Creating Web Pages On Linux

Haydn

I am fed up to the teeth with Microsoft and windows

I am consideing Linux BUT I creat web pages -- I use HTML which I think would be ok but one big web page I have to creat for was originally created in Front Page and Must stay in that format despite my protests. I also use Dream weaver.

Is anyone else doing this type of work on Linux and is it ok -- in which case which Linux program would it be best to instal

There are few software around that I know of: OOWEB and NVU , But I am aure there are more, you have look around and try,

you can use PHP but must install MYSQL and APACHE web server , and if you really in to it, use NETBEANS for JAVA and ECLIPSE for JAVA C C++ PHP etc .

You can install most of these on Opensuse and Debian/UBUTUN etc

I am fed up to the teeth with Microsoft and windows

I am consideing Linux BUT I creat web pages -- I use HTML which I think would be ok but one big web page I have to creat for was originally created in Front Page and Must stay in that format despite my protests. I also use Dream weaver.

Is anyone else doing this type of work on Linux and is it ok -- in which case which Linux program would it be best to instal

I think most of these days servers are linux based so if you do something direct serverside you're already dealing with linux software, sure the editors are another story but i think nvu has a good product which has a light version called Kompozer too. I am not an advanced webbuilder and found the wysiwyg editors work fine for me. My last website was actually done with templates and turned out to be fairly good ....

mbox