Where Can I Find Wheat Grass To Grow?

MisterMan

no idea in Phuket but its Hard Winter Wheat berries your looking for. They are usually imported in from China.

For juicers its expensive for a slick power juicer (20 to 30k baht) but fairly cheap for a hand cranker(1 to 5k baht). The hand crankers are those stainless steel looking like sausage grinders that are clamped to a table. The expensive power ones are nice but tend to break a lot. One of the health food stores here in CM gave up on the power ones and just hand crank it now.

Health food stores for both. The juicer doesn't have to be for wheatgrass but the wheatgrass specfic ones are better for extraction. If you want to check out non wheatgrass specific grinders then look at restaurant supply places. You have to wrap your mind around how it works to pick the right kind of non specific juicer/grinder. Not just any grinder will do but it needs to be slow speed and have a way to separate the juice from the pulp.

they look like this

post-27132-1256541030.jpg

no idea in Phuket but its Hard Winter Wheat berries your looking for. They are usually imported in from China.

For juicers its expensive for a slick power juicer (20 to 30k baht) but fairly cheap for a hand cranker(1 to 5k baht). The hand crankers are those stainless steel looking like sausage grinders that are clamped to a table. The expensive power ones are nice but tend to break a lot. One of the health food stores here in CM gave up on the power ones and just hand crank it now.

Health food stores for both. The juicer doesn't have to be for wheatgrass but the wheatgrass specfic ones are better for extraction. If you want to check out non wheatgrass specific grinders then look at restaurant supply places. You have to wrap your mind around how it works to pick the right kind of non specific juicer/grinder. Not just any grinder will do but it needs to be slow speed and have a way to separate the juice from the pulp.

they look like this

Hi are there really heath food stores in Thailand? Well none in Phuket. Do you konw where I could buy a juicer like that in Thailand? Would be great to experiment with other herbs etc..\\

Thank you very much for your post and info!

• 3 months later...

Try this Thai company, Wheatgrass Bangkok. Google it.

I purchased their plastic hand crank juicer for THB 1,500 and I am surprisingly happy with it. I would recommend it but go for a stainless steel if you can find one.

I recommend a hand crank juicer over an electric juicer unless you are doing tons of juicing every day.

I have been buying my wheatgrass flats and packages from Wheatgrass Bangkok but feel its a bit overpriced. I am trying to find a source of wheatberry, the seeds for wheatgrass so that I can grow it on my own. Very easy and worth the little effort if you are juicing everyday.

Please PM me if you know of a source in Thailand for wheatberry, the seeds to grow wheatgrass.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the info guys,

+1 on" Bangkok wheatgrass"

I used to juice in the UK and bought a very expensive masticating machine there, top quality and really heavy so have not been able to bring it over easily in checked in luggage permanently.

So the hand cranking unit sounds like a good alternative for 1500 baht

Since moving here full time have really missed my wheatgrass shots. They make a big difference to my energy levels and general well being.

Very happy to have found these guys, prices seem reasonable, if you consider from a 100mg pack you will get 3 x 30cc shots , so at 90 baht = 30 baht a shot