London Vs Provincial To Bkk

ged

Is there a reason why Etihad fares for next Jan -Feb are over 700GBP from Manchester and only 389gbp (Etihad website) from Heathrow?

I think Etihad are better than Emirates for comfort and service but not by 225gbp which is the Emirates price from Man at the same time.

Looks like it is back to Emirates for us poor people. :)

PS, saying that, I just returned frm LOS on Emirates ( my wife had to use her airmiles up) we got upgraded on the way out on the A380 , My God , that is the way to travel, it was amazing the best business class I have been in by a long long way.

Brilliant service, the food was mouthwatering , the seats amazing.

Then on the return, in Economy, first leg food (breakfast) was omelette or noodles the worst food I have tasted on any airline I have flown, second leg ,egg roll (breakfast) the same meal more or less as the first leg ,was disgusting.

You get what you pay for I suppose but this London / Manchester price difference is ridiculous.

Yep Agreed... I don't get it either.

I was looking at business class: B144,000 to Manchester Vs B84,000 to Heathrow (but I had to be a little bit flexible with dates).

The best price I saw with Emirates are B122,000.

The Best Price in total was Gulf B79,000 after tax. I believe Qatar Airlines to be well priced but their delays between flights do not make them worth while to Manchester.

If Emirates can guarantee the A380 to Birmingham - then that would snatch if for my girlfriend and I.

So, its Etihad to LHR then pay the excess fare (£2.50 per mile) above 100 miles for the complimentary taxi (usually an S-Class Merc).

Is there a reason why Etihad fares for next Jan -Feb are over 700GBP from Manchester and only 389gbp (Etihad website) from Heathrow?

I think Etihad are better than Emirates for comfort and service but not by 225gbp which is the Emirates price from Man at the same time.

Looks like it is back to Emirates for us poor people. :)

PS, saying that, I just returned frm LOS on Emirates ( my wife had to use her airmiles up) we got upgraded on the way out on the A380 , My God , that is the way to travel, it was amazing the best business class I have been in by a long long way.

Then on the return, in Economy, first leg food (breakfast) was omelette or noodles the worst food I have tasted on any airline I have flown, second leg ,egg roll (breakfast) the same meal more or less as the first leg ,was disgusting.

You get what you pay for I suppose but this London / Manchester price difference is ridiculous.

Without checking for myself you have almost certainly made a mistake somewhere and are not comparing apples and apples - same class, same dates for both legs of the trip?

Looks like it is back to Emirates for us poor people. :D

Without checking for myself you have almost certainly made a mistake somewhere and are not comparing apples and apples - same class, same dates for both legs of the trip?

I double, triple checked and the numbers are correct at the time I posted, unfortunately :)

it's not something to do with etihad having recently ploughed millions into manchester city fc is it?

I have been a long suffering City supporter for many years and now their sponsors want to charge me double :)

I might just dump Etihad and Emirates, i just found a flight with Jet for 357GBP from LHR, I have to get the train from Manchester It takes 3 hrs 20 mins to Heathrow 30 GBP, so all in £387.

When it comes to flights you southern jessies are laughing. :)