Atm 150 Baht Fee

twix38

Aeon is the last Bank not charging. The bank is located at Tesco Pattaya Thai. I wouldn't use a machine not located at a bank for the main reason if your card gets stuck in the machine. I would be looking at other options as the Aeon free ATMs will not last long.

Barry

Are you talking about Tesco Lotus at Teprasit/Sukhumvit?

Do Aeon have an actual branch there?

I've only seen the Bangkok Bank branch at Tesco Lotus.

Aeon is the last Bank not charging. The bank is located at Tesco Pattaya Thai. I wouldn't use a machine not located at a bank for the main reason if your card gets stuck in the machine. I would be looking at other options as the Aeon free ATMs will not last long.

Barry

another half empty glass

how many times has your ATM card got stuck?

its been over 6 months now since the other banks started charging and Aeon is still free

celebrate that

Barry

Barry is wrong, the Aeon bank is at the branch of Tesco Lotus on Pattaya Nua NOT Pattaya Thai

there is no Tesco Lotus on Pattaya Thai, the address is Sukhumvit road for the south Pattaya Tesco branch

if you enter the Tesco building from the open carpark at the rear where they park motorcycles securely

trun left and its at the end on the right opposite the big newsagents on the left

big purple signs will declare AEON

the actual ATM machine is a huge floor standing version, there are two of them

it will deliver 40,000 baht in one go if your bank allows

i hope that helps

Barry

Barry is wrong, the Aeon bank is at the branch of Tesco Lotus on Pattaya Nua NOT Pattaya Thai

there is no Tesco Lotus on Pattaya Thai, the address is Sukhumvit road for the south Pattaya Tesco branch

if you enter the Tesco building from the open carpark at the rear where they park motorcycles securely

trun left and its at the end on the right opposite the big newsagents on the left

i hope that helps

Thanks timekeeper, that pinpoints the north Pattaya Aeon ATM/branch.

Supposedly the central Aeon ATM is somewhere inside Carrefour?

Barry

i hope that helps

Thanks timekeeper, that pinpoints the north Pattaya Aeon ATM/branch.

Supposedly the central Aeon ATM is somewhere inside Carrefour?

if you are familiar with the layout of the Carrefore building, its on the ground floor, at the back, on the left wall of the corridor that runs between MK and KFC and leads to the ladies and gents toilets

its opposite the public advertising boards situated on the right of the corridor

its a standard wall mounted ATM and will deliver only 20,000 (20 notes) in each transaction but with no fee of course

i hope that helps

if you are familiar with the layout of the Carrefore building, its on the ground floor, at the back, on the left wall of the corridor that runs between MK and KFC and leads to the ladies and gents toilets

its opposite the public advertising boards situated on the right of the corridor

its a standard wall mounted ATM and will deliver only 20,000 (20 notes) in each transaction but with no fee of course

i hope that helps

Helps a lot, excellent description. Thanks again timekeeper!

Barry

i hope that helps

Thanks Timekeeper. That's good information. Especially about the machine being able to dispense 40,000 in one hit.

If I could find other machines, even with the 150 baht fee, which can dispense 40,000 per hit, I wouldn't be concerned about the fee. Do you know of any other machines around Pattaya able to dispense such amounts?

Last year December I was using my Nationwide card-Flex Account.

No charge whatsoever by Nationwide....

I too have a Flex Account card.

But unfortunately you will be charged the 150 baht by the ATM - not Nationwide.

Barry

i hope that helps

Thanks Timekeeper. That's good information. Especially about the machine being able to dispense 40,000 in one hit.

If I could find other machines, even with the 150 baht fee, which can dispense 40,000 per hit, I wouldn't be concerned about the fee. Do you know of any other machines around Pattaya able to dispense such amounts?

the next biggest in dispense terms is UOB (United Overseas Bank) which will dispense 30 notes in one transaction

unfortunately they now charge the 150 fee but to their credit did hold out until September 1st before implementing it

they have free standing machines in the Avenue on the right hand side on the way into the Villa supermarket, also in Tops close to the money exchange and a Bank Branch on 2nd road close to Pattayaland 2

i hope that helps

Hi All,

I know I am based in Khon Kaen and not Pattaya, but after withdrawing again successfully from a KK Aeon ATM without a fee, I looked carefully at my receipt slip.

(I assume all Aeon ATMs do the same as here in KK): Please be warned that Aeon quotes your complete card number on the receipt slip, so it needs to be destroyed fully so as not to risk the info getting into hands of those who may be capable of exploiting that info.

All ATM slips I get from other Thai banks (as far as I have noticed) only quote a limited section of my card (last 4 commonly) for my personal identification of which card I used.

Regards

Dave

Hi All,

I know I am based in Khon Kaen and not Pattaya, but after withdrawing again successfully from a KK Aeon ATM without a fee, I looked carefully at my receipt slip.

(I assume all Aeon ATMs do the same as here in KK): Please be warned that Aeon quotes your complete card number on the receipt slip, so it needs to be destroyed fully so as not to risk the info getting into hands of those who may be capable of exploiting that info.

All ATM slips I get from other Thai banks (as far as I have noticed) only quote a limited section of my card (last 4 commonly) for my personal identification of which card I used.

