Uk Tv Friday 01/04/2005

niagarekoja

I just thought people may like to know. a report on the aftermath of the tsunami was shown on uk tv tonight (friday)

Showing Patong Koa Lak, and phi phi.

Generally this was positive reporting.Including the fact that Phuket did not suffer as much as some people had being led to believe. And what damage had been done was quickly being cleaned up!

Someone,Farang,I missed his name was interviewed from the phuket gazette.Encouraging visitors to return to the island.Some nice shots of the clean beaches were shown.And all the reconstruction work going on in kao lak and phi phi.A number of visitors were interviewed giving positive opinions reguarding tourism..

About time I say :D:D:o

Yeh I saw it, all looked very good...although in Koa Lak and Phi Phi I think their asking a bit much for mass tourism to come back when the majority of it looked like a bomb had hit it...investment will be needed to rebuild it from other sources before money from tourism can be counted on, apart from the people they showed who were there for a sort of "working holiday" helping clean up. Phuket looked fine though.