Does Wearing A Wedding Ring Attract Women?

DocStrangelove

Since I started wearing a wedding ring, I have noticed an increase in interest from Thai women. It is strange to me, as, I would have expected the opposite. I have, in the past, heard the saying that women are more attracted to married men than single men but I always thought it was an old wives tale.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might be that they want to be able to practice flirting with a Westerner knowing that there is some kind of safety net. Ie: Less worry of leading a man on.

Edit: this can actually happen in the west too (i mean approachability rather than flirting though, which may also be the case in Thailand, rather than flirting). When a man is obviously available, a woman is usually more wary. However, a man with a wedding band can be approached and chatted because that band signifies he is taken, so its harmless (not leading him on). Maybe its out and out flirting, I dont know of course. But might just be that woman find you less of a threat (or safer) because of the band, and this is perceived as women being more "interested"?

Edited by eek

Since I started wearing a wedding ring, I have noticed an increase in interest from Thai women. It is strange to me, as, I would have expected the opposite. I have, in the past, heard the saying that women are more attracted to married men than single men but I always thought it was an old wives tale.

Ring or no ring no difference :)

Money yes no money no :D

Geez what a cynical lot.

If a Thai woman is cute with a guy in a wedding band, its because of the gold, thus shes on the make. If a Thai woman has more than one phone, shes on the make. If a Thai woman.. *insert any number of things* ..shes on the make...

Ok sorry, a bit extreme maybe, but sometimes i end up scratching my head when i read this stuff.

Let's just say that when my farang husband (I'm farang) started screw...ing a Thai woman, she immediately started BOASTING about it to her friends and acquaintances (that was how I eventually found out!). There are SOME Thai women out there who feel proud of being with a married farang man.

It's not just an old wives tale.

Several reasons.

If a woman (who is married) wants to have an affair with someone she likes is who is married, neither can blackmail the others husband/wife without out of risk of the same thing happening to them. Kind of like MAD (mutually assured destruction) but on a marital level.

It can also be due to some women reckoning on the good ones being already taken / married, they'll be a good catch in that case for themselves.

Edited by JimsKnight

Might be that they want to be able to practice flirting with a Westerner knowing that there is some kind of safety net. Ie: Less worry of leading a man on.

Edit: this can actually happen in the west too (i mean approachability rather than flirting though, which may also be the case in Thailand, rather than flirting). When a man is obviously available, a woman is usually more wary. However, a man with a wedding band can be approached and chatted because that band signifies he is taken, so its harmless (not leading him on). Maybe its out and out flirting, I dont know of course. But might just be that woman find you less of a threat (or safer) because of the band, and this is perceived as women being more "interested"?

Some might call the less harmless aspect of such behaviour something else. Like Pr*ck teasing? :)

Some might call the less harmless aspect of such behaviour something else. Like Pr*ck teasing? :)

I guess it depends on what a woman is doing. "Increase in interest" is a bit subjective.

Yes, but to BOAST about it is not subjective - it implies something else.

Some may have heard that married men are not as demanding in the sack. Get down to business, so they can get home without being missed. Less wear and tear, with greater financial reward.

So you're the one telling everyone this!

Uber chat-up line you got there :)

We aim to please but sometimes our aim is a bit off. Looks like we hit the target this time.

Edited by villagefarang

Some may have heard that married men are not as demanding in the sack. Get down to business, so they can get home without being missed. Less wear and tear, with greater financial reward.

Hardly the point though - they can get any pissed man (and most are!) with the same ideology. :D Plus - single men won't be missed - as nobody's concerned. In short, a rubbish argument.

Hardly the point though - they can get any pissed man (and most are!) with the same ideology. :D Plus - single men won't be missed - as nobody's concerned. In short, a rubbish argument.

Okay, maybe they just do it to piss-off the wife.

Okay, maybe they just do it to piss-off the wife.

