Drug-crazed Us Tourist Found Hanged In Hotel

george

This "news report" and I use this term very loosely, rates well with a Bangkok Post story of a couple of years back - about ... a Japanese man was found dead with a number of knife wounds in his condominium .......

such an awful place to be stabbed. :o

fug you sanctimonious as*es on this sight. bloody losers all.

some poor guy kills himself and you are flip about it.

headline...."drug crazed american" what is this? thai forum attempt to revive yellow journalism? as though the german who is passing out aids to hundreds of thai girls is not crazed? or the two euros who killed thai kills this year where not crazed?

you show more sympathy for a as*hole farang in motorcycle accident, who only cares if he is getting enough money than a poor kid who gets drunk and hangs himself! you can even make jokes about the poor guys tragic end.

maybe those of you who think this is a joke you should get off the computer and stop playing god for a minute and do some soul searching out there in the real world.

ITS A LITTLE SAD HOW PEOPLE LIVE IN PATTAYA ARE MURDERING, MOLESTING AND EVEN KILLING THEMSELVES... PATHETIC ... IT IS EVIDENCE THAT A BELT COULD HAVE KILLED THIS AMERICAN. THE MAN COULD HAVE STRUGGLED AND WENT UNCONSCIOUS AFTER HANGING HIMSELF, WHEN THE BELT WENT LOOSE...NEVER KNOW...CRAZY THINGS HAPPEN... THERE ARE MANY POSSIBILITIES FOR THE REASON OF HIS DEATH

People in Pattaya are murdering and molesting themselves?!

LOL

Umm, those that have heard of Michael Hutchinson from INX may remember he died from a sexual act which included a belt. Apparently, it heightens the pleasure.

:o

Therefore, belt may of come loose.

Now, if the belt wasn't found then there are some serious questions.

As to mraloha comments. CALM DOWN. My wife was telling me of the news about a Thai taxi driver who ran over a person. He stopped his cab and put the man in his taxi. On lookers thought he was taking the man to the hospital. But, no. Took him to a quiet road to run over him some more to make sure he was dead. Now, theres compassion. NOT.

ANYBODY ANY RACE is capable of murder.

Nomad

Mraloha wrote;

fug you sanctimonious as*es on this sight. bloody losers all.
All?
some poor guy kills himself and you are flip about it.

And you're sure he killed himself?

headline...."drug crazed american" what is this? thai forum attempt to revive yellow journalism? as though the german who is passing out aids to hundreds of thai girls is not crazed? or the two euros who killed thai kills this year where not crazed?

You've lost me; but I'm wondering if you really belive this German passed out aids to hundreds of Thai girls.

It sounded about as legit to me as this 'suicide'. :o

IA

This "news report" and I use this term very loosely, rates well with a Bangkok Post story of a couple of years back - about ...  a Japanese  man was found dead with a number of knife wounds in his condominium .......

such an awful place to be stabbed.  :o

>>>>>> a Japanese man was found dead with a number of knife wounds in his condominium <<<<<<<

Did the condominium feel much pain?

How did he get from hanging himself to lying on a floor? Sounds nearly impossible since it seems the belt wasn't actually in evidence, ie they could tell from marks on his neck.

He probably has hung himself off the bathroom door handle! A simple loop of his belt hooked over the handle and placed about the carotid artery area causes blood-loss to the brain within seconds and unconsciousness followed by lack of oxygen to the brain, all over in seconds. Also technique used in sexual stimulation known as "auto eroticism" where blood flow restricted and released to the brain causes heightened sexual arousement. ie death of Michael HUTCHENCE.

Read today that this was a case of suffacation and auto-erotocism gone awry.... Apparantly the poor guy was trying to jack off and at the moment when his senses were most dulled, well, anyways... At least there wasn't a horrible accident involving a broom handle and ladies underwear... :o suffocation is a much better way to go....

So maybe the details of this 'suicide' were to save a little bit of face for the poor schmuck.

Edited by drummer

IN BRIEF: American found dead

Published on April 01, 2005

An American tourist was found dead in a guesthouse bathroom in Chiang Mai, police said yesterday. He had apparently committed suicide.

