Anti-flu Drug Ready For New Round Of A(h1n1) Flu

webfact

Anti-flu drug ready for new round of A(H1N1) flu

BANGKOK, Nov 3 (TNA) – Thailand's Government Pharmaceutical Organisation (GPO) and hospitals nationwide have stockpiled some 35 million capsules of the anti-flu drug 'Oseltamivir' for a possible second round of A(H1N1) virus outbreak, said Dr Vithit Attavijjakul, GPO director.

Dr Vithit said that about 35 million capsules of the anti-viral drug are available at Thailand's upcountry hospitals as well as the GPO office, aiming to handle the new wave of the A(H1N1) pandemic in an approaching cool season.

Meanwhile, the raw materials are available to produce a new lot of additional medication of 40 million capsules.

Regarding the children's formula of the anti-flu drug Oseltamivir, Dr Vithit said that the 30,000 to 40,000 capsules could be distributed immediately in all areas if needed.

The GPO is ready to produce more anti-flu drugs for children.

In addition, the GPO has stored lots of hand wash gel and sanitary masks to prevent the upcoming wave of Influenza Type A (H1N1) spread.

The GPO contacted local producers to make cloth sanitary masks to supply the GPO as they can be reused and help save costs.

Some European countries like Germany, Spain and France have expressed interest in GPO-produced hand gel, so the organisation plans to register its hand gel formula with the food and drug administrations in those countries.

After it is registered, Thailand expects to receive orders from overseas and build confidence in the country's production's standard. (TNA)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2009/11/03

Get the Nation/Thaivisa news faster via SMS:

14 days free trial, dial *424010011 on your mobile

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch this space for the flood of anti-pharmaceutical ranting and claims of "It's all hype;" swine flu is not dangerous etc. etc.

No ranting but maybe you could post some examples where it is proven that it is more serious then the common flu.

Watch this space for the flood of anti-pharmaceutical ranting and claims of "It's all hype;" swine flu is not dangerous etc. etc.

No ranting but maybe you could post some examples where it is proven that it is more serious then the common flu.

that bad is it. then we should all have shots :)

it maybe more or less the same with every other flu. Whats wrong with government stock piling anti-h1n1?

Thailand expects to receive orders from overseas and build confidence in the country's production's standard. (TNA)

What a disgrace, even under a worldwide pandemic killing young and old side by side, thinking out ways to make money is all they are capable of doing here :)

Building confidence…if WHO and the pharmaceutical companies which produce and already

have produced and distributed millions with doses of flu vaccine had any faith in this Country they had already have vaccines to 25% of the population.

There are ample examples of 'blocked' sites already by 'Big Brother' as this is all about Big Pharma and money. What sane person would subject themselves to inoculation by an unproven product which is at best, only just now starting to receive proper testing. With Big Pharma claiming 'plausible denial' even before giving it to anyone - would any intelligent person seriously believe the hype and el torro poo poo being handed down?

Check out http://www.hubdub.com/m41529/Will_the_Swin...ulation_in_2009

and http://www.newfluwiki2.com/diary/3720/news...eptember-4-2009 (which has just been blocked)

and the best - http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/artic...JvxRfj-CBGueBfw where by Sept 11th 2009 only 3,200+ change have died.

But hey - let's all listen to Big Pharma, deliberately infect ourselves and our kids and see if we can boost the numbers of death by stupid is as stupid does - let those with no brains get spiked for no reason and maybe "cull the dull" so we don't have to put up with this rubbish anymore. They can't make a class action of claims so let's interfere with Natural Selection. Idiots all. :)

Very nice puff piece that demonstrates that the government really cares about its people. However, I think if they have a quality drug it will go to the export market. The government thinks nothing of poisoning the milk of Thai School children. The outrage only came about when some officials and vendors were caught after the children became sick. I think this is another chance to make a lot of money at the expense of the people by politicians connected to the pharmaceutical manufactures. Can they resist?

It is not that this flu is more dangerous, but that it spread easily. In Belgiums there entire schools closed, because so many pupils caught it.

I tried to get vaccination, but it was too early. I am going on holiday to Thailand, in a few days, well the airplane is a risk, as other places. Not afraid to die, but yes to spoil my holiday!

