Ubc Or Other Satelite Service

gerry53

I went to the UBC office on Pattaya Central opposite Carrefour today to get satellite installed in my rental condo, they refused to take my request because they said they needed the deed (title) for the condo, I had a lease agreement only. I had a copy of my passport which was also requested. Has anyone else had this problem or could recommend a supplier reasonable to deal with in Jomtien for this or a pirated satellite service?

Edited by gerry53

I went to the UBC office on Pattaya Central opposite Carrefour today to get satellite installed in my rental condo, they refused to take my request because they said they needed the deed (title) for the condo, I had a lease agreement only. I had a copy of my passport which was also requested. Has anyone else had this problem or could recommend a supplier reasonable to deal with in Jomtien for this or a pirated satellite service?

They never asked me for anything like that. I live in Jomtien Beach Condos and they worked with our office, so maybe since the office knows I own my unit they were ok with that.

I also went to an office INSIDE the shopping center, so maybe they are different.

Edited by rmicheald

I find them very helpful in the Siamkomintr (I think that's how it's spelt) shop on Sukhumvit heading South just before Siam Country Club Road. No problems for me getting set in rented condo, just copy of rent agreement and copy passport.

Forget dealing with the dozy lazy UBC staff in the Pattaya Klang office.

They might as well shut that shop down tomorrow (or sooner) as in the 6 years I’ve lived in Pattaya and had UBC they’ve done nothing other than fob me and plenty of others off.

I once had a dish/signal problem after some high winds and the lady-boy in the shop told me I had to contact the Chonburi engineers to get them to come out and re-align my dish. When I asked her if he could telephone them for me I was told I had to do it myself as “this office is for customer service only”.

That statement baffled the hel_l out of me and I still shake my head in disbelief at her statement.

And yes I did have to telephone the Chonburi engineers myself and for anyone interested this is the number: 038 383570 Two lines: 038 383571

To get decent UBC answers in Pattaya (when she’s there that is) head down the Sukhumvit to the shop mentioned by (poster gmac) as the member stated its just before the Soi Siam country club road ‘on the left’ heading south.

You can’t miss the place it’s a large electrical shop selling TV’s etc.