Joel Anthony Freiler, 26, was found sitting against the bathroom door with a nylon rope tied around his neck that was also attached to the doorknob. There were no signs of a struggle, said provincial forensic examiner Lt-Colonel Noppakhun Kirathikarnkul.

Freiler had probably been dead for more than 12 hours when he was found at 10am yesterday at the Lai Thai guesthouse, Noppakhun said.

A broken shower rail and a bottle of yellow liquid were found next to the body, he said. The liquid was sent for laboratory testing.

Police suspect that Freiler tried to hang himself from the shower rail but after it broke, tied the cord to the doorknob. Bruising was found on his neck.

----------

• Like 1

Hello, I'm an American and I knew Joel Freiler for a very long time. Please, if anyone knows where I can find any news articles or information on his death other than the speculation and preposterous things said previously, I would greatly appreciate it. Any news links or websites with information or articles would be very helpful. And please, to everyone who has posted something negative on this board, try to remember that Joel is a real person and he has friends and family who, obviously, could read this one day. Thanks for your help.

The TNA prints lots of stuff that just isn't true, or tries to make something from nothing, as John pointed out. Just in the last few months, I've seen half a dozen examples of what I call bad reporting.

I wish George would use a better news source...

Yeah, I like the bit about him being a "drug-crazed" American - like it's back to the old tired "Bash The Yank" time again... :o

Mr. Jonell Anthony Fryler, 26,

--TNA

Joel Anthony Freiler, 26

--The Nation

... Mr. Jonell Anthony Fryler, 26, ....

... I knew Joel Freiler for a very long time. ....

:o

TNA versus The Nation.... a nice example of the accuracy of The Nation versus the guesswork of TNA.

:D

Now all you clever dicks ( pun intended) have solved the cause of this gentlemans death from hundreds if not thousands of miles away from the scene.

I wonder can you now turn your detective work to the rape and murder 5 years ago of Kirsty Jones here in Chiang Mai as the police here are baffled.

I have no doubt you will solve this awful murder in no time.

Let me just start by stating that everything posted on this forum about Joel Freiler, with the exception of SadAmerican and the Nation article, have been speculatory and based completely on opinion instead of fact. Joel has been a friend of mine for over ten years and he was the most amazing person that I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. He was in Thailand volunteering with tsunami relief projects because he adored Thailand and the Thai culture as a whole. He was a caring and selfless individual who made this world a better place just by being in it. And to those of you who have chosed to mock or sensationalize his death, I pity the fact that human compassion is so lacking in your lives. Joel deserves to be honored in death because he loved and was loved so much in life. Please just let him rest in peace.

I put this message out for anyone who truley wants to see the man behind the lies of this yellow journalism. For all you writing these horrible things about Joel, ask yourself...what if he was your best friend. Please...stop making a mockery of his death.

Joel Anthony Freiler was, and still is, my best friend. It does not matter how he died but more so important how he lived. People that knew Joel would know how kind and whole hearted he was. Joel is a wonderfull man and should be remembered as just that. He has embarked upon a new adventure into the after life and is smiling upon us. I love Joel with all of my heart and hope to hear the stories of his adventures when I too take that journey. Joel's love and kindness will forever suround us and love us. Tri Tip, Chicki, and GnT's for all.

Love, your friend

It does not matter how he died but more so important how he lived.  People that knew Joel would know how kind and whole hearted he was. .

Thank you for your input and I DO hope that people can appreciate your kind words. He sounds like he was a very good man, but I differ with your above statement. I think it IS important to try and discover what happened to him. Do you, SadAmerican, or DeLightning have any insights into this matter that can help those of us who don't make stupid, crass remarks about his death, to understand?

He sounds like he was a rare person indeed, but I think it's certainly relevant to his life that we understand his death.

It does not matter how he died but more so important how he lived.  People that knew Joel would know how kind and whole hearted he was. .

Thank you for your input and I DO hope that people can appreciate your kind words. He sounds like he was a very good man, but I differ with your above statement. I think it IS important to try and discover what happened to him. Do you, SadAmerican, or DeLightning have any insights into this matter that can help those of us who don't make stupid, crass remarks about his death, to understand?