But rumors are that you can get sick from the shot, with even high fever. So if you lucky, not to catcj this flu, you are maybe better off without a shot

Edited by indieke

I'll let you do your own homework. 1) The common flu is serious. and 2) When it first started in Mexico and the US swine flu was killing healthy people in their prime, unusual for an influenza. Everything we see here (all the press releases from various government and the WHO) are just cautionary and preventative. As every flu does, it will continue to mutate, combine with other flues. There is a very good possibility it could become more dangerous again.

that bad is it. then we should all have shots :)

This thread isn't about shots or vaccine. It's about flu treatment. Same as Tamiflu. See where is says "capsules"?

Edited by Scubabuddha

it maybe more or less the same with every other flu. Whats wrong with government stock piling anti-h1n1?

As long as that is all they do with it

Very nice puff piece that demonstrates that the government really cares about its people. However, I think if they have a quality drug it will go to the export market. The government thinks nothing of poisoning the milk of Thai School children. The outrage only came about when some officials and vendors were caught after the children became sick. I think this is another chance to make a lot of money at the expense of the people by politicians connected to the pharmaceutical manufactures. Can they resist?

Picked it in one ... lol :)

Do you read the news now and then or is it just Pattaya mail?

A female friend of the family, 32 years old just died of the swine flu in Northern Europe, she did not die last year or the years before that, but they have the seasonal flu there every freezing winter.

All strains of influenza are potentially dangerous. Swine flu just happens to be the one the big pharma companies are cashing in on at the moment. If you believe a multinational conglomerate of corporations puts your well being over profit, you're deluding yourself.

post-38162-1257233373_thumb.jpg

(infographic explained here)

It is not that this flu is more dangerous, but that it spread easily. In Belgiums there entire schools closed, because so many pupils caught it.

Hmm..Don't you think that a flu speading easily defines "dangerous" And again, besides the vector issue, it was killing healthy people in the beginning, and it can mutate again to do so.

But rumors are that you can get sick from the shot, with even high fever. So if you lucky, not to catcj this flu, you are maybe better off without a shot

Is anyone actually reading the article before they post? This thread has nothing to do with a shot or vaccine, it's flu treatment medication.

What a disgrace, even under a worldwide pandemic killing young and old side by side, thinking out ways to make money is all they are capable of doing here

While I agree with your sentiment, I think it is important to remember the normal seasonal flu is, by far, causing more deaths than the notorious H1N1. These flues usually make an appearance, withdraw for a while and then resurge, often with more virulence. So it may, yet, become a deadly infection. Doesn't look like it, though.

I am a little worried about swine flu. Yes I know so far it has been very mild in most of the world but this virus is very like the last pandemic virus which killed millions. That virus started out as a mild one and went around the world. The next season it returned in it's deadly form. This new virus seems to be behaving in exactly the same way. I believe that's why most governments are worried about the 2nd wave of the swine flu.

I'm not trying to scare people and I think the odds of this virus becoming more deadly are very low but the possibility is always there and it's good that the governments are prepared.

Chris

All strains of influenza are potentially dangerous. Swine flu just happens to be the one the big pharma companies are cashing in on at the moment. If you believe a multinational conglomerate of corporations puts your well being over profit, you're deluding yourself.

post-38162-1257233373_thumb.jpg

(infographic explained here)

Thank you for pointing out the seriousness of swine flu. So much so it made this list of common causes of death!! And I already said that all strains of flu are dangerous, which the medicine mentioned int he article will work for as well. (It's flu medication, not A H1-A1 medication as the article tends to lead the reader.)

I sure don't think corporations put my well being before profits. They are "for profit" companies after all. I think most individuals in the process would like to see both.What all you nay sayers fail to realize is it's the capitalist "for profit" system which fuels the research and creation of these drugs and other medical advancements. We wouldn't even have a lot of these drugs under a wholly state run healthcare program in the US. That is one of the major issues raging in the US government now with national healthcare. Some are afraid of loosing the incentive for medical advancement. (For the record I happen to be for a national healthcare system in the US, I am just stating the facts)

so how much cost the vaccin

Its not a vaccine. Its a flu treatment medication. But to answer your question, I think I paid around 300-400 baht for the regular flu shot a few months ago. I think it's unknown at the present time what the swine flu will cost.

Edited by Scubabuddha

Just so I say something also. Is all BS, as there is no proven connection between money which they are to be made by the big pharma and your well being, so no worries they are really concerned with your well being.

So the rest of what you say guys is just ranting, big pharma is looking after you and your money, whoops I said it......

