Topic Subscription Reply Notification

brahmburgers

During the 4 days that my T.Visa account was commandeered by some devious mystery person, he/she apparently enabled "topic subscription reply notification" for several topics.

Now that I gained back control of my account, how do I disable that function?

What I would do is to look at the past few posts in each of the "topic subscription reply notification", it should give you a clue who this devious mystery person is. :)

Click on "My Controls", on the left side under Subscriptions select either "View Topics" or "View Forums" and you can turn off the subscriptions there.

Tks 'Tywais' helpful as always :D

Yours truly,

Kan Win :D

I tried what Tywais suggested, but it didn't work. I'll try again, maybe I didn't do it exactly correctly. It would be easier if there was a toggle type switch which said something like 'do you want reply notification on topics ....yes? .....no?

I've programmed several 'reader response' web pages (cgi script) so I have some idea of the relative ease of doing such things.

Click on "My Controls", on the left side under Subscriptions select either "View Topics" or "View Forums" and you can turn off the subscriptions there.

When I regained my account, it appeared as though the person who had commandeered it had made no posts. I looked at the most recent posts, and they were all ones I had written before the account was bolloxed. It may have been some kid who did it for the challenge of doing it (learning experience?) while hoping the account might lead to some easy money. Can't be too careful now, with so scam artists proliferating like maggots on a dead hippo. A friend told me he just quit Facebook.com because one of his obscure 'friends' had shanghaied his account to send out adverts to hundreds of people.

Maybe he enabled automatic subscriptions to topics. Go to Control Panel > left side "Options" > "email settings". Make sure Enable "email notifications by default" is not selected.

thanks Tywais, that should do it.

Sorry to say, I tried the 2nd recommended fix (above) and it didn't work either.

Apparently, no matter what I do, each time I subsequently post on T.Visa, it automatically registers as a 'subscription' topic for me. It's not a big deal to have to delete emails every day, but it's a bit annoying.

Perhaps a T.Visa webmaster could help me out with this, one on one. I don't mind giving permission for some qualified person to go in to my account to make a change that sticks.