Wheres The Rain

ESB7

One thing that attracted me to this area was the climate and infrastructure to cope with the rain, unlike Samiui and Phuket...but where is the rain this year...its too hot and cant do anything...everything so dry......will it come this week....last year at this time was quite wet

I've just come back from a few weeks in Japan & over there, it was grey skies & COLD! :)

Therefore, forgive me if I hope the blue skies & warm sunshine remain at least a little longer in HH. Yes, Prachuap Khirikhan is one of the driest provinces, one reason I settled here, & if the rainy season is indeed over, I for one will be VERY happy! The rainy season here is quite long enough so let it fade into the sunset. I grew up in southern Africa, where a blue sky is considered normal, unlike the UK! Shine on, Mr Sunshine! :D

One thing that attracted me to this area was the climate and infrastructure to cope with the rain, unlike Samiui and Phuket...but where is the rain this year...its too hot and cant do anything...everything so dry......will it come this week....last year at this time was quite wet

I live hua hin and until last weekend it was raining everyday. The rainy season generally finishes at the end of October given a few days here and there and the cool season begins in December.

It's blowing like hel_l here now.

Doesn't look like it will be ideal weather for Loy Kratong parties this year.

It was so windy that we could not keep our candles lit last night so floated our kratongs with only the incense burning. Otherwise, I like the wind though as it cools things down a bit.

We may get a last dump of rain because of tropical storm Mirinae, but generally November is the start of the dry season. Some years (since 2004) I don't remember it raining at all from November to April, but then there was one (2006 I think) really wet December so as with everywhere else it's difficult to predict exact weather trends.