:D:):D

A female friend of the family, 32 years old just died of the swine flu in Northern Europe, she did not die last year or the years before that...

I'm sure we all extend our sympathy for the loss of your family friend. But, again in the quest for accuracy, almost no one dies from the flu. They die from complications, usually pneumonia. The reasons people contract the complications can be varied such as coming in contact with a person carrying disease organisms while being weakened by the flu. Also, and this not an accusation in your case, there is evidence that many people are being diagnosed with H1N1, and many deaths are being blamed on H1N1 without testing to confirm the diagnosis. It is convenient to have something to blame.

It's difficult to decide which is worse - Swine Flu, or the vaccine (which contains a mercury based preservative).

Ugg. A) This article has nothing to do with vaccines. B ) People have been taking these mercury based vaccines for decades with not one single shred of evidence they are harmful.

Get a grip people.

A female friend of the family, 32 years old just died of the swine flu in Northern Europe, she did not die last year or the years before that, but they have the seasonal flu there every freezing winter.

Every year there die MUCH more people from the common flu then there have died in total since the "hype" from swineflu started.

This is all about big money.

A female friend of the family, 32 years old just died of the swine flu in Northern Europe, she did not die last year or the years before that...

I'm sure we all extend our sympathy for the loss of your family friend. But, again in the quest for accuracy, almost no one dies from the flu. They die from complications, usually pneumonia. The reasons people contract the complications can be varied such as coming in contact with a person carrying disease organisms while being weakened by the flu. Also, and this not an accusation in your case, there is evidence that many people are being diagnosed with H1N1, and many deaths are being blamed on H1N1 without testing to confirm the diagnosis. It is convenient to have something to blame.

You meant to say, "almost no one dies from the flu alone" which is debatable, depending on what your definition of "almost no one" is. You would also be accurate to say, "No one dies from AIDS, they die from complications caused by AIDS, (AIDS weakens the immune system until something else gets you) So according to you, I guess AIDS is sorted then.

Remember that the concern over a pandemic is not just that is can kill, but that it can tax medical resources, cost billions in damages due to lost work time, and cripple whole economies. (see Mexico City at the outset of Swine)

Edited by Scubabuddha

There are ample examples of 'blocked' sites already by 'Big Brother' as this is all about Big Pharma and money. What sane person would subject themselves to inoculation by an unproven product which is at best, only just now starting to receive proper testing. With Big Pharma claiming 'plausible denial' even before giving it to anyone - would any intelligent person seriously believe the hype and el torro poo poo being handed down?

Check out http://www.hubdub.com/m41529/Will_the_Swin...ulation_in_2009

and http://www.newfluwiki2.com/diary/3720/news...eptember-4-2009 (which has just been blocked)

and the best - http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/artic...JvxRfj-CBGueBfw where by Sept 11th 2009 only 3,200+ change have died.

But hey - let's all listen to Big Pharma, deliberately infect ourselves and our kids and see if we can boost the numbers of death by stupid is as stupid does - let those with no brains get spiked for no reason and maybe "cull the dull" so we don't have to put up with this rubbish anymore. They can't make a class action of claims so let's interfere with Natural Selection. Idiots all. :)

See? I told you. The nut jobs seem to come out of the woodwork when this topic is broached.

BTW none of these sites you listed seem to be blocked for me.

Every year there die MUCH more people from the common flu then there have died in total since the "hype" from swineflu started.

This is all about big money.

I really wish you hadn't deleted my original comment from the above qoute string:

:)

Edited by Scubabuddha

I'm sure we all extend our sympathy for the loss of your family friend. But, again in the quest for accuracy, almost no one dies from the flu. They die from complications, usually pneumonia.

The tobacco companies would like you :) nobody dies from smoking, they only die from complications.

This H1N1 is more dangerous than normal flu because its more likely to create those flu complications that actually kill you and because those complications are often associated with the immune system going into overdrive, its the healthy who tend to die in excess. It's highly unlikely that we will have anything like the 1918 outbreak because lots of us have exposure to h1n1 type viruses as a result of russia's homer simpson allowing the stuff to escape in 1977 from his biological warfare lab and become part of seasonal flu

If anyone wants to read something sane about flu you could do worse than read this

New Scientist Mag on flu

for these who need to see conspiracies everywhere I would recommendDavid (the lizard people from space have taken over) icke

Edited by hazz