I Am Looking For A Print Shop

olsen

I am looking for a print shop in Thailand preferable down south, as I live and work here.

I want to print a magazine and need 20 A4 sized pages in 5,000 copies in glossy 100 gram paper quality.

I already got a quotation from Nakhon Si Thammarat....far too expensive. They asked for 97,000 THB!!

I've heard that I can get this done for around 50,000 THB....but yet I haven't found any print shops that offer me less than 90,000 THB.

Does anyone here know any print shops?

Where do you want to print?

If location is no question I might be able to give you some ideas.

My only idea to improve significantly on those quotes would be Bangladesh. And I neither want to go there, look for the right shop NOR expect them to deliver.

Here in Thailand, printers in Bkk are the most competitive on price, but I feel almost the same about Bkk as I do about Bgldsh.

All I can advise the OP is that 3 years ago in Chiang Mai I was charged 23b a copy for an A4 magazine with a 3,000 print run and 44 pages, 16 of which were colour. The quality was mid-to-very good, as was the value in this little city at that time.

If you won't pay, can't pay, start a website. I did.

Preferable printed in Nakhon Si Thammarat or Surat Thani province....but if the price is right, the location is of no importance....but it would be nice to save money on the freight of the mags :)

Preferable printed in Nakhon Si Thammarat or Surat Thani province....but if the price is right, the location is of no importance....but it would be nice to save money on the freight of the mags :)

In this case I can not help.

There are some print shops in Pattaya with reasonable pricing but its too far from your location...

My only idea to improve significantly on those quotes would be Bangladesh. And I neither want to go there, look for the right shop NOR expect them to deliver.

Here in Thailand, printers in Bkk are the most competitive on price, but I feel almost the same about Bkk as I do about Bgldsh.

All I can advise the OP is that 3 years ago in Chiang Mai I was charged 23b a copy for an A4 magazine with a 3,000 print run and 44 pages, 16 of which were colour. The quality was mid-to-very good, as was the value in this little city at that time.

If you won't pay, can't pay, start a website. I did.

Bangladesh :D

I just got an offer from BKK including full color, full art work and 100 gram gloss paper. Price 92,000 THB plus 7% VAT = 98,440 THB

For the printing alone the price is 66,340 THB included VAT. But I don't know if they accept that I do the art work myself and just print the stuff!

Will check.....

BTW I already have a website for this magazine :)

There are some print shops in Pattaya with reasonable pricing but its too far from your location...

Thanks for the input....if you could provide me with a web or email address, then I will try to contact them and maybe we can find a solution..... :)

Edited by olsen

It was a darn good magazine too, but if Flat Out could not make ends meet - with years of journalistic experience - will you be able to?

What was the name of your magazine?

Dunno if I will be able to make ends meet - but this is not meant to be a money-earner rather than an advertising-tool for our local area.

First and foremost we want to create a magazine that inform readers about our location and then we hope to attract more business to the area....

I've many years of experience in writing....but don't have any experience in journalism whatsoever....and also no experience as a publisher.....but I guess I will get this over the coming years :)

It was a darn good magazine too, but if Flat Out could not make ends meet - with years of journalistic experience - will you be able to?

Who says your the best.. if you cant do something doesnt mean that an other cant do it. I'm good at lifting weights but i know there are others who are better. I dont question that i accept that...

Are you a yank maybe ?

Thanks for the input....if you could provide me with a web or email address, then I will try to contact them and maybe we can find a solution..... :)

PM sent

Who says your the best.. if you cant do something doesnt mean that an other cant do it. I'm good at lifting weights but i know there are others who are better. I dont question that i accept that...

Are you a yank maybe ?

I was praising Flatouthruthefog's magazine and he happens to be a British gent. It is not mine.

LEARN TO READ! :)

Are you a yank maybe ?

I was praising Flatouthruthefog's magazine and he happens to be a British gent. It is not mine.

LEARN TO READ! :)

Damm have to clean those spectacles in the morning. I misread and thought you were saying he was bound to fail because you did not cut it. Sorry my apologies.

• 4 weeks later...

Just got a really good offer from a print shop in Koh Samui, - Samui Aksorn Printing. They gave me the best offer. 56,000 THB included everything and 130 gram cover paper and 100 gram inside magazine paper.

So now our magazine will hit the streets in December! :)

Edited by ThaiSunshine

know a good place in Bangkok...

not crazily expensive, but not the cheapest you can find in bkk

have used them for years, they are reliable...and will do whatever it takes to meet promised deadline. they even make some attempt to help with editing (spellings only ofcourse)

but thaisunshine, for about 11baht a copy, thats a very good deal. is it in full or two-coloured or black and white? if full colour I have to say its very very cheap!

• 7 months later...

Maybe my information will be useful for somebody.

We checked few printing labs in Samui and two in Phangan.

The Greencom lab in Phangan gave us the best prices for printing and laminating of 200posters and 10 000 flyers. We were surprised that the prices in Phangan are lower.