He sounds like he was a rare person indeed, but I think it's certainly relevant to his life that we understand his death.

Agreed, Friends of Joel would have an idea if this man was capable taking his life or not. Friends would also definitely want to know how he came to meet such a fate. Unless they already suspect the cause and want it hidden. There were a couple of replies (of sexual relations) in this post that were not, how do i say it,.. not how you or anyone would want to be remembered as your last moments in this lifetime. Whether true or not, it's none of my business or anyone else's. Personally, I think there could be many theories on his death, my guess is as good as TNA's.

However he died, my deepest condolences to friends and family.

• 2 weeks later...

It's amazing how one can google his dead friend's name and the first item to pop up is a forum of people who have never met this kid speculating about his death and disparaging his name. Thankfully, it appears others who knew Joel (likely friends of mine as well) caught wind of this forum as well and have given him his proper respect with their loving and kind words.

Although he was 25, I still refer to Joel as a kid because in my memory he always will be. I knew Joel for literally his entire life, all 25 years, having grown up across the street from him and sharing the stories and memories that one only acquires during the shennanigans of childhood friendship. As others have said to those making rude remarks...please understand the reality of this situation. Have a heart and listen to the words of those who knew and loved this kid for his gentle soul and generous nature. Instead of wasting your time in front of your computer trashing the defenseless on some obscure Thai forum, go give somebody you love a hug. I can't tell you how happy I am that I gave Joel a big hug the last time I saw him when I was home for Christmas.

I love you, Joel.

-Jeremy-

• Like 1

Curly Black Hair, a Hawaiian Shirt, Board Shorts, Hairy Legs, and Loafers. There will never be another Joel Freiler. I'll miss the stories he told, his laugh, and the random phone calls for no reason.

I'll miss you Joel.

-kyle

Good luck to all his mates that came on here to tell us a bit about the guy. I had a friend who died just a few months ago in Thailand and it does f.ucking hurt, and shame on everybody that used this thread for their own entertainment, a man died for gods sake.

Sounds like sexual asphyxia. It's wierd thing..but it was cause of death in the Aussie rocker (forget his name) and a british politician (cops found him wearing pantyhose and an orange stuffed in is mouth). A medical examiner once told me about how it works (and no, I have no 'personal' experience). They tighten ligatures around their neck and then release the ligature at last second to increase the pleasure (while naked if you get the idea). Sometimes though they wait too long before releasing the rope. Then the cops find em on the floor, or in bed or wherever..sometimes with oranges apparently..

So much for finding anything about how this happened. I couldn't read everything posted here. Some people are pathetic with what they make up and how callous they can be when something tragic happens.

I didn't know Joel for long and after graduation we never spoke again. But seven years after graduation I can still remember how awesome Joel was. The guy could play soccer like no one else. I never hung out with Joel except for on the field, yet it still pains me to hear that he's gone. That speaks volumes for his character. I barely knew him and I miss him. My thoughts and prayers to those of you who knew him well.

joel anthony freiler was my brother, I loved him so much only a few of you guys posting lighten my heart at this time. Joel did not want to die he was full of life always going on his journeys. It makes me sad and boiling angry to read what some of you have written about my BROTHER. It was an accident and that is what we have been told...period. Some of you people say these callous heartless things as if you have never been hurt or lost someone who was very very close to you. I pity you and truly if I saw you face to face I would smash your face in. He was my BROTHER have a heart and let his spirit be in peace because he wouldn't care what you type but I do.

Kurt Eugene Freiler

So much for finding anything about how this happened.  I couldn't read everything posted here.  Some people are pathetic with what they make up and how callous they can be when something tragic happens. 

I didn't know Joel for long and after graduation we never spoke again.  But seven years after graduation I can still remember how awesome Joel was.  The guy could play soccer like no one else.  I never hung out with Joel except for on the field, yet it still pains me to hear that he's gone.  That speaks volumes for his character.  I barely knew him and I miss him.  My thoughts and prayers to those of you who knew him well.

Edited by frogman3