Welcome To New Members - 2552/2009

Tywais

On behalf of the moderators, admin, and members of ThaiVisa, we wish to welcome all new members to the forum... and hope that you find our forum informative and enjoyable.

gallery_566_203_3434.jpg

This is the Welcome thread for 2552/2009, so post your introduction here.

Looking forward to hearing from our newest members. :o

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

welcome to the forum Surat John

and Happy new year to you and yours :o

Hello Everyone, I am new to the forum...Found it excellent for answering some of my questions about moving to Thailand...I am currently residing in Hong Kong as a British expat, running restaurants - I am a chef.....if anyone can point me in the right direction of somebody who want s to open a bar/restaurant/cafe and is looking for someone to assist, I would be grateful for the lead.....I have my eyes set on Pattaya, and a break from HK would be much needed.

Hi Everybody,

I am new to this forum community and I hope that you all are going to accept me as your new community member. I am the master of Guitar if you have any doubts on guitars you can ask me.

Jeanguitar

Hi Iam new to the forum I go under the name of Dwitch , had a few problems reading posts but after a word to admin all is now fixed.so have made a few posts .

Great forum and happy to be a member :o

Hey everyone!

My name is Jason and....i'm an alcoholic. OK not really but i am new to this whole forum thing. I've been reading this forum for a few months and now i think its time for me to come out of my shell and get krazy.. Just so everyone knows a little about me, i'm kind of a smartmouth but i try to keep it in a fun way. I am from the USA if you couldn't notice from my American english. But i work and live in Iraq for now. I find it interesting to read the way other people talk from other countries. At any rate....the name's Jason or fatboy, pillsbury, azzhole, MadMan, you say it i'll probly respond to it. :o I look forward to shootin the shiz with yall.

Hi I am ChinnyReckon. Originally from the UK but have lived in Oz for the past 6 years.

Now after a couple of trips to Pattaya i am well and truly hooked on Thailand and the ladies there and want to learn more about the place before hopefully going over there to live some day soon.

So I will be hanging around this forum, reading your views and asking advice from time to time if you don't mind.

Cheers!

Hi I'm Justin - I'm a California kid, but I got the travel bug a few years ago, and suddenly home didn't seem so exciting. I first came to Thailand last july after I finished Uni (degree in mechanical engineering). I did an internship in a small village in Udon Thani for two months, and did some traveling for another 1.5 months. A few weeks after I got back to the states, I got a job offer from a contact I made in Bangkok. I'm living in Lad Phrao and working in Chinatown.

I love Bangkok, and I've been exploring the city since I moved here.

Hi everyone,

I have visited LOS twice. First time (Nov 2007) I stayed at BKK for 1 week then Pattaya for 2 weeks.

Last time (Nov 2008) I stayed in Pattaya for 6 weeks (my holiday was extended by 2 weeks due to BKK airport closure)

I'm looking forward to my next trip in April 2009 followed by an extended stay later in the year.

I've already found this website to be extremely informative and helpful - keep up the good work!

Hi all, Khom 77 here-

I've been enjoying reading Thai Visa for so long that I thought it was about time I contributed a little.

It feels good to have finally registered - and looking forward to posting. The site has been a source of great information since I moved back to Thailand, and almost always entertaining otherwise.

Hi all, Khom 77 here-

I've been enjoying reading Thai Visa for so long that I thought it was about time I contributed a little.

It feels good to have finally registered - and looking forward to posting. The site has been a source of great information since I moved back to Thailand, and almost always entertaining otherwise.

Wellcome Khom77'

You will find some very well informed people on TV, either just to read and learn from their postings or to ask any questions, It's a very good site!!

:o:D

On behalf of the moderators, admin, and members of ThaiVisa, we wish to welcome all new members to the forum... and hope that you find our forum informative and enjoyable.

gallery_566_203_3434.jpg

This is the Welcome thread for 2552/2009, so post your introduction here.

Looking forward to hearing from our newest members. :o

Hi, My Name is Mark. I am from and in the U.K. I have not yet visited Thailand but have a friend who has. I would like to learn as much as i can about the people, Customs and hope to visit later this year or early the next year depending on the constraints of my work. I would like to send greetings to all on forum and offer our ex pats a hearty hello and best wishes to all.

Mark

reddog694

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings,

I've taught in Korea for 2 years and wish to come to Thailand this June 25th. I just took a 1 month holiday in Thailand and absolutely loved my 3rd trip there. It was warm, sunny, and everything was blooming such as huge roses and orchids. I only wished service and sales people in tourist areas were more respectful and honest as they're were very rude and tried to scam me by attempting to double charge me for beer and food.

I seek to get more insight into what it's like for you living and teaching in Thailand. Surely it's quite very different than it is for tourists as tourists are more often rudely treated as walking ATM machines. The chaps and touts are what made me nervous in Thailand, but I think if you live and work away from tourist areas, then it's all good. When visiting markets that only locals go to, it was more low keyed and much more respectful. No intimidating tuk tuk drivers and touts. I found the Thai actually behave quite well when you're off the main tourist trail such as KSR in Bangkok or the night market in Chiang Mai. The mainstream tourist route is where it can go from the land of smiles to the land of scams in seconds as a night gets old.

The food is great and you can do things like catch huge catfish in the Bosang fishing park lake East of Chiang Mai. You can get that great quality white boneless meat catfish at 25 baht a kilo for your very own Thai kitchen. All the fresh fruit and veggies and sunshine you could ever want. In Korea, we're paying US4 for a single bell pepper and up to US5 for an apple with such a tiny severly limited selection offered. No good fish is offered, but chicken is king. Luckily I don't have to wear button down shirts, kneck ties, and suits. I wear Dockers, turtle necks, sweaters, and button down shirts in the warm months with no ties.

I look forward to coming to Bosang or Nongkai this Summer. Thank you and have a wonderful weekend.

The Robot