 3rd world country where the teachers in the provinces were taught in the provinces and can only teach what they know.

You sepnd more in a day on beer than they make in a month and half the kids can't get to school due to lack of transport........I've seen kids playing football in Yasoton and half of them playing in their bare feet cos they have no money to buy even the cheapest boots.

Your remark " You can take the girl out of the bar but you can't take the bar out of the girl" Dead original :) is something you would not want to say to an educated Thai.......you're a foreigner and talking down at Thai of any class is not appreciated by any Thai.

Some Thais are so poor they never get an education.......some that do get taught only about their own history because their teachers knows nothing else............some, not a very high percentage, are lucky and get a good education of those 90% would probably lose you and I on general knowledge.

This assuming all Thai people are stupid makes me sick.......There's more to Thailand than go-go bars (I love em by the way) but you should get out more mate and meet some real Thais and tell them they're dumb.......you would last about 5 minutes.

PS Girfriend says your puerile ..........I have no idea what it means but I doubt if it's a compliment :D

just curious why do you love the bars if you have a thai g/f already? I know this is off track but that just caught my eye.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dumb decision, he's one of the most famous figures in history, good reason to have a wax carricature. It's unfortunate a few imbeciles can choose what the rest of us can and can't see. The museum just needs to ensure that his portayal is done in a tasteful manner, which the comment probably didn't do but that's an easy fix and doesn't require him removed.

It's odd that nazi sensitivity has grown with time rather than fallen, a sure sign people (you know who) are milking it.

Look at the tens of billions of dollars Jews from all over the world have milked out of the Holocaust. What Western country doesn't have a Holocaust Museum. But, free speech is not allowed in Thailand as well as in the rest of the world. History is history and no figure should be eliminated as if they never existed. Mao & Stalin, still heroes in parts of the world, each responsible for the deaths of 50,000,000 to 100 million people, mostly their own people - Chinese & Russians. I doubt we would hear a word from the Israeli embassy or Jewish visitors to Thailand if statues of Mao, Stalin, Lenin, Trotsky, Pol Pot, Castro, etc. were placed in a wax museum. Removing the billboard would have been enough of a compromise, but being forced to remove a wax figure from a private business, is ridiculous! Anyone who believes in real freedom, freedom of speech, would not object to Mao, Stalin, Pol Pot, or any other figure of history one believes to be a monster, on a billboard. How far do we need to go back in time?Henry VII? How many did he kill? And on and on. How in the world did all the governments of the world ever allow a very small minority of people of one race or ethnicity or religion to dictate to the world?!

Would that be european christians?

Dumb decision, he's one of the most famous figures in history, good reason to have a wax carricature. It's unfortunate a few imbeciles can choose what the rest of us can and can't see. The museum just needs to ensure that his portayal is done in a tasteful manner, which the comment probably didn't do but that's an easy fix and doesn't require him removed.

It's odd that nazi sensitivity has grown with time rather than fallen, a sure sign people (you know who) are milking it.

Ridiculous thing is that you would likely have the same media uproar if this took place in the U.S. or Europe? What has happened to free speech. Let people make their own decisions. Have we no faith in humanity or we merely being being controlled through selective media.

An "uproar" is free speech too. Free speech doesn't mean that you can never be criticized or even ostracized for the things that you say, it just means that you have the right to say those things.

Removing the billboard would have been enough of a compromise, but being forced to remove a wax figure from a private business, is ridiculous!

Excuse me! Back to reality. Point me to one source where it says they will not display the Hitler wax figure? The controversy was about the bad taste advert. I agree they should keep the wax figure. If they do remove it, they did this to themselves by running with that inflammatory billboard.

Look at the tens of billions of dollars Jews from all over the world have milked out of the Holocaust.

I think such a thing would be very hard to quantify but it sure sounds impressive, tens of billions, why not trillions? Anyway, do remember that the Nazis stole massive wealth from the Jews all over Europe and some of that (probably a small portion actually) has indeed been legitimately recovered by the survivor's families. But how much are millions of gassed children worth, you tell me?

Edited by Jingthing

Nothing upset´s me anymore when it comes to Thai´s .. you just have to love them! 555 :)

Little did i know about Thailand and Thai culture 10 years ago so how could they know about this .. told GF about Hitler , WWII etc. couple of years ago and she had never heard about it so dont blame Thai People , blame the regime! :D

Thai people are very free and positive about the way they see the world, they are so easyt about their lives, and you Farangs who live in Thailand many years should know better...Just tell the Thai and let them know about your hurtful feeling. After that they will do the appropriate action for you...

