Korean Food In Phuket

helot

Dejanguum (sp), on Bangkok Road. The best Korean bbq place in town. It is in the Jee Teng complex, behind the Esso station. Avoid the other restaurants that cater to Korean tourists, as even my tour guide friends refuse to eat there!

There is another place, a bit hi-so, next to Thai Hua School (near the stadium, Central, etc). Never ate there but Korean expats love the place.

• 4 weeks later...
Dejanguum (sp), on Bangkok Road. The best Korean bbq place in town. It is in the Jee Teng complex, behind the Esso station. Avoid the other restaurants that cater to Korean tourists, as even my tour guide friends refuse to eat there!

There is another place, a bit hi-so, next to Thai Hua School (near the stadium, Central, etc). Never ate there but Korean expats love the place.

Somtamnication, thanks for this one.

Review:

It is in a street with no tourists, the food was authentic Korean, very reasonable priced.

BBQ comes with side dishes, great salad as appetizer, diffferent sauces.

For stews you pay 100-150 baht. No fish though, except the dried ones.

The owner is Korean. The interior is very basic and on a Thursday evening 10 people were eating. I ate so much, I couldn't get enough of it.

We also went to Korean Hut, along the road from Kamala to Patong.

Opinions differ, 2 out of 3 people thought the food was good, I agree but the taste was very 'adjusted'.

Meat looked good though. Kimchi was also ok. Seafood possible. No side dishes with BBQ, side dish Kimchi 80-90 baht, Rice 35 baht, BBQ around 500-600 baht (if I am correct)

On a Saturday evening we were the only guests.

The bill was almost double the bill of Dejanguum. Great seaview and the lettuce was fresher ;-). The restaurant is from a higher standard than Dejanguum, but frankly I didn't enjoy my dinner.

If you have energy, take a ride to Phuket town.

Somtamnication, thanks for this one.

Review:

It is in a street with no tourists, the food was authentic Korean, very reasonable priced.

BBQ comes with side dishes, great salad as appetizer, diffferent sauces.

For stews you pay 100-150 baht. No fish though, except the dried ones.

The owner is Korean. The interior is very basic and on a Thursday evening 10 people were eating. I ate so much, I couldn't get enough of it.

We also went to Korean Hut, along the road from Kamala to Patong.

Opinions differ, 2 out of 3 people thought the food was good, I agree but the taste was very 'adjusted'.

Meat looked good though. Kimchi was also ok. Seafood possible. No side dishes with BBQ, side dish Kimchi 80-90 baht, Rice 35 baht, BBQ around 500-600 baht (if I am correct)

On a Saturday evening we were the only guests.

The bill was almost double the bill of Dejanguum. Great seaview and the lettuce was fresher ;-). The restaurant is from a higher standard than Dejanguum, but frankly I didn't enjoy my dinner.

If you have energy, take a ride to Phuket town.

I was just there and if by 100-150 you mean 180baht for the stews you are correct, but I do agree the appetizer salad was very tasty and the BBQ also, although 500 baht worth of beef ribs didn't really fill me up