Nor Sor Sam Gor

Greetings all. I need some help from the knowledable TV people. I am helping a friend to sell his bungalow on Samui. He is in the UK but his lawyer on Samui has power of attorney. Can someone give me an up to date run down on the difference between a chanote and Nor Sor Sam Gor. The bungalow is registered to a Thai company. Any forseeable problems in selling it ? I don't want to sound like a complete idiot if a buyer asks me :D Hard I know! :) Cheers in advance :D

The chanote and nor sor sam ghor titles are basically the same thing. The only difference is the method used when the land was surveyed.

The title document differs in that the garuda is red for the chanote while it is green for the nor sor sam and nor sor sam ghor titles.

Thanks my friend. I have been told various things by the many bar room lawyers and that has explained it. There should be no problem selling the bungalow along with the company if it is just a differing method of surveying then ? Cheers again Dunc :)

Thanks my friend. I have been told various things by the many bar room lawyers and that has explained it. There should be no problem selling the bungalow along with the company if it is just a differing method of surveying then ? Cheers again Dunc :)

I'm not trying to be difficult, but there was a thread started here not too long ago about someone not being able to buy a property that was currently owned by a Thai company because the land office wanted to have all of the Thai shareholders present. Your friend may run into the same type of problem. I can't remember which land office was referenced in that thread and I don't remember all the details.