New Fast Food Stand At Carrefour

aussiechick

Has anyone else on here tried the new Mr Bun?

Couldn't decide what to eat yesterday so stopped at the stand - smelled good, looked interesting. I decided to try 1 Mexican bun and I Italian bun. I really need to know why the mexican bun has that name - was just a hollow bun; the Italian turnover - flatter than a envolope and a third of the size had some tomato paste herb filling. I also had a raisin stick and a choc chip stick - passable.

I can say I have tried it and will not be in a rush to do it again. If anyone has tried one of the other "buns" and thought it was good please let me know.

Mr Bun has been around for a while. Some of their buns, (sweet ones), are delicious. The problem for me is the smell of the cooking. Great for the first 30 seconds then seems to be really sickly and makes me want to leave.

I remember them having a stand on the 4th floor of RoyalGarden about three years ago. I think it lasted one month.

I noticed that on opening day in CF, business was robust. Who knows how long it will last. I agree with the OP, I have no reason to ever have another one.

For breads, I think for 35 baht, the giant cinammon bun (enough for two people) for sale in the basement of Central-Beach Road, at St. Tolent or something like that, is the best buy in town.