Need An E-commerce Site Written

ozsamurai

I need a basic e-commerce site using PayPal to sell some stuff, back office to input products price etc.. then have it appear on a simple web page... where to find someone to do this. Any ideas on costs?? I know you can go nuts, but something mid level would be fine, no flash or bells and whisltles, anyone got anyone to recommend??

Oz

I need a basic e-commerce site using PayPal to sell some stuff, back office to input products price etc.. then have it appear on a simple web page... where to find someone to do this. Any ideas on costs?? I know you can go nuts, but something mid level would be fine, no flash or bells and whisltles, anyone got anyone to recommend??

Oz

I have a good friend (American) here in Phuket who is a graphics and website whiz ... been doing this professionally for years, including for Toyota in Japan. I know he can do this kind of thing to real pro standard at low cost. PM me is you want name and phone.

osCommerce, http://www.oscommerce.com, is probably what you want. If you're not interested in designing then just use the web site that comes with the demo shop. All you need to do is to remove products from the demo shop and include your own.

Thats what most professional services would do anyway - take a framework such as oscommerce and stick their own design onto it. You'd really be paying them for designing and integrating the design into an existing structure that is open to deploy by everyone.

Thats what most professional services would do anyway - take a framework such as oscommerce and stick their own design onto it. You'd really be paying them for designing and integrating the design into an existing structure that is open to deploy by everyone.

Or just don't bother chaning the design at all :)

Like easyintersoft.com and another Thai computer shop which I can't remember the link for, which both look completely identical besides from the logo top left.

Another option is to open an account with an online payment gateway or 'authorised reseller' as they prefer to be known. Advantages are:

* Very low start up costs (eg. 50 bucks).

* Security and maintenance issues are shifted to the gateway, which is much better equipped to handle them than you are.

* Low technical barriers to entry. They give you snippets of html code (essentially links) to embed in your site. You don't need to know much to use it.

* Transaction and payment management is integrated / provided by the gateway.