Where Can I Get A Rb26dett In Chiang Mai

JimSiam

Looking to repower and want to put a RB26DETT in, anyone know where to get one in Chiang Mai and who would be able to fit it?

That is quite a popular engine for A31 Cefiro guys. You will be hard pressed finding one in BKK. Chiang Mai? Very difficult, I would say.

You know anybody in BKK that knows about cars?

After more reading seems the 2JZ-GTE may be the better option. 3.0l and lots more around and half the price, now to find one and a gearbox

Yep, better option. Lots of upgrade parts available, too. What car will you use it for?

There is a speed shop on Sam Lam Rd inside the old city. It you are driving past what Phrasing and the temple is on your RH side keep going past the Ratchamankha intersection. on your RH side you should come to it. They seem to favor Mitsubishi, but I have seen many different cars in there from Nissan 240s to MR2s.

I never dropped in because I knew I wasn't going to stay in Thailand forever (not yet anyways) so I didn't even begin to plan on what type of car to tinker with.

After more reading seems the 2JZ-GTE may be the better option. 3.0l and lots more around and half the price, now to find one and a gearbox

Yep, better option. Lots of upgrade parts available, too. What car will you use it for?

E34 5 series bm

For one of those engines you're looking at mega-bucks as you'd be best off importing one in from Japan via BKK.

Are you putting it in an existing skyline or something else?

The 2JZ-GTE is looking a much better option and a lot less to buy, as its .4 of a litre bigger too thats good.

Going in a e34 BM 5 series

For one of those engines you're looking at mega-bucks as you'd be best off importing one in from Japan via BKK.

Are you putting it in an existing skyline or something else?

The 2JZ-GTE is looking a much better option and a lot less to buy, as its .4 of a litre bigger too thats good.

Going in a e34 BM 5 series

That is a pretty popular combo. I have seen twin-turbod 5-series for sale all the time. Not expensive either.

The big risk is getting the electrics right. Many time Somchai snafus the wires and fries the fuse box under the hood.

are you looking for the manual 6speed varient or the 4 speed automatic?

our engine are directly imported from japan. it comes ofcourse with the gearbox, driveshaft, engine, and ecu.

the 2jz-gte is alot cheaper then the RB26, and has alot more parts available in the market.

i would highly recommend the 2jz for daily use, whilest the rb is even a better engine and more exotic,

it simply put, involves alot modifications. esspecially if the 4wd is to be obtained, which puts the RB is a fav.

not to menation there is alot of hetic work with the electronics when swapping to a RB26DETT.

if you want to keep it RWD then the 2jz will be alot simpler.

the bmw has alot of compatable parts with the 2jz package, so it would be simple more raliable.

for the 5series, its rather popular to also opt for a 1UZ (toyota v8). there are several turbo kits for the 1uz,

which ofcourse a turbo v8 is always fun!!! boost is highly limited to under 10 psi on std internals for the 1uz.

the 2jz-gte can handle 32psi with std internals, and 600whp with the std internals.

Edited by philipm