After 911 incident I got a call from my Thai friend who wanted to send me Bin Laden Tee shirts. She said they sold them in the markets...I was not too happy about this but, could not laugh so hard about her well intention, she really meant no harm just want to give me stuffs...after I explained to her she apologized

and felt so bad. I knew she did not mean no harm...well that is my take and opinion.

I swore I wasn't going to waste my time anymore replying to anyone on this silly website but this demands a response. A while back ago I said it seemed to me that when 'commons sense' was passed out by whomever that they forgot Thailand. Here is yet another example.

With all the t-shirts available to sell in Thailand one has to ask why your gf chose one with Bin Laden on it after he killed 3000 Americans. It is absolutely revolting. And as far as the sign goes leave it up the Thais sell the T-shirts with Hitler on it along with swastika's everywhere. Just another indication that education here is non-existant.

And with all due respect to Budda who preached calmness and patience he never owned a motorcycle as far as I know. If he did he too undoubtedly would be cussing out the idiots who travel the Thai roadways. These morons couldn't get a kiddy car license in Europe or the US.

Unlike the West, Thai's don't do P.C. well it seems. I find that an endearing quality

True, but I don't really think the western notion of PC applies. Generally in the west when people are not being PC they know they are not being PC, and revel in the utter naughtiness of it. Here it is more like just being clueless ... So I assert it doesn't really count as not being PC.

I assume that the authorities will also remove/cover up anything re George W. Bush and Tony Blair who collectively waged an unlawful war (on the pretext of WMD which never existed) and which led to the death of thousands of innocents in Iraq.

Agreed wholeheartedly!

Of course you do, if you can claim that others are/were just as bad as Hitler it makes Hitler sound more palatable.

Look at the tens of billions of dollars Jews from all over the world have milked out of the Holocaust. What Western country doesn't have a Holocaust Museum. But, free speech is not allowed in Thailand as well as in the rest of the world. History is history and no figure should be eliminated as if they never existed. Mao & Stalin, still heroes in parts of the world, each responsible for the deaths of 50,000,000 to 100 million people, mostly their own people - Chinese & Russians. I doubt we would hear a word from the Israeli embassy or Jewish visitors to Thailand if statues of Mao, Stalin, Lenin, Trotsky, Pol Pot, Castro, etc. were placed in a wax museum. Removing the billboard would have been enough of a compromise, but being forced to remove a wax figure from a private business, is ridiculous! Anyone who believes in real freedom, freedom of speech, would not object to Mao, Stalin, Pol Pot, or any other figure of history one believes to be a monster, on a billboard. How far do we need to go back in time?Henry VII? How many did he kill? And on and on. How in the world did all the governments of the world ever allow a very small minority of people of one race or ethnicity or religion to dictate to the world?!

Would that be european christians?

There is nothing wrong with the God fearing all preaching Christians. Only that the Jews we stupid to let a good business like the catholic religion slip out their hands and now look at the problems it`s caused.

I have heard many criticise the Thais in the past for being racist and bigoted, but the posts on this thread prove that us whiteys carry these opinions in us like a disease and try to spread it like a virus wherever we go.

This is why I prefer to live in Thailand classified as a Farang, rather than a mick, jock, krut, diego, yid, frog, pole in the home country.

So for those who wish to create this sort of atmosphere over here in Thailand, please s-d off and preach it somewhere else.

Edited by sassienie

The complaints were not about including the wax figure at the museum. The complaints were about the offensive advertisement which was indeed in extremely poor taste.

How about removing the statues of traffic cops sprouting up at many road junctions am getting back ache reaching for my wallet.

Don’t criticize Thailand for not being an audience to western Jewish propaganda.

Mao was responsible for killing 50 million around the same time Hilter was supposed to have killed 1 million jews. How many Europeans know that? Ask Thais if they have heard of Mao Zedong and they certainly have.

In the west we are constantly reminded of the holocaust some are even jailed for denying it. I come from Jewish owned country, England.

Biggest contributor to Gordon Browns government = Rothschild.

The food Chain = Tesco,

Who owns more property in London than the Queen?

Sorry to have a different opinion but I enjoy living in Thailand a non jew owned country. Immigration is still about Thai people and others are guests. Have a look around London. Who finances those immigration policies to undermine the natives of England?

Yup. Don't forget what they (the Jews) have done with Palestine - the same thing that was done to them, yet in a more PC and less brutal manner. They're taking over Pai, Thailand as well.

[

With all the t-shirts available to sell in Thailand one has to ask why your gf chose one with Bin Laden on it after he killed 3000 Americans. It is absolutely revolting. And as far as the sign goes leave it up the Thais sell the T-shirts with Hitler on it along with swastika's everywhere. Just another indication that education here is non-existant.

