Buying Land In Name Of Thai Charity Then Lease From Them

I read in another thread that it is possible to, say, purchase land and put it in the name of a Thai charity (Buddhist Temple etc.) then lease it from them to build a property, that will then return to them at the end of the (30 year) lease term. Anyone can elaborate on this and is it really feasible? Thanks for any info.

I read in another thread that it is possible to, say, purchase land and put it in the name of a Thai charity (Buddhist Temple etc.) then lease it from them to build a property, that will then return to them at the end of the (30 year) lease term. Anyone can elaborate on this and is it really feasible? Thanks for any info.

I have been told the same thing but would like conformation.

Its the same as putting in any Thai's name and leasing - usual problems apply.

In fact probably more derogatory to be giving to Buddha with only one hand.

I see. Didn't think of that. Wouldn't want to do it if it was to be offensive to the religion.

Much more complicated, very difficult to get registered as a charity in Thailand and any income is taxable so you would I suspect have to pay a lease fee or rent for the land which the charity would then have to declare for tax purposes. Add to that all the legal fees plus annual tax returns and it does not seem so attractive a proposition.

Much more complicated, very difficult to get registered as a charity in Thailand and any income is taxable so you would I suspect have to pay a lease fee or rent for the land which the charity would then have to declare for tax purposes. Add to that all the legal fees plus annual tax returns and it does not seem so attractive a proposition.

Thanks. What I meant though was to purchase land that is put in the name of an existing Thai charity that would then lease it to you to build on.