Did you bother reading my previous posts? No - they do it cos they're proud to tell everyone they even vaguely know how they've attracted this farang male! The fact that he's married makes them feel even more proud!

More 'attraction' with the wedding band (plain jane platinum). But attraction as other married and single gals wanting to have steamy affairs, I don't think so. More like less guarded, being more touchy, more willing to approach. It's like a little 'approved by at least one other woman as trustworthy' ribbon.

:)

Did you bother reading my previous posts? No - they do it cos they're proud to tell everyone they even vaguely know how they've attracted this farang male! The fact that he's married makes them feel even more proud!

And perhaps one reason they are so proud is because they put one over on you (the farang woof). It may have little to do with him. It just feels good to piss-off the wife and watch her squirm. You seem to be generalizing based on your unique situation. Likely there are as many answers as there are wayward husbands.

No - they do it cos they're proud to tell everyone they even vaguely know how they've attracted this farang male! The fact that he's married makes them feel even more proud!

Have to agree with this one. Single Thai girl sees another Thai girl with farang husband. If she can get some of his attention, however brief, she would consider it a victory over the married girl. It's very childish but also very real. I noticed it a lot more when i lived in Issan compared to where I live now. (But i'm also older and uglier now with a smaller wallet :) )

No - they do it cos they're proud to tell everyone they even vaguely know how they've attracted this farang male! The fact that he's married makes them feel even more proud!

Have to agree with this one. Single Thai girl sees another Thai girl with farang husband. If she can get some of his attention, however brief, she would consider it a victory over the married girl. It's very childish but also very real. I noticed it a lot more when i lived in Issan compared to where I live now. (But i'm also older and uglier now with a smaller wallet :D )

Again, let's be honest - the women who think this way pretty much ALL come from Isaan! No idea what's going through their heads (not a lot I imagine), but its obviously got nothing to do with 'morality' in any way, sense or form. For them, it all centres around money - yeuch. :)

Some bad women out there who prey on married men testing their fidelity and I'd say that if a mans tempted to have a bit on the side it's the woman who has the power to control the relationship they have or destroy the relationship with the mans wife, the man can't really complain though if this does happen as he was cheating on the wife in the first place... :D

So yeah it might be a bit of an old wives tale, the wife divorced for infedelity so is no longer the wife. :)

Edited by MB1

Some bad women out there who prey on married men testing their fidelity and I'd say that if a mans tempted to have a bit on the side it's the woman who has the power to control the relationship they have or destroy the relationship with the mans wife, the man can't really complain though if this does happen as he was cheating on the wife in the first place... :D

So yeah it might be a bit of an old wives tale, the wife divorced for infedelity so is no longer the wife. :)

Not entirely sure I understand what you're saying - but, they're not 'testing their fidelity' - they're out to get anything they possibly can - if he's married it gives them even more 'street cred'! And once the marriage is destroyed, its not the man who's complaining generally, he's got his Thai ummm g/f, its his long-standing farang wife who's more than a bit pissed off about what's happened! :D

Interesting topic, and I think eek made a good point... but. There are many women who like to "collect" men just to add to their trophy list. An already married man is a bigger trophy, unless his marriage is already on the rocks. There are lots of groupie women who hang around celebrities for the same reason.

I do know one thing, though, any woman who has a nice husband who treats her well in bed had better not advertise it to her so called "friends". There are more than enough women who take that as a challenge. Men are a bit weak when it comes to preying women, and too often think out of their little head. All it takes is a few marital problems at home and he is a target for preying women.

On a similar vein I've seen women go after the so called "bad guys" when they SHOULD know better. I've known hundreds of women who went after handsome casanovas who treated their women like something off a shelf... something to be used and tossed away. Then, when the inevitable happened, they would go crying to their friends saying what a bastard the guy was. They knew that before they chose to go after the guy, but they did it anyway.

