Going 'commando'

Ricardo

How Often Do You 'Go Commando'  

94 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Another thread mentioned the practice of wearing no underwear, as a way of feeling cooler round the 'nether-regions', in a humid tropical climate like Thailand's. :)

I wonder how common this is, and also whether some of us might consider trying it for-a-day, possibly as a harmless way to raise money for some deserving-charity ? :D

Another thread mentioned the practice of wearing no underwear, as a way of feeling cooler round the 'nether-regions', in a humid tropical climate like Thailand's. :)

I wonder how common this is, and also whether some of us might consider trying it for-a-day, possibly as a harmless way to raise money for some deserving-charity ? :D

Ricardo: While I appreciate your good intentions, I am not sure what charity would want to get involved with a bunch of farangs with no underwear.

Moreover, can you elaborate on the logistics of such a loosely-fitting initiative? Is it a rating thing - meaning line everyone up and let females judge our 'look'?

Going Commando?? I have always known this practice as "freeballing" and it can be quite pleasant in the hotter climes. After one excruciatingly unpleasant experience, I made sure that I only ever wore button up or elastic waisted shorts when freeballing.

Ricardo: While I appreciate your good intentions, I am not sure what charity would want to get involved with a bunch of farangs with no underwear.

My thought is, if we were to set a national go-commando day, participants might donate a modest sum (say 100B ?) to whatever charity they usually support, nothing too serious, as you had correctly gathered. :)

Mind you, a national farangs-go-commando day to raise money by sponsorship, what an idea ! Boggle Boggle !! :D

Going Commando?? I have always known this practice as "freeballing" and it can be quite pleasant in the hotter climes. After one excruciatingly unpleasant experience, I made sure that I only ever wore button up or elastic waisted shorts when freeballing.

Glad to hear it's not just me and metal zippers - must be a size thing :)

You really should be keeping this information to yourselves - you do realise that it's against the law to go out minus underwear in Thailand do you?

Do you really want to give the BiB ideas of how to extract more cash from farang.

When can we expect to see police underwear checkpoints?

You really should be keeping this information to yourselves - you do realise that it's against the law to go out minus underwear in Thailand do you?

Do you really want to give the BiB ideas of how to extract more cash from farang.

Well if they are gonna start that, may I be the first to suggest Hazmat kits for all of them.

Would the BIB really want to bother about farangs going about without underwear? If they should then perhaps they better check all the monks first, as they never wear undies! Why no mention on these posts of female farangs doing the same.rolleyes.gif

I have to go 'Commando' because I have unusually large testicles and have to coat everything down there with Vaseline in steamy weather. You will recognise me cos I am the one walking with my feet wide apart to keep some ventilation in the region.

Size counts obvioulsy :)

If at home - alone - yeh, cool..........

but if your walking for any length ( no pun ) of time in the heat, with some sweat / dampness....... ur gonna be raw and in pain pretty quick smart with ya eggs and pogo stick scraping past ur thighs.

Edited by skippybangkok

Size counts obvioulsy :D

but if your walking for any length ( no pun ) of time in the heat, with some sweat / dampness....... ur gonna be raw and in pain pretty quick smart with ya eggs and pogo stick scraping past ur thighs.

is that what you tell the Mrs when you get home at 4am Skippy? :)

Size counts obvioulsy :D

Definitely agreed. The wicking properties of cotton keep my nether regions quite comfortable. Without it, I get pretty damp, itchy, then downright raw and painful. (And yeah, I shower once a week whether I need it or not! :D )

You "commando guys" must sit directly in front of the air-con with it blowing up yer kilt all day/night long! :)

But... aren't you commando guys worried about leaks (either front or back)? At least my stains stay in my boxer shorts.

Home alone on a really hot day, I once tried doing my ironing while commando. Have you ever noticed that ironing boards are groin height? I only realized that when the iron slipped and branded my old feller. Never again.

But... aren't you commando guys worried about leaks (either front or back)? At least my stains stay in my boxer shorts.

An observation that bears emphasis. :D

For those going commando, how often to you wash your pants? After all, with your poopie producing region free and clear and sweating away, the pants are bound to be aromatic if not a few steps over from smelling like a meadow of wild flowers. Want to wager that many of these rough and ready guys have issues with gooch odors? I pity the woman that has to live with that.

And remember what your mom used to say, always wear clean underwear as you may end up in a hospital emergency room or in the case of a kid I used to go to school with, a major clothing malfunction. You do not want to be caught out in Thailand with your fragrant posterior exposed.

On the other hand, if some of the ladies wish to go commando, who am I to dictate fashion? I'll just let my Quagmire shine through and await a Lyndsay Lohan or Paris Hilton moment and drool when appropriate. :)

And remember what your mom used to say, always wear clean underwear as you may end up in a hospital emergency room or in the case of a kid I used to go to school with, a major clothing malfunction. You do not want to be caught out in Thailand with your fragrant posterior exposed.

Depends what I'm wearing. Jeans, suit, then undies. Shorts, erm could be dangerous, but no one wears short leg shorts anymore - do they? If not working, and wearing cargos/long shorts, then no undies. At home in my bedroom, then I'm starkers.

Wearing clean pants in case of an accident, when I crash my bike in the UK some 6 years or so back, I had my leathers, shirt and even underpants cut off - so would have made little difference.

As to smell, I shower everytime I'm sticky as well as mornings and before bed - my wife doesn't have to put up with smelly ggolies as someone mentioned, because we both shower before (or during) bed/sex. I use cool powder all over before I get dressed, commando or not, its keeps em cool!

I also change regularly.

Commando at home. I have quite a few of those cheap shorts (99 baht at Big C) and they are washed frequently. At work or going out, then always wearing underwear.

A good washing with a bum-gun keeps the backside clean.