Second Hand Furniture Shops

Wellington

I think I recently saw an advert somewhere in Phuket from a shop dealing in pre-owned or antique furniture.

I have a house full, as we are moving, of good quality sofas/beds/night tables/TV's dining tables and chairs which we neeed to either exchange or sell. Any ideas?

Why not just advertise it in the Gazette or on TV

Because I've had an ad in TV for 18 months and sold nothing!

and Gazette is expensive.

Fair enough.There are also a couple just past Rolly Tasker heading South

The owner of the shop you're talking about told a Thai friend of mine wishing to sell some furniture, he'd had enough and didn't want to buy any more for lack of storage. On the other hand, an English friend told me the stuff in the store was very expensive?!

Another Thai shop owner who used to be at the Sai Yuan/Nai Harn junction, told me all the second hand shops were overpriced and 'crazy'. He had exceptional prices for a small shop. But closed not long after :)

It might be that 'second hand' has been looked down on by the Thais, and the 'farang', generally speaking, wanting a higher price for their items, forgetting how little second hand fetches in farangland?

run a new advert in TV and let us know here that you done it, then maybe you will get better response. Second hand furniture etc sells quick for second hand prices, as as new does not warrent as new prices...... from personal experience priced right items listed online with the PG sell in the first few hours after listing.

I might be interested in some items; send me a private message if you have an item and price list with photos.

Found the store :)

6-20-08%20apple%20crate%201.jpg

I love this look! Where is this?

There are also the Thai Visa Classifieds.. however I have had my cheap old motorbike listed and got no replies...

Get your mrs on the Chicky Net group (women's forum for Phuket) and mention it there!