Victory Monument To Kanchinaburi

NewGuy

I'll arrive at Victory Monument (after a mini-bus ride from Pattaya) and plan to go on to Kanchinaburi. What are my travel options? I'd prefer mini-bus or a direct regular bus. I'll be staying at the Jolly Frog or Apple or not far from those places. Thanks.

I'll arrive at Victory Monument (after a mini-bus ride from Pattaya) and plan to go on to Kanchinaburi. What are my travel options? I'd prefer mini-bus or a direct regular bus. I'll be staying at the Jolly Frog or Apple or not far from those places. Thanks.

You can get a mini-bus from directly under the Victory Monument sky train station to Kanchanaburi. It's about 150 or 180 Baht I think, and they leave about every 15 minutes (or when the bus is full). They drop you off pretty close to the area you say you want to stay. (You may just need to take a 20 baht motor taxi ride).

Edited by thecatman

your better off going by taxi to south bus station to Kanchananburi by coach for Baht200!

How do you work that one out????

Jump out of one mini-bus at Victory Monument and getting into another to go Kanchanaburi.........what could be simpler?!?!

My wife took a minibus from Victory Monument to Kanchanaburi bus station only last week and said that it was very good.

Most operators now use new vans and seem to run to a strict timetable so leave even if near empty.

My wife said that for her trip there were only two other passengers.

She paid 110bht.

My wife took a minibus from Victory Monument to Kanchanaburi bus station only last week and said that it was very good.

Most operators now use new vans and seem to run to a strict timetable so leave even if near empty.

She paid 110bht.

Hi 'apetley',

Was that the new number 81 vans that I see going to and back from from Kan to BKK?

post-3770-1257338723_thumb.jpg

If so this service now goes from Kan to Petchburi, Cha Am and Hua Hin I think? :D

Yours truly,

Kan Win :)

Hi KW, not sure if it was one of the white vans you have pictured that my wife took.

Might have been one of the silver coloured ones.

Tickets can be bought in Kan bus station in the small booth to the right of the main entry.

Wifey even commented on how 'safe' the driver was which is good to hear after experiencing a couple of horror trips myself.

If you go Kan to BKK they will even take minor detours once in BKK if you ask and it's not too far out of their way.

Hi KW, not sure if it was one of the white vans you have pictured that my wife took.

Might have been one of the silver coloured ones.

Tickets can be bought in Kan bus station in the small booth to the right of the main entry.

Wifey even commented on how 'safe' the driver was which is good to hear after experiencing a couple of horror trips myself.

If you go Kan to BKK they will even take minor detours once in BKK if you ask and it's not too far out of their way.

Hi 'apetley',

Thank you for your reply.

The

Might have been one of the silver coloured ones

My Wife uses it for her Mother and other folks (the silver coloured ones, just a phone call btw). That one is based in Lat Yai and comes around to our place and picks them up back to BKK. Good service mind you. :D

The one in the photo is a new one to me.

Please ask your 'Dear Lady' to call that number and give us all more info...

Thanking you :)

Yours as always in Kan :D

Win

She paid 110bht.

Hi 'apetley',

Was that the new number 81 vans that I see going to and back from from Kan to BKK?

post-3770-1257338723_thumb.jpg

If so this service now goes from Kan to Petchburi, Cha Am and Hua Hin I think? :D

Yours truly,

NO-if you've ever been to kan-or whatever Thai busstaion-you might have noted that nr 81 is reserved for direct Bkk-Kan links.

In fact thes enew vans such labelled serve kan-Bkk/SANBAM LUANG/Ratchdamnern Avenue-the by far more frqeunt link.

A busroute Kan-Ratchburi is somewhere in the 4xx series. Direct vans Kan-Patch-HuaHin are likely restricted and prebooked tourist-only vans.

Just found out that my wife uses and recommends the white mini buses.

The one time recently that I used one with her I could have sworn it was silver in colour but she insists it was one of the white ones.

I slept most of the way anyway so tiredness is my excuse for memory lapse!

Whatever the colour I can say it was alot better than the usual 'big bus' with more comfortable seats too.

She paid 110bht.

Hi 'apetley',

Yours truly,

NO-if you've ever been to kan-or whatever Thai busstaion-you might have noted that nr 81 is reserved for direct Bkk-Kan links.

In fact thes enew vans such labelled serve kan-Bkk/SANBAM LUANG/Ratchdamnern Avenue-the by far more frqeunt link.

A busroute Kan-Ratchburi is somewhere in the 4xx series. Direct vans Kan-Patch-HuaHin are likely restricted and prebooked tourist-only vans.

Sorry, you are correct as I typed it wrongly. I meant to say "There are Vans advertised on Radio FM 99 in Kan. Vans from Kan-Petchaburi-Cha Am-Hua Hin in Thai......" :D

Yours truly that lives in Kan BTW :D

Kan Win :D

The No81 :) Minivans are proving so popular they've set up a new location, right on the corner of the main bus station entrance in Kan.

Kan-Victory Monument BTS every 15 minutes from 3.30am-8.00pm, 7 days a week. Price 110baht.

They are also available for private hire.

post-62796-1257641384_thumb.jpg

Safe travels

Boycie.

• 1 year later...