Actually it's nothing of the sort. Bin Laden was in the news, so somebody made a business decision that he could make a baht or six flogging those shirts. The fact that it may be offensive or even morally wrong is ignored if there is a chance to make money, and this is part of the nature of the beast.

Travel to Nakhon Phanom and view with awe the clock tower donated by Ho Chi Minh for R&R services to the NVA, while the Thai army was fighting with the US in 'Nam, 35 KIA from memory. if you are like me, you would find that a quite unusual cultural difference.

They'd better put Pol Pot, Mao, Stalin, Ulbricht, Fidel or Che.

Should put the english government on there also when they settled Australia they completely wiped out the whole aboriginal race in Tasmania. Yes that was when Australia was under british rule.

[

Actually it's nothing of the sort. Bin Laden was in the news, so somebody made a business decision that he could make a baht or six flogging those shirts. The fact that it may be offensive or even morally wrong is ignored if there is a chance to make money, and this is part of the nature of the beast.

Travel to Nakhon Phanom and view with awe the clock tower donated by Ho Chi Minh for R&R services to the NVA, while the Thai army was fighting with the US in 'Nam, 35 KIA from memory. if you are like me, you would find that a quite unusual cultural difference.

what about all the other nationalities working in the WTC you forgot to count them

Don’t criticize Thailand for not being an audience to western Jewish propaganda.

Mao was responsible for killing 50 million around the same time Hilter was supposed to have killed 1 million jews. How many Europeans know that? Ask Thais if they have heard of Mao Zedong and they certainly have.

In the west we are constantly reminded of the holocaust some are even jailed for denying it. I come from Jewish owned country, England.

The food Chain = Tesco,

Sorry to have a different opinion but I enjoy living in Thailand a non jew owned country. Immigration is still about Thai people and others are guests. Have a look around London. Who finances those immigration policies to undermine the natives of England?

Yup. Don't forget what they (the Jews) have done with Palestine - the same thing that was done to them, yet in a more PC and less brutal manner. They're taking over Pai, Thailand as well.

The poor treatment of the Palestinians by the Israelis is a serious and real issue, as are the violent actions of Palestinians and their repeated attacks on Israeli civilians (whether you think they are justified or not, when is blowing up teenagers on a beach a good thing?). However, to fall for the absurdity that there is any equivalency at all between the Israel government and Hitler's Third Reich is beyond the pale, and a common game played by neo-anti-semites, because they know how much that charge riles Jews to be called Nazis, because it is true that is the worse thing in the world to most Jews. So of course they will continue, but that does NOT make the comparison legitimate or true.

Edited by Jingthing

[

I can sum it up in one word: APATHY.

Something doesn`t become empathic to one until it affects them personally or they are of an educated level to fully understanding their own actions

Edited by sassienie

Ridiculous thing is that you would likely have the same media uproar if this took place in the U.S. or Europe? What has happened to free speech. Let people make their own decisions. Have we no faith in humanity or we merely being being controlled through selective media.

Probably a bunch of Jews complaining is my guess. Funny thing is how they've gone and done basically the same thing with Palestine, albeit in a more politically correct and less brutal manner.

Yes, it probably was 'a bunch' of jews.... do jews come in a 'bunch'? anyway, they do kindof have the right to complain about a large billboard with hitler on it doncha think? it did look like a 'hitler welcomes you to Pattaya' bilboard so it's a good thing to take it down but removing the waxwork is a mistake. Everyone should be able to be educated about what happened in Europe in the 1920's, economic meltdown allowing extremist politicians to plunge most of the world into horrendous conflict resulting in the destruction of most of the continent and the horrific deaths of tens of millions of people and shaping the political structure of the influential world powers up to the present day.

Probably not achieved by having a waxworks museum....

“Oh is that right? Tell me mate without going to google who was Major-General Plaek Pibulsonggram without you having to look it up?”

I doubt if you can call him a dict@t0r (and a little bit more) on this forum.

And I doubt if many pupils and student learn everything about him.

They'd better put Pol Pot, Mao, Stalin, Ulbricht, Fidel or Che.

Should put the english government on there also when they settled Australia they completely wiped out the whole aboriginal race in Tasmania. Yes that was when Australia was under british rule.

What the British did to the Boers in South-Africa was not very nice either.

Hitler is living in the Isreal now........... or some kind of Hitler. If they gave back the land belonging to the palestine people then i would look at these people as humans. The people of Isreal did not learn from historie because they are neerly doing the same as Hitler was doing !!!

If they gave back the land to the palestine people, than many of the Jews would have to return to their original home lands in Europe. Than you would be complaining that the Jews have invaded and taken over your country.

Oh no, i hope it won`t be the final solution again?

