Online Banking (scbeasy Vs Ibanking)

Which one do you use? And what are the limitations or advantages/dis of the two?

I have accounts in both Bangkok Bank and Siam Commercial Bank (SCB), and would like to activate internet banking soem time next week.

- I'm looking one that allows transfers to other bank accounts (as I'm constantly doing freelancing business)

- I'm looking to maybe, but not necessary, although it's a plus, to check my balance through my iphone app or browser (as I sometimes need to deal with clients and accepting real-time payments on the go)

If you would like to recommend another bank that boasts a dam_n good internet/mobile banking service, please let me know.... cheers.

Bangkok Bank is probably the best because they seem to have better security, such as emails that confirm when you have logged on (each time). You can add the people that you want to pay to on-screen just by using an SMS one time password which is convenient and you don't have to give out your ATM PIN on the internet which is always a plus. All the things that you want are doable - transfer to other banks in Thailand, sending funds abroad as well, and viewing and doing transactions on a smart phone via browser etc (no additonal sign up or password required).

If you go to any branch and take the passbook of the account(s) that you want linked to internet banking, they'll have you fill out and form and then send the User ID by email and the PIN by postal mail (you need a real address, not just a hotel room). If you're known to one of their staff so much the better. They have an email address for expats with banking hassles, so drop them a note if you have any problems - [email protected]

http://www.bangkokbank.com/online%20bankin...es/default.aspx

I use the online backing at SCB. I find it really easy to use and convenient. My experience with SCB seems to be similar to Aurelius' experience with Banking Bank's internet banking.

I also believe that both systems are iphone friendly. Since both are free to sign up, try both and let us all know which is better from your experience.

I use the online backing at SCB. I find it really easy to use and convenient. My experience with SCB seems to be similar to Aurelius' experience with Banking Bank's internet banking.

I also believe that both systems are iphone friendly. Since both are free to sign up, try both and let us all know which is better from your experience.

Hi thanks for the topic discussion. I have been using Ibanking

through Bangkok Bank for 3 years and my problem is

they do not allow any other browsers and I have Mac with

Firefox and Safari. They said they were getting allot of complaints

from Mac users about not being able to use anything bit

Windows PC's. Does anyone know of a Bank here in Bangkok

that can use Firefox or Safari for their online banking ?

How can I post this question on this forum as a seperate question? I am

sure others wouldike online banking without Microsoft IE?

Thanks for the help!

I have both accounts. Although I have been using SCBeasy for years but have just recently adopted BBL ibanking last week.

Anyway, the main disadvantage I find (from the brief usage) in ibanking is the lack of support on browsers other than Internet Explorer.

SCBeasy used to have that problem but they are slowing fixing it. I can now access it from google chrome and firefox (though some functions such as FUND do not work properly). Other than that I think they offer the same basic services - transfer to other banks, bill payments etc.

I find both Bangkok bank and SCB ok. The password for the Bangkok Bank service got lost in the post the first time, so after waiting for two weeks I had to make a second trip to the branch to fill in a password request form. No problem after that.

For accessing both Bangkok Bank and SCB online banking using Firefox, there is a neat little add-on that allows to open IE websites in a Firefox tab:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1419

I find both Bangkok bank and SCB ok. The password for the Bangkok Bank service got lost in the post the first time, so after waiting for two weeks I had to make a second trip to the branch to fill in a password request form. No problem after that.

For accessing both Bangkok Bank and SCB online banking using Firefox, there is a neat little add-on that allows to open IE websites in a Firefox tab:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1419

Hey thanks for that!

I hate IE & use Firefox except for those two sites.

Appreciated

My understanding is that this reflects the different approaches of the Banks. Bangkok Bank (BBL) wants to ensure that the system is fully tested on each Browser and OS combination before oficially supporting it, otherwise you end up with situations like mentioned where some functions don't work properly. That is not acceptable in a transactional environment. Other banks may take a different approach.

BangkokBank.Com is not transactional and many browsers can be used.

Now that the browser market shares have changed my understanding is that BBL plan for future releases of iBanking (coming soon) to support FireFox, but that requires a full round of testing for each release to make sure there are no functional or security issues. In the interim it is possible (and not unusual) for customers to use a plug-in so their browser can pretend to be IE.

Also, as IE becomes better at supporting "standards" the differences between how the browsers display content is becoming much smaller.

Mobile iBanking (WAP2) supports many many Browser types and devices, but uses a "lowest common demoninator" approach to providing transactional services on mobile devices supporting WAP2. So instead of a DropDown list you will see a list. Make sense?

I have both accounts. Although I have been using SCBeasy for years but have just recently adopted BBL ibanking last week.

Anyway, the main disadvantage I find (from the brief usage) in ibanking is the lack of support on browsers other than Internet Explorer.

SCBeasy used to have that problem but they are slowing fixing it. I can now access it from google chrome and firefox (though some functions such as FUND do not work properly). Other than that I think they offer the same basic services - transfer to other banks, bill payments etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Great info on this topic, however my experience with the Firefox IE add on, it doesn't work with the most important

aspect for Ibanking for me and that is bill payment.

It will allow bill payment function but I cannot change the date of the desired payment to my landlord or anyone else.

The online Banking people say they are trying to deal with all the complaints these last few years

from people like myself who have macs and want to use Firefox or Safari to Bualang Bank.

In any case I just got a little Fujitsu Netbook M2010 with Win 7 starter and it is a nice

little add on to my new mac mini which I use my Sony Bravia 32 connected to both devices, works great.

All the best and hoping though to be able to use other browsers in Bkk Banking at least on Bangkok Bank who

i really like dealing with. Thanks again for all the help on this site and the people that made and keep it running.

My understanding is that this reflects the different approaches of the Banks. Bangkok Bank (BBL) wants to ensure that the system is fully tested on each Browser and OS combination before oficially supporting it, otherwise you end up with situations like mentioned where some functions don't work properly. That is not acceptable in a transactional environment. Other banks may take a different approach.

BangkokBank.Com is not transactional and many browsers can be used.

Now that the browser market shares have changed my understanding is that BBL plan for future releases of iBanking (coming soon) to support FireFox, but that requires a full round of testing for each release to make sure there are no functional or security issues. In the interim it is possible (and not unusual) for customers to use a plug-in so their browser can pretend to be IE.

Also, as IE becomes better at supporting "standards" the differences between how the browsers display content is becoming much smaller.

Mobile iBanking (WAP2) supports many many Browser types and devices, but uses a "lowest common demoninator" approach to providing transactional services on mobile devices supporting WAP2. So instead of a DropDown list you will see a list. Make sense?