Gas Station Rip Off

taxin

Hi

They say 91 no have, been asking for it myself

Shell Chalong have V-power 95, and I'm sure I see V-power 91 there as well. I have to be careful I get the 95 V-power.

Hmmm, need to correct my post. I'm just back from Shell Chalong buying V-power 95. Seems like there was no V-power 91. I was getting mixed up with V-power diesel. Shell only have 91 gasohol.

Is there still Shell 95 v-power available?

As a general principle, you should always try to support local oil companies (if you live here) as that will serve your long-term interests.

Thus, unless you have no choice, fill up at PTT or Bang Chak stations.

I have never had a problem with service or pricing at these.

Is there still Shell 95 v-power available?

Yes, but its a gasohol mix. Shell seem to have stopped the 95 benzine.

That's unfortunate. What does everyone use that can't run gasohol and needs 95?

100 ron fuel.

Around 65 baht a litre and only available in 200 litre drums.

You can buy it across the road from the airport entrance at the PTT depot.

The gas station not to use is on the left hand side way out towards the airport painted yellow and blue from memory.

Called in there about 3 years ago, there price was good but they charged me for 55 liters when the tank only holds

45 liters maximum, haven't used them since and when passing notice its usually empty, it sits by its self in a area

that's not built up.

Avoid the Shell station near Heroines Monument on the road to the airport.The grumpy old woman who serves motorcyclists always tries to rip you off by shortchanging.When you confront her,she has a face like a slapped arse and begrudgingly gives you the remaining change.Needless to say, I do not patronise this petrol station any more.

re post *9 and getting out of the vehicle

we learnt this lesson - had a friend's crew-cab 4wd to show visitors around and take to airport. Pulled up at airport service station, no idea where fuel cap was (was back) asked for 1000 baht diesel, paid.

Well on the way back to Chalong partner said fuel gauge not working. ha ha, I am guessing he keyed in 100 baht, took his time holding the pump.

OK I admit it, one more stupid farang.

Yeah I have twice had the guys at the at the servo in Patong (not what the name is but it's the only one) try and rip me off. Really pisses me off and I have to remember "Jai Yen Yen" what gets me is that they think I'm a prick when I catch them and nicely demand my money back!

They're unreal once got short changed nearly 300 baht and then they didn't reset the pump on another visit. It's handy so I keep going there but I watch'm like a hawk now. I know my tank only holds 7lts so when I saw the larger than normal cost and volume of 9lts I nearly laughed at the wombat. The fuel vapours must be taking there toll on the old brain cells.

Now I try and fill at the PTT out the back of Kata or Shell near Chalong circle if I'm going that way as I've found them much more polite and honest.... so far that is!

Gotta love LOS