This is my point:

Many Christians and others, including Gays, ethnic minorities, unionists and innocents were brutalised during the nazi occupations in WW2.

This is not about Christians Vs Jews, there is a lot more to it than that.

My gripe is against my fellow countrymen who do not consider me as a fellow countryman because of not having pure Saxon blood, but rather as someone who is below them and should not have the same rights as a fellow Brit or even exterminated in some extreme cases.

So in that case I have to consider them sort as my enemy and the enemy of my children and to be honest would oppose them wherever they show up with their poisonous views and politics.

As far as I’m concerned they are scum, which I’m sure the feeling is mutual. There lies the facts, be it may.

Edited by sassienie

The 'Offensive"Pattaya" Billboard

I used to be a teacher years ago when i first came here.I once worked at a school that had girls walking around in Nazi uniforms and Nazi flags for sports day.

And no, i do know the difference between the Nazi flag and the Buddhist sign if anyone wants to reply to this.

And also spoke with a Thai person years ago and i don't know hoe the conversation came about,but he said that Hitler was a great man and that the Germans were powerful people :D:) .

Over 100 posts and no-one seems to have mentioned that the swastika on the Pattaya billboard is not the Nazi version as sported by Uncle Adolph and his Nazi party, but the "anti-clockwise" symbol commonly used in Eastern religions etc.

A Chinese man displaying the eastern version. It can even be seen on depictions of the Buddha's feet.

Including Hitler in the "Rogues Gallery" at Tussauds should be acceptable. Flaunting his image as most here have agreed ,is not

"Sawasdee ka" ? Swastika? :D

Edited by ratcatcher

Hitler is living in the Isreal now........... or some kind of Hitler. If they gave back the land belonging to the palestine people then i would look at these people as humans. The people of Isreal did not learn from historie because they are neerly doing the same as Hitler was doing !!!

If they gave back the land to the palestine people, than many of the Jews would have to return to their original home lands in Europe. Than you would be complaining that the Jews have invaded and taken over your country.

Oh no, i hope it won`t be the final solution again?

Why not? There is no reason for the Palestinians to get the bill for the Holocaust.

I have a good friend whose Polish mother barely escaped being imprisoned or taken to a camp by the Nazis. As such, it is a soft spot her.

and I bought a car from a Polish, three years ago. They are still worth every word about them. The day after I paid I had a serious engine problem which cost me 70k bath to fix it

I read about a "GERMAN GIRL" here in this thread and she have left Germany because of racism, for Thailand, to live with her Thai Boyfriend...I hate sextourism and I dont like people telling me ALL GERMANS are NaZis. They are not NationalZionists and I wonder who the NaZis in Germany are? The 30 Percent Foreigners, Turks, Libanese, Russians, Polish, Ghanese or Arabs, or just the GERMANS

GERMANS are Nazis

Brits are Hooligans

Sweds are always drunk

and Aussis always play Rugby .........Posts like that are pure racism

Someone complained about Obamas Nobelprice Winning. Maybe the Norwegians are more clever than we think. Maybe they know that the price is a stick between his legs on his way to Iran.

Obama is made like every other president since the 50s in USAmerica. It was the best solution for the people who are really in Power at this time.

USAmerica was hated all around the world, this has changed since Obama, nothing else!

and for Hitler on the Billbord, just another cheap trick to get attention for free.....MISSION ACCOMPLISHED :)

The food Chain = Tesco,

The poor treatment of the Palestinians by the Israelis is a serious and real issue, as are the violent actions of Palestinians and their repeated attacks on Israeli civilians (whether you think they are justified or not, when is blowing up teenagers on a beach a good thing?). However, to fall for the absurdity that there is any equivalency at all between the Israel government and Hitler's Third Reich is beyond the pale, and a common game played by neo-anti-semites, because they know how much that charge riles Jews to be called Nazis, because it is true that is the worse thing in the world to most Jews. So of course they will continue, but that does NOT make the comparison legitimate or true.

Wow we agree again...scary, You are correct...

Actually a better comparison would be to compare the isreili jews to early American Colonialists and settlers in the west, and the Palestinians to the Native American tribes that they systmaticly whiped out in a successfull bid to steal their land and erradicate their culture. As isreal expands, Palistians die and loose land. This is more accurate of a comparison.

The old Nazi comparsion is weak, agreed.

However the good thing is, unlike with the Lakota, Soix and the countless other Native American Tribes, The Palistians have some inkling of hope because they are surronded by Muslim nations and despite however unsympathetic they may be as countries, there are individuals that will get the truth out via modren media outlets not controlled by the zionists (Al Jazeria comes to mind) and there will be thouse that will join the struggle against evil no matter how dire the situation becomes.