Letter Of Invitation

I am in the process of writing a letter of invitation for my girlfriend as well. The bad news is that I'm a terribe writer, haha. In addition, I'm not really sure what I should be writing in this letter? Could someone that has gotten their girlfriend's visitor visa approved please provide me with a short list of key points to touch on in my letter? What information does the embassy look for? By the way, I am American forces currently living in the UK so I'm not sure if that complicates things at all. I will be checking back frequently. Thanks all!

I am in the process of writing a letter of invitation for my girlfriend as well. The bad news is that I'm a terribe writer, haha. In addition, I'm not really sure what I should be writing in this letter? Could someone that has gotten their girlfriend's visitor visa approved please provide me with a short list of key points to touch on in my letter? What information does the embassy look for? By the way, I am American forces currently living in the UK so I'm not sure if that complicates things at all. I will be checking back frequently. Thanks all!

It's not really a letter of invitation to your visitor, more a letter to the ECO in support of the application.

The letter should cover a brief history of your relationship, the reason for her visit at this time and your future plans together. You should also include any clarification or expansion on areas of the application form or supporting documents that may be required and any other points that you feel may help the application.

But keep it brief. 1 or 2 pages.

That you are in the American services stationed in the UK should not complicate things.