In Canada, After The Visa?

After the visa is gone through and you are in Canada, Has anyone been successful on getting a Canadian visa for their loved ones?

We want to leave 2months, but it won't be possible because they won't believe her work is going to let her leave for 2months. So we'd have to ask for 2-3weeks.. but if she doesnt come back right after this she wont be able to come back for many years.

She's the mother of my child, would it be possible to get canadian passport in less than a year? what if we get married? My kid already has both passport and we've been to canada already.

After the visa is gone through and you are in Canada, Has anyone been successful on getting a Canadian visa for their loved ones?

We want to leave 2months, but it won't be possible because they won't believe her work is going to let her leave for 2months. So we'd have to ask for 2-3weeks.. but if she doesnt come back right after this she wont be able to come back for many years.

She's the mother of my child, would it be possible to get canadian passport in less than a year? what if we get married? My kid already has both passport and we've been to canada already.

Your wife will have to apply for a temporary resident permit. This can be done either while in Canada or while in Thailand. You will have to sponsor her. If you are successful in getting this, which can take up to 18 months, then she has to physically reside in Canada for 3 years before she can be eligible to apply for Canadian citizenship (passport). As in most countries, just being married to a citizen of that country really affords you very little rights.

Edited by CDNinKS

Presume you are applying for a temp residence permit which is automatically good for 3 months. This visa is often hard to get as solid proof of a return to Thailand is needed. When you marry you can apply to bring her to canada on a permanent residence visa...........could take many months and requires a committment to live in canada