Perscription Drugs In Chiang Rai

Randell

Hello usually I can only manager a month at a time with the wife up at the farm out side of Chiang Rai. So my BP and thyroid meds can be brought from Canada. but this year I will be spending about 4 months there. So I was wondering if I would be able to find my med in Chiang Rai town and if so where at a pharmacy or hospital. hopefully not the latter as they usually are quite a bit more expencive.

1. Micardis Plus 80mg/ 12.5 mg (Telmisartan/ hydrochlorothiazide)

2. Nu-Atenol 100 mg(Atenolol 100 mg)

3. Synthroid 0.175 mg (Levothyroxine sodium .175 mg)

4. Nu-Hydro 50 mg (Hydrochiorothiazide 50 mg)

5. Norvasc 10 mg (amlodipine Besylate 10 mg)

Thanks for any help or carification in advance.

Randell

If I were buying medication at a provincial border town known best for drug trafficking I would only buy from a government hospital.

If it were me I would buy in Bangkok where the chance of fake medications is much lower.

All 5 of these are readily available in Thailand. Items 2 thru 5 are available in inexpensive locally made generic forms while Micardis is available only as the brand name import. You will save considerably on the 4 drugs that are locally made, the Micardis will cost you a biot more than in Canada.

Items 2 thru 5 any pharmacy will have and the local generic brands are so cheap that there is no profit to be had counterfeiting them, wouldn't worry about that. However stick to large pharmacies with a/c. The Micardis might prove a bit harder to locate, maybe stock up in Bangkok or Chiang Mai, whichever you will pass through en route to CR. Fascino pharmacy in CM is very reliable and would almost certainly carry it.

In terms of reliabel pharmacies in Chiang Rai, Boots are fine but a tad expensive; I'm sure there will be at least one large public pharmacy, perhaps one of our CR members can advise.

All 5 of these are readily available in Thailand. Items 2 thru 5 are available in inexpensive locally made generic forms while Micardis is available only as the brand name import. You will save considerably on the 4 drugs that are locally made, the Micardis will cost you a biot more than in Canada.

Items 2 thru 5 any pharmacy will have and the local generic brands are so cheap that there is no profit to be had counterfeiting them, wouldn't worry about that. However stick to large pharmacies with a/c. The Micardis might prove a bit harder to locate, maybe stock up in Bangkok or Chiang Mai, whichever you will pass through en route to CR. Fascino pharmacy in CM is very reliable and would almost certainly carry it.

In terms of reliabel pharmacies in Chiang Rai, Boots are fine but a tad expensive; I'm sure there will be at least one large public pharmacy, perhaps one of our CR members can advise.

Thankyou very much for that information Sheryl. I will bring enough micardis to last me regards Randell

Item 2= Prenolol 100 mg ( Berlin)

Item 5= Amlopine 10 mg ( Berlin)

The other two, not sure about the local made.

>> off Topic<<

Why do you take 62 mg of HCTZ?

The pill is very simple, inexpensive but work well for Hypertension.

However the dose is 25 mg a day.

There is a study revealed 25 mg is as effective as 50 mg.

There is nothing wrong to take that much but it seems to be wasted.