Tiger 1 Uz-fe

balou

What kind of rubbers are on there?

That's a fair bit of power/torque to put on the street, especially on a truck with virtually no load on the rear axle (unless you chuck in some cement bags :) )

Not sure, but is this the pre '97 model (i.e. without the variable valve timing)?

That's a fair bit of power/torque to put on the street, especially on a truck with virtually no load on the rear axle (unless you chuck in some cement bags :) )

Not sure, but is this the pre '97 model (i.e. without the variable valve timing)?

A enghine cost usually about 30 grand. But there is much more involved than just buy the engine. Usually you have to fit new radiator, electric fans, mecanical works, electrical works, all new rubbers pipes, etc, driveshaft, modification of engine and transmission mounts, sometime chassismodifications, fuel pump (not the cheap chinese one for 800 Baht that will last for 3 days), Bosch, and what ever comes into. Done the same with a Olds cutlass Supreme, and spent nearly 100'k

post-36457-1257248359_thumb.jpg

post-36457-1257248389_thumb.jpg

post-36457-1257248405_thumb.jpg

post-36457-1257248418_thumb.jpg

post-36457-1257248431_thumb.jpg

post-36457-1257248447_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys, sorry for the late repply! :D

where to start?...

The costs:

1uz fe after 1995 (mine is year 99 non VVTI, with gear 4 auto) 35000bt, if in good shape, VVTI will cost the same price but with anti start system problem if the original key and start switch is not provided.

OR 1 uz fe pre 1995 25000bt, may be less now.

brakes: front , origin Toyota V8 car, 4 pots, adaptation wheel 6 studs to be similar as rear axle, 12000bt

rear : isuzu 2 pots, origine trooper, with internal drum hand brake (land cruiser 80 style)

rear axle Isuzu, differential D Max/Colorado 4WD 100% auto lock 15000bt (100% lock only at GM!)

Dash board to suit electronic stuff ... 8000bt

Stainless steel exhaust (X) 2-1-2 to equalize exhaust pressures on both manifold encrease power and keep torque, 15000bt

LPG system, complte, injection, Euro standard, 65000bt (just to stay safe) gas tank intalled under the bed opposite to the petrol tank.

Radiator, home made dual core, engine cooling (3/4 top) + gearbox cooling (1/4 bottom)

Fan: hydraulic, original toyota v8, + electric for Air cond (never overheat!)

wheels and tyres: 18", front 245/45, rear 265/35 , 1 complete set 45000bt

Book registration changed to lpg/95 with engine number and cc.

Fully street legal here in Thailand

all this cost about 200000bt, but what the pleasure!

It goes straight even full trottle! Thanks isuzu!

the speed is limited to 180km/h (4500 rpm)

It brakes strong.

Just an expensive toy.

I don't care, hapiness doesn't have price. :)

I will come back with the brand of the rubbers, i know the back ones are little bit special, but they grip a lot!

Apparently, the non VVTI continued to be produced. Following the serial number it appears to be a 99.

But you'r right the VVTI arrived in 97.

Next project: an other pich-up 4x2, recent, with a 3uz VVTI, may be 2UR GSE engine if i can find this in japan (half cut)

Cheers

Hi,

I just finished a 1UZ into 2003 Hilux, new project underway is 1UZ into BMW E30 with R154 manual box.

The 1UZ is a beautiful engine, and a bargain at current prices, although demand is growing daily. At the moment there are buyers from Burma and India buying these engines as soon as they are landing at Chiengkong.

I just bought this engine which is the generation 2 with black plastic cover last week for 22,000 baht. The first gen motor in my hilux cost 20,000.

Cheers

post-6819-1258458289_thumb.jpg

post-6819-1258458316_thumb.jpg

post-6819-1258458466_thumb.jpg

post-6819-1258458493_thumb.jpg

post-6819-1258458605_thumb.jpg

Edited by INTJ

Will you guys stop buying all the 1uz engines, we suffering a shortage of em down here!

Still got a set of Argo rods available, but they not cheap! But if your going to twin turbo your beasty they would be handy.

post-63954-1258459745_thumb.jpg

Balou, did you hear of the 1GZ-FE ? Toyota's 5.0 V12. That would be nice if you could find one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_GZ_engine

Cheers

Yes of course!!! i asked for all kind of engines from V8-up.

For the moment in chiangkongs Bkk, we can find only 1uz, 2uz and 3uz. BUT i got plans with some friends to buy directly in japan, half cuts, cheaper for example 2uz in Bkk too expensive, in Jp half cut LC100 is far less than 100000bt.

Last time missed 1 LC100, complete (engine and gears on the side), year post 2003, full option, 100000bt!!!

Have to know the right person (good friend of chiangkongers) and see them, they even propose to me to buy directly in Jp for me. Now have to see...

and wait UR engines!!!

I'd be very interested in a 1GZ , if you have the facility to buy a Toyota Century Limousine half cut in Japan please contact me !

"In real terms the V12 makes almost as much power and ultimately more torque across the entire rev range than the famous 1980s Ferrari BB 512"

http://www.lextreme.com/V12.html

Cheers

hp.bmp

Edited by INTJ

I'd be very interested in a 1GZ , if you have the facility to buy a Toyota Century Limousine half cut in Japan please contact me !

"In real terms the V12 makes almost as much power and ultimately more torque across the entire rev range than the famous 1980s Ferrari BB 512"

http://www.lextreme.com/V12.html

Cheers

I just send an email to my friend, wait and see!

Nice job balou. A real sleeper until you stomp on the gas pedal. I too just installed a 1UZ in my 65 Olds as it had a 1JZ turbo in it when I bought it but I wanted a V-8. I gave the mechanic the 1JZ and 40,000 baht. I like the installation. It was a tight fit so we had to use custom headers (which need to be painted) instead of the stock exhaust manifolds.

IMGP0015-2.jpg

I just picked another engine up today - the prices are increasing. Second generation (black top) at Bang Na is now 25,000 from 22,000 two weeks ago. I bet this is doubled in a year. Anyone thinking about a V8 engine swap I would recommend sourcing the motor sooner rather than later as demand is skyrocketing.

Cheers

post-6819-1258544369_thumb.jpg

Edited by INTJ

I love the current Century but they are scares as Rocking Horse Sh1t on the second-hand market outside of Japan....probably hard to get S/H in Japan!

I'd settle for a 2003 onwards Crown which to me is kinda like the Cadillac of the Orient! A Crown can put in a good turn of speed and is comfortable.

I just picked another engine up today - the prices are increasing. Second generation (black top) at Bang Na is now 25,000 from 22,000 two weeks ago. I bet this is doubled in a year. Anyone thinking about a V8 engine swap I would recommend sourcing the motor sooner rather than later as demand is skyrocketing.

Cheers

Is that engine only or does it include an auto tranny and the computer?

Hi BSJ,

Engine, autobox, wiring harness, ECU, gear selector and mounts.

I think the Century is the only car that has the 1GZ-FE (5.0 V12).............but like the Crown, not the easiest car on the eye. I'd love to get hold of a Century front cut.

Cheers

Edited by INTJ

• 1 year later...