Led Strip Lighting

Magoomba

They are a strip of white LED's maybe a meter long, they run on a lower voltage, and the light they give is excellent - very white. They also use considerably less power than other lighting sources (except natural of course) and therefore make themselves a good candidate for conversion of my tee-ruk's home to partial solar.

LED strip lighting is available at any Independent Philips Lighting dealer. I bought the LED Strip BLUE 0.8 W 50-60Hz 1CT/20 ordering code: 550207 05 upc code 8727900550207

from a Philips Independent Dealer in Korat down the street from The Mall heading towards Buriram. I've seen the same all in one kit which has 4 LED strips, 1 main adaptor, one color controller, all the hardware at other Philips dealers. I did NOT check to see other colors of lighting, but a motivated Philips dealer can look up this item or you can call the office in Philips office Bangkok. I've seen other "no name" LED lighting with questionable controllers in most every lighting store. Philips also sells in Thailand LED bulbs which fit into "normal" sockets. Those LED bulbs are not real bright. Thailand also sells T5 lighting fixtures which use very little electricity such as the:

Philips "Easy For Life" TCH065 1X21W No need to buy a ballast or starter with that very inexpensive, but very bright model T5 fixture. That model is widely available in Thailand, even at most all Modern Trade stores such as Tesco or Big C, often on a Buy 1 get 1 free promotion.

• 2 months later...
Philips "Easy For Life" TCH065 1X21W No need to buy a ballast or starter with that very inexpensive, but very bright model T5 fixture. That model is widely available in Thailand, even at most all Modern Trade stores such as Tesco or Big C, often on a Buy 1 get 1 free promotion.

I have looked around the stores in Pattaya... Big C, Carefour, Tescos,Homepro and they dont seem to have any LED strip lighting for sale.... they do have some LED torches/lanterns wich run on batteries...

they also have some Philips "Easy For Life" stuff but this looks and is priced just like a normal flourescent bulb are they in fact LED cleverly disguised ???

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I have looked around the stores in Pattaya... Big C, Carefour, Tescos,Homepro and they dont seem to have any LED strip lighting for sale.... they do have some LED torches/lanterns wich run on batteries...

they also have some Philips "Easy For Life" stuff but this looks and is priced just like a normal flourescent bulb are they in fact LED cleverly disguised ???

There is a dedicated electrical shop next to the bus station @ Pattaya Nua. Heading towards Suk, on the left hand side. Got many catalogs, and indeed deals with phillips.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

You have to know where to look, but they are definitely out there. Several are listed in this post, many others are not. I've seen them at the local HomePro/Mart...as well as at the smaller shops on Thepprasit here in Pattaya. Lots of them in Bangkok.

• 2 weeks later...

You have to know where to look, but they are definitely out there. Several are listed in this post, many others are not. I've seen them at the local HomePro/Mart...as well as at the smaller shops on Thepprasit here in Pattaya. Lots of them in Bangkok.

Reallllyyyyyyyyyy ? in Pattaya ? gotta look it up

Reallllyyyyyyyyyy ? in Pattaya ? gotta look it up

I think a big one is near the flyover on Suk. On the same side as Index (a bit north) and almost across from Boonthavorn. They just revamped their store and looks like they have lots of good stuff.

There are several small elcetric shops that carry them on Theprasit.

Typically small selection ....

Also, there is a large LED lighting place on sukumvit, I believe it is

between Central and North Pattaya roads, it's on the east side of

sukhumvit, large place, large display, can't miss it ...

Good Luck,

rudi