Interesting topic, and I think eek made a good point... but. There are many women who like to "collect" men just to add to their trophy list. An already married man is a bigger trophy, unless his marriage is already on the rocks. There are lots of groupie women who hang around celebrities for the same reason.

I do know one thing, though, any woman who has a nice husband who treats her well in bed had better not advertise it to her so called "friends". There are more than enough women who take that as a challenge. Men are a bit weak when it comes to preying women, and too often think out of their little head. All it takes is a few marital problems at home and he is a target for preying women.

On a similar vein I've seen women go after the so called "bad guys" when they SHOULD know better. I've known hundreds of women who went after handsome casanovas who treated their women like something off a shelf... something to be used and tossed away. Then, when the inevitable happened, they would go crying to their friends saying what a bastard the guy was. They knew that before they chose to go after the guy, but they did it anyway.

Are you missing this point of this thread deliberately?? It's about the women here who think getting a married farang is something to be proud of! (Excuse the grammar) Its horrible, but true - Thai women don't feel embarrassed about it - they feel proud!!

Are you missing this point of this thread deliberately?? It's about the women here who think getting a married farang is something to be proud of! (Excuse the grammar) Its horrible, but true - Thai women don't feel embarrassed about it - they feel proud!!

I'm not missing the point at all. The OP clearly states that men wearing wedding bands SEEM to garner more interest from Thai women. I don't think Thai women are much different than women the world over. I think eek had a good point in stating that are married man might be easier to approach without the "threat" of any long term commitment or possible relationship they might not want.

The Thai women who go after farang husbands are no different than women anywhere who do the same thing. It is a game for some women... and not a particularly nice one. But, as an aside, if women spent more time taking care of their husbands then there would be fewer husbands who strayed. A man who is all worn out isn't likely to be on the make.

I'm not missing the point at all. The OP clearly states that men wearing wedding bands SEEM to garner more interest from Thai women. I don't think Thai women are much different than women the world over. I think eek had a good point in stating that are married man might be easier to approach without the "threat" of any long term commitment or possible relationship they might not want.

The Thai women who go after farang husbands are no different than women anywhere who do the same thing. It is a game for some women... and not a particularly nice one. But, as an aside, if women spent more time taking care of their husbands then there would be fewer husbands who strayed. A man who is all worn out isn't likely to be on the make.

OK, before I go any further forward - I think my previous posts on this thread have provided some indication as to why I think Thai women are PROUD to go for a Western (married) male.

And you seriously think Thai women (or at least those that the majority of farang men meet) are only interested in having an interesting conversation?? Of course they are - after all, as you say " Thai women are much different than women the world over." :D Obviously you're trying to say that women are the same the world over.

Quite right, the world has missed the point entirely - its no easier to find/marry a Thai woman than it is a Western woman - how could the world get it so entirely wrong??

As for your other point - obviously you're quite right - its all the fault of Western females -if only they would concentrate on their husbands instead of thinking they had a life of their own, they wouldn't lose their inadequate husband.... how could I be so blind as to miss this??? :)

Edited by F1fanatic

And are you missing the point F1fanatic, maybe the OP is recently married to a Thai and has just started wearing a wedding ring and seems to receive more attention than before, maybe the OP could have clarified this and maybe he can.?. IMO I don't see where the OP was actually referring specifically to Thai women going after a western man in the hope she could win him from a western woman, but I can see and understand why your debating this thread in the way you are when I read the below post from you.

Let's just say that when my farang husband (I'm farang) started screw...ing a Thai woman, she immediately started BOASTING about it to her friends and acquaintances (that was how I eventually found out!). There are SOME Thai women out there who feel proud of being with a married farang man.

By the way what I was saying in my previous post with regards to testing fidelity was referring to modern relationships, the term can refer to sexual monogamy, so in our western culture this should mean we adhere to our marriage vows and we don't indulge in adultery unless your into something like polomory or have an open marriage where it would be allowable.

Edited by MB1