Accom Internet Service In Jomtien Complex Condotel

jayjay2001

I'm wondering if anyone else who lives in Jomtien Complex Condotel and uses ACCOM has been experiencing connection problems more than usual this past week. More than usual, it doesn't connect, or when it does, it disconnects and then redials, and disconnects a bit later, and redials, etc. Of course, the service overall is as bad as other ISPs in Thailand, but it has gotten really bad over the last week or so. I'm told by one of their techs that they haven't had anyone else report problems :) (hmmm.. a bit hard to believe, but, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt). If others have been experiencing the problem, I can let him know (and I can know it's not my modem or connection cable).

Thanks

Is that the internet-over-power-line service? If so, I saw it advertised a year or two back, and I've even posted about it on this forum, but I've never come across anyone who's actually used it.

If it's not, then maybe they are using the same comms line as True and TT&T. The True T-LAN service in JCC was out from early last Saturday morning until around midday on Monday. A guy I know in VT2A has TT&T and his internet went dead for the same period of time. It's been back since Monday afternoon and is generally not too bad, so it sounds like you problem is something else.

Is that the internet-over-power-line service? If so, I saw it advertised a year or two back, and I've even posted about it on this forum, but I've never come across anyone who's actually used it.

If it's not, then maybe they are using the same comms line as True and TT&T. The True T-LAN service in JCC was out from early last Saturday morning until around midday on Monday. A guy I know in VT2A has TT&T and his internet went dead for the same period of time. It's been back since Monday afternoon and is generally not too bad, so it sounds like you problem is something else.

Yes, it's through a modem plugged into the outlet. My service hadn't been out all last weekend as you mentioned with the other ISPs-- it was just dropping and reconnecting much, much more than usual over the last week or so. In any case, the tech came today and made some changes, and so far so good (even increased speed! :) )

Edited by jayjay2001

Have you done a speed test? What kind of upload and download speeds does that service give you? I'm always looking for a cheaper alternative to True's T-LAN rip-off service, which at 2000 Baht/month for 1.8 Mbps maximum upload speed (and all torrent sites blocked by the ISP :) ) is a bit pricey. It might have been OK when it was first introduced in JCC back in 2004/2005, but I've heard guys reporting that they are getting 8 Mbps now in Pattaya, and for just 1200 Baht/month.

Have you done a speed test? What kind of upload and download speeds does that service give you? I'm always looking for a cheaper alternative to True's T-LAN rip-off service, which at 2000 Baht/month for 1.8 Mbps maximum upload speed (and all torrent sites blocked by the ISP :) ) is a bit pricey. It might have been OK when it was first introduced in JCC back in 2004/2005, but I've heard guys reporting that they are getting 8 Mbps now in Pattaya, and for just 1200 Baht/month.

Yesterday, got connected to CAT Telecom. Just did a speed test at speedtest.net. Nothing to get excited about: download: 1.76 mb/s; upload: .66 mb/s; ping: 63 ms. ; a couple of minuted later from speedtest.thaivisa: 1.6 DL and .75 UL

Yesterday, got connected to CAT Telecom. Just did a speed test at speedtest.net. Nothing to get excited about: download: 1.76 mb/s; upload: .66 mb/s; ping: 63 ms. ; a couple of minuted later from speedtest.thaivisa: 1.6 DL and .75 UL

For me a constant and consistant internet connection is vital

I have tried many companies and ditched them because of the constant worry about becoming offline, out of touch and isolated at the drop of a hat

Accom may not be the fastest

I can usually download a movie in 3 or 4 hours - but I rarely do this

You tube and news videos are usually ok

But the main concern is constant connection

Accom has had a few periods of concern - probably due to the reliance I think on CAT

Although the Shennanigans and loss of views from the ars***** in front have dented my enjoyment I am reticent to leave JC as I have found Accom to be more than acceptable