Helicopter Sightseeing Trips

phuketrex

Been up to see the Advance Aviation set up at Nai Yang near the airport. They operate a EC130 Eurocopter here and it's available for charter flights.

It can carry 6 passengers...2 alongside the pilot and 4 behind.

They are very expensive machines to operate so a trip in one is not going to be cheap but if 6 people shared the cost it's not so bad if you treat it as a once in a lifetime experience or do it for a special occasion...maybe a treat on your little ladys' birthday.

I've flown many times in them...mainly Bolkow 105's landing on tops of lighthouses or on lightships in the middle of the English Channel...great fun!

Advance do a 30-minute trip from their base up and down the west coast of Phuket ...43335 baht = 7222 baht/person

...or 40-minutes out over the shrimp farms...Phang Nga Bay...James Bond island and the Muslim floating village...57780 baht = 9630 baht/person

...or 50-minutes out to and around Phi Phi Island...72225 baht = 12037 baht/person

The pilot is Thai and used to fly Police helicopters.

I might be interested in going myself to make up the numbers and share the cost.

S6301228.jpg

S6301229.jpg

S6301230.jpg

Jeeeeez. Why do people always assume there's an ulterior motive? I posted this because I've seen people asking on forums before if this was available here so I thought I'm doing a service as most people won't know this thing exists. Also in a previous life I worked with these things so it's an interest for me...and I'm not going to charter it on my own.