Uk Or Thailand ?

All a Thai needs to do to buy into the Farang Quota is to bring in the funds from outside of Thailand.

And provide a copy of his Farang passport to register ownership.

Good point I am not sure of the mechanics of this aspect. All I know is they are doing this. Dual nationality? Based overseas? Farang partner? We are a diverse bunch on this forum :)

I note the OP has not come back to the thread he started.

Don't worry i'm still here, divulging all your opinions !!

I'm lucky that my investment is liquid cash, sadly though in sterling. I'm just waiting for a real-estate bargain to present itself. I think 2010 may be interesting.

The temporary upward blip in UK house prices defies common sense. Are the banks repeating their dreadful mistakes ?? Also, the UK government's Quantative Easing progam has now printed £200 Billion; i wonder what the future holds ?? Zimbawean style hyper-inflation in 2015 ??

I must agree though, that the yields on some condos in Thailand seem quite attractive when compared to the UK (at the lower end of the market anwyay).

The jury is still out though. I will consider my position next year when the Pattaya-Condo-Dreamers have packed their suitcases and flown home.

TOP forum by the way :)

I note the OP has not come back to the thread he started.

Don't worry i'm still here, divulging all your opinions !!

I'm lucky that my investment is liquid cash, sadly though in sterling. I'm just waiting for a real-estate bargain to present itself. I think 2010 may be interesting.

The temporary upward blip in UK house prices defies common sense. Are the banks repeating their dreadful mistakes ?? Also, the UK government's Quantative Easing progam has now printed £200 Billion; i wonder what the future holds ?? Zimbawean style hyper-inflation in 2015 ??

I must agree though, that the yields on some condos in Thailand seem quite attractive when compared to the UK (at the lower end of the market anwyay).

The jury is still out though. I will consider my position next year when the Pattaya-Condo-Dreamers have packed their suitcases and flown home.

TOP forum by the way :)

Well played - I have a feeling we will be seeing you on the forum in the future - welcome - PKRV

PS check on irene and cmsally posts for rental stuff - IMO good posters on this topic.

Edited by pkrv

I just thought it was a simple 51%-50% split

RAZZ

Which is 101%...oops :D

Back on topic. Just out of interest is the "saleable space" of a condo designated in any way or is it just first-come-first-served ?

RAZZ

I assure you I did not notice :) first-come-first-served :D this is a sale, that really sums it up. Though you need to be on the launch invite list to get the 'cream'. I was not there fo my condo BTW

But it sort of looks like fun take a look at this.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.p...2189&page=5

I am pretty sure it was a power ranger too :D

Edited by pkrv

I dont like condos anywhere ,but esp in Thailand , as long term assets. If you want or need to live in a condo you are better off renting ,in my opinion. If I had to own a property I would always want to own a house with the land or at least a share of the freehold in a very limited scale developement (say in a converted house).

I dont particularly like the residential property market in either country in the short to medium term, i think there will be better opportunities in three or four years time.

Though there are many things I dont like about my "old" country, as a non -Thai ,I would always prefer to buy in the UK because I CAN own land there which I cant here. Also in the long-term the UK has a much tougher planning and enviromental regime which gets enforced. There are other factors which would favour Thailand but on balance over the long-term I would favour the UK.

Ditto.

RENT a condo.

BUY land (with or without property sat upon it).

Unless it's as a buy to let exercise, in which case as long as you're realising your outgoings from your income you'll rarely lose.

Edited by SebD

I dont like condos anywhere ,but esp in Thailand , as long term assets. If you want or need to live in a condo you are better off renting ,in my opinion. If I had to own a property I would always want to own a house with the land or at least a share of the freehold in a very limited scale developement (say in a converted house).

I dont particularly like the residential property market in either country in the short to medium term, i think there will be better opportunities in three or four years time.

Though there are many things I dont like about my "old" country, as a non -Thai ,I would always prefer to buy in the UK because I CAN own land there which I cant here. Also in the long-term the UK has a much tougher planning and enviromental regime which gets enforced. There are other factors which would favour Thailand but on balance over the long-term I would favour the UK.

Ditto.

RENT a condo.

BUY land (with or without property sat upon it).

Unless it's as a buy to let exercise, in which case as long as you're realising your outgoings from your income you'll rarely lose.

Just to clarify - You are not talking about buying land/houses in Thailand are you?

there is a shortful of houses in london, the house prices in london will not drop anymore because there is a demand for property. phuket and parts of thailand do not have that same demand at the moment, the bottom line is people will always need somewhere to live. its just a matter off time before they come too you.

there is a shortful of houses in london, the house prices in london will not drop anymore because there is a demand for property. phuket and parts of thailand do not have that same demand at the moment, the bottom line is people will always need somewhere to live. its just a matter off time before they come too you.

I too noticed the same thing. I am considering applying for an OA multi entry visa, mostly to see how this is done, and to add weight to my application had my flat valued. There are no properties for sale in my area and a week after the valuation I had a phone call saying if I wished to sell they had two buyers lined up.

Just to be clear buying a condo in Thailand is relativly straight forward. You can own freehold and in your own name(s). Land/House however is a whole different ballgame. If you wish to go down this route I would recommend heavy duty research on this forum. IMO a good poster is donx, check out his past posts. Realistically though you need a Thai partner to even begin to consider this approach (though there are exceptions).

Edited by pkrv

All a Thai needs to do to buy into the Farang Quota is to bring in the funds from outside of Thailand.

And provide a copy of his Farang passport to register ownership.

Good point I am not sure of the mechanics of this aspect. All I know is they are doing this. Dual nationality? Based overseas? Farang partner? We are a diverse bunch on this forum :D

I guess there is no "fixed" quota. Only limit that not more than 49% of the space can be registered under foreigner ownership. Sure Thai national can not register under foreign name. Unless has dual citizenship and funds from abroad and conceals the dual nationality from land office when registering.

For the OP, invest in the market you are most familiar with. Being it your home country, thailand or somewhere else. It might increase your chance of making good profits :)

If you look place to live yourself long term it doesn't matter where it is and how much it will cost if you can afford it.