Regards

Dave

thanks for taking the time to publicise that information Dave

i had not noticed that, i will have a look next time i draw money from Aeon

cheers mate!

the next biggest in dispense terms is UOB (United Overseas Bank) which will dispense 30 notes in one transaction

unfortunately they now charge the 150 fee but to their credit did hold out until September 1st before implementing it

they have free standing machines in the Avenue on the right hand side on the way into the Villa supermarket, also in Tops close to the money exchange and a Bank Branch on 2nd road close to Pattayaland 2

i hope that helps

Thanks. That helps a lot.

............. Please be warned that Aeon quotes your complete card number on the receipt slip......

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxx

I have a Golden Master Card, and AEON do not quote the three last digit codes, which are the security code, on the receipt slip.

............. Please be warned that Aeon quotes your complete card number on the receipt slip......

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxx

I have a Golden Master Card, and AEON do not quote the three last digit codes, which are the security code, on the receipt slip.

Hi Luckyluke :)

That's good news.

My card is a UK based Nationwide VISA based Debit Card, so I cannot speak for any other card or those based upon Master Card.

The security 3 digit code on NW Debit Cards is printed (not embossed) on the back of the card (next to the signature band) and that is NOT quoted on the Aeon receipt. I would be horrified if it was.

What is printed on my last 2 Aeon slips is my NW Debit Card's (embossed on the front) 16 digits grouped in 4s.

The Aeon slip shows the 16 numbers without the spaces and with the inclusion of a few leading zeros.

Regards

Dave

If someone has my card number, how can they use it? I need four things to use my card online: 1: card number 2: expiry date 3: 3 digit security code 4: billing address.

Even then, some sites will require a verified by visa password.

This is a serious question. What is the risk?

• 1 month later...

Sorry for this double post (which I also posted in another topic thread entitled, "Fee free ATMs in Jomtien (and Pattaya)"), but there were some messages in this thread particular to Jomtien/Pattaya and I just wanted people to know:

The AEON ATM in Carrefour was 'out of service' today . I then went to the one at Homeworks (near Big C) on Suhkamvit and it was working fine.

• 1 month later...
why all the fuss?

just boycott the ATM's that charge 150baht, use Aeon ATM's and get 40 notes (40,000 baht) in one transaction for no fee and theres no waiting in banks for hours while the staff try look busy......

The trouble with your argument is that its the "10 green bottles syndrome"

Aeon is (are?) the last bank to be 100% sure of not charging this 150THB fee.....AT THE MOMENT.

Give them a few weeks/months running round topping the ATMs up daily, or even twice or 3 times daily (and at some extra cost to them too, don't forget) and THEN see if that policy of not charging changes.

Also, its OK saying boycott the ATMs that charge. What happens if there is no Aeon ATM within a viable distance from where you are?

We will soon be down to keeping our money in a sock and hiding it under the mattress

THAT'S why there is "all the fuss" i should imagine

Penkoprod

Penkoprod

its now 10 months since the ATM fee was introduced and AEON is still free

ready for a slice of humble pie?

Whatever happened to the GSB?

They used to be fee-free because they were not a member of the Thai Banking Group that introduced the charges.

They used to work fee-free fine then began to reject foreign VISA cards.

So I've not bothered since, because Ayyuthaya Bank is fee-free for UK VISA card holders.

I was absolutely amazed when I yesterday made a withdrawl at a Krung Sri ATM on Soi VC. For the nitpickers, the ATM at the Family Mart at the eastern end.

No charge at all!

I checked my bank account and I've only been debited the amount paid out, at the same exchange rate as Krung Sri's parent bank Ayudayah! Amazing Thailand!

I'll try again at a normal Ayudayah machine tomorrow, to try to ascertain if this only applies to Krung Sri or also Ayudayah, and of course try a different Krung Sri ATM to get an idea if this is a policy change or just the one machine.

The card I used was a normal VISA debit card.

i hope that helps

More wrong info. I routinely withdraw 33,000 THB (33 X 1,000 bills) from this machine and am only limited by my own bank's $1,000 USD per day limit, just like the counter method at SCB, they will give me up to 200,000 THB daily, if only my US Bank would allow that much

Also people stop calling Aeon a bank, it is not a bank but is a credit card company that operates ATM machines throughout Thailand primarily to serve it's credit card customers but luckily for us dispenses FEE FREE cash for those using Foreign Bank ATM cards

i hope that helps

More wrong info. I routinely withdraw 33,000 THB (33 X 1,000 bills) from this machine and am only limited by my own bank's $1,000 USD per day limit, just like the counter method at SCB, they will give me up to 200,000 THB daily, if only my US Bank would allow that much

Also people stop calling Aeon a bank, it is not a bank but is a credit card company that operates ATM machines throughout Thailand primarily to serve it's credit card customers but luckily for us dispenses FEE FREE cash for those using Foreign Bank ATM cards

will deliver only 20,000 (20 notes)

it was correct info at the time (last october)

if you care to read the whole thread the machine was upgraded at a later date to deliver 40,000 baht in one go if your bank will allow it

mine will and i frequently draw 40 notes

you are very much a latecomer to this issue so draw your neck in........