Competent Lawyer For Usufruct

maesai

I will be giving my Thai partner funds to buy a piece of vacant land. I would like to find a lawyer in Chiang Mai to assist with drafting a usufruct agreement and dealing with the land department to help insure I can continue to have use of the property in the event we have a falling out.

If anyone can recommend a lawyer that is honest and competent in these matters and charges a fair fee, I would very much appreciate it.

Thank you.

I will be giving my Thai partner funds to buy a piece of vacant land. I would like to find a lawyer in Chiang Mai to assist with drafting a usufruct agreement and dealing with the land department to help insure I can continue to have use of the property in the event we have a falling out.

If anyone can recommend a lawyer that is honest and competent in these matters and charges a fair fee, I would very much appreciate it.

Thank you.

I believe there is a list of lawyers pinned in this section and in there you should find Akarawath whom I would recommend.

Thank you.

I believe there is a list of lawyers pinned in this section and in there you should find Akarawath whom I would recommend.

Thank you.

Hi,

I've used a guy called Tom, he's Thai, speaks excellent English and has done this sort of work for me and has produced a will. Last mobile I have is 085031789.

Thank you.

Hi,

I've used a guy called Tom, he's Thai, speaks excellent English and has done this sort of work for me and has produced a will. Last mobile I have is 085031789.

He is not a qualified lawyer.

OP, be careful. This is Thaialnd

Thank you.

you don't need any lawyer at all. walk into the land office with your friend and tell them you want the 'si the gan gap chewit' or whatever its called added to the title. you have to do it at the time of transfer of the land, it can't be added later. i wrote all about this in my book and have it on my land.

steve

you don't need any lawyer at all. walk into the land office with your friend and tell them you want the 'si the gan gap chewit' or whatever its called added to the title. you have to do it at the time of transfer of the land, it can't be added later. i wrote all about this in my book and have it on my land.

steve

I have heard that some land departments are not familiar with usufructs for foreigners. We will likely be dealing with the Hang Chat office, which is pretty rinky-dink. I feel it would be good to have an attorney there representing my interests when the title is transfered. Just to be sure all is done as I intended.

you have to do it at the time of transfer of the land, it can't be added later. i wrote all about this in my book and have it on my land. quote]

Why do you say it can not be done later, after the transfer of the title. I have never heard or seen a single posting saying a usufruct can only be implemented concurrent with the sale of a property. That says that a Thai can "sell the use" (i.e., add a usufruct) on land that he/she owns. To my simple mind, it seems like, legally, an entirely separate transaction, just like signing a lease.

Thank you.

steve

I used Sumalee Jennapa - I won't discuss fees.

I had my usufruct completed without any problem at CM Amphur 10 months after buying the land in my wifes name and after the house was finished. I received the usufruct certificate and my name was also added to the land title deed.