Thai Police Arrest Finn On Fraud, Money Laundering Charges

george

Police arrest Finn on fraud, money laundering charges

1257069279.jpg

Risto Sakari Hentunen to be deported

BANGKOK: -- The Thai authorities on Sunday arrested a 42-year-old Finnish man and plan to extradite him to his homeland to face charges of fraud and money laundering, police said.

Hentunen Risto Sakari was apprehended in Pattaya resort at the request of the Finnish authorities, police said.

According to police, Mr Sakari and two alleged accomplices, arrested earlier in Finland, opened a pyramid-scheme financial firm in Finland in 2004. About 10,000 people became members of the company, “Win Capital”, and more than 97 million euros circulated in the system.

The funds were transferred to the trio’s bank accounts overseas before the firm closed, police said.

Thai immigration police will later extradite Mr. Sakari to Finland to face charges there.

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2009-11-01

How to go about setting them up - Should I venture an educated guess?

Though different in some ways, there was a successful pyramid scheme set up in the northern California town I resided in 16 yrs ago. It started with a guy and his wife who were renting a nice big house. They were both charismatic, particularly him, with his white ponytail and piercing ice blue eyes. They would have new agey get-togethers at their house, interspersed with week-end seminars, with lots of metaphysics, spiritual and esoteric themes. Then came the pyramid scheme masked as 'a gifting opportunity' which started out with $100 entry level fee, and wound up to $2,000 entry level ....by which time the cat was out of the bag, and the couple fled the area. It lasted about 5 weeks and hoodwinked about 120 people. Some good parties, though.

It seems that the Thai police are cooperating with a lot of police forces around the world just lately . I bet there are a lot of trembling trap doors about . Maybe the English will be next.

I guess if that happens pattaya will be empty from one day to the other. :)

It seems that the Thai police are cooperating with a lot of police forces around the world just lately . I bet there are a lot of trembling trap doors about . Maybe the English will be next.

I guess if that happens pattaya will be empty from one day to the other. :)

Na, too many Russians around there.

For sure that it won't be the Ruskies.

My inclination regarding dodgy UK ex-pats is that not many of them are bank robbers. Most are fleeing, or have fled, from the Revenue.

Police arrest Finn on fraud, money laundering charges

1257069279.jpg

Risto Sakari Hentunen to be deported

BANGKOK: -- The Thai authorities on Sunday arrested a 42-year-old Finnish man and plan to extradite him to his homeland to face charges of fraud and money laundering, police said.

Hentunen Risto Sakari was apprehended in Pattaya resort at the request of the Finnish authorities, police said.

According to police, Mr Sakari and two alleged accomplices, arrested earlier in Finland, opened a pyramid-scheme financial firm in Finland in 2004. About 10,000 people became members of the company, “Win Capital”, and more than 97 million euros circulated in the system.

The funds were transferred to the trio’s bank accounts overseas before the firm closed, police said.

Thai immigration police will later extradite Mr. Sakari to Finland to face charges there.

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2009-11-01

Wher can I find the NEWS video clip of this case??? please help me.. I'm bad with Thai language... but I wanna see video

Thank you guys!

It was over 100 million most likely, they got some money back but not all.

He will get couple of years holiday in government resort and is then free to move back to patters to enjoy his hard earned cash.

Couple of years ago there was quite a few finns in patters buying big condos and living off from this scheme. Now i believe most of the condos are for sale and most of the guys not around anymore.

Here's how they did it

IMO anyone who "invests" his money based on 400% "guaranteed" returns deserves to lose them !