What Is An Eyelid Twitch?

cmike1980

What is an Eyelid Twitch?

It's actually called Blepharospasm which is a symptom of involuntary and uncontrollable movements in the muscles around a person's eyes which in turn make them appear like 'blinking non-stop' to other people.

In certain cases, this may be caused by myasthenia (muscular weakness) in the eyes organ as a result of stresses, overstraining of the eyes, lacks of sleeps, the serious lacks of certain nutrients / minerals to support the normal functionings / movements of your eyelid

muscles etc.

Next, in the case whereby no stress, any kinds of infections, overstraining of the eyes etc are involved whilst the eyelids and the entire organs just look superficially normal and ok, and at the same time, the eyelid-twitching / eye-blinking just get 'unexplainedly' from bad to worse from time to time, such medical scenarios could actually be caused by other neuromuscular disorders which are much more complicated.

And in terms of such neuromuscular disorders, they may arise as a neurological / Tardive Dyskinesia side effect of certain medications, especially the powerful mind-altering tranquilizers of antipsychotics / neuroleptics, particularly when such medications are over-relied on to the point of sheer abuse.

In such a connection, please consider the following excerpts : -

"Chlorpromazine side effects

Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat. Stop taking chlorpromazine and call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:

twitching or uncontrollable movements of your eyes, lips, tongue, face, arms, or legs;" (Symptoms of Tardive Dyskinesia)

which are quoted from the website :

[Commercial URL's deleted]

Edited by Ijustwannateach
Commercial URL's deleted - IJWT

What is an Eyelid Twitch?

It's actually called Blepharospasm which is a symptom of involuntary and uncontrollable movements in the muscles around a person's eyes which in turn make them appear like 'blinking non-stop' to other people.

In certain cases, this may be caused by myasthenia (muscular weakness) in the eyes organ as a result of stresses, overstraining of the eyes, lacks of sleeps, the serious lacks of certain nutrients / minerals to support the normal functionings / movements of your eyelid

muscles etc.

Next, in the case whereby no stress, any kinds of infections, overstraining of the eyes etc are involved whilst the eyelids and the entire organs just look superficially normal and ok, and at the same time, the eyelid-twitching / eye-blinking just get 'unexplainedly' from bad to worse from time to time, such medical scenarios could actually be caused by other neuromuscular disorders which are much more complicated.

And in terms of such neuromuscular disorders, they may arise as a neurological / Tardive Dyskinesia side effect of certain medications, especially the powerful mind-altering tranquilizers of antipsychotics / neuroleptics, particularly when such medications are over-relied on to the point of sheer abuse.

In such a connection, please consider the following excerpts : -

"Chlorpromazine side effects

Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat. Stop taking chlorpromazine and call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:

twitching or uncontrollable movements of your eyes, lips, tongue, face, arms, or legs;" (Symptoms of Tardive Dyskinesia)

which are quoted from the website :

http://www.drugs.com/mtm/chlorpromazine.html

Other Related Information :

http://www.dailytalkforum.com/showthread.php?tid=6242

Never seen MG with eyes twitch but Ptosis ( Upper eyelid drop).

The MG normally cause generalized weakness of the muscle due to the blockage of neuro transmission.

/quote// And in terms of such neuromuscular disorders, they may arise as a neurological / Tardive Dyskinesia side effect of certain medications, especially the powerful mind-altering tranquilizers of antipsychotics / neuroleptics, particularly when such medications are over-relied on to the point of sheer abuse. //quote/

This sounds like a wind-up, but on the chance it isn't...

TDK occurring "particularly when such medications are over-relied on to the point of sheer abuse." Really? I've been on some potent anti-psychotics and neuroleptics for mood disorders for 15 years. In some cases, the neuroleptics have been prescribed at 4 times maximum dose by my psychiatrist in an attempt to help me - which they did. No TDK.

A couple of months ago I was given propranolol for high blood pressure. Within three days it made me psychotic and gave me my first - and forever lasting - bit of TDK in my fingers. I got off the propranolol really fast, came back to a "normal" state...and still have the TDK, and always will.

But let's cut to the chase: Chlorpromazine is the generic name for Thorazine. Thorazine is generally considered to be the most potent pharmacological antipsychotic treatment, used with people who have short- or long-term psychotic episodes and who do not respond to physical stimuli. Have you heard of the "Thorazine shuffle?" (And no, I'm not talking about the song of the same name.) Thorazine has a myriad of side effects, and is generally only prescribed as a last resort; you won't find people outside a hospital using it for "sheer abuse" as your article quoted - no one *wants* to take Thorazine. Those people whose lives were saved no doubt hate whatever permanent side effects may have arisen - but as they improve, Thorazine gets replaced with Haldol, which, if they continue to improve is replaced by...and so on. And their lives go on, and in many cases become good lives once again.

I thought I would take umbrage at your statement as quoted above, ".......sheer abuse." but it turns out you've done a copy and paste of a whole article. I ask you to consider the source of that article, the research, etc that must be done to be considered as appropriate medical journalism.

As far as Wikipedia goes, I doubt that they've cleaned house of all the people claiming to be doctors, lawyers, and indian chiefs, and disseminating false information. I would never trust what Wikipedia says unless I can confirm it through other sources.