Extend 90 Day Non-b With 30 Days

Hello

I tried searching for the answer via the search function as I guess it must have been answered multiple times already, but without luck. So here goes:

I'm currently on a 90 day non-B visa that expires in 10 days. I want to get it extended 30 days (actually ideally 60 days, but don't think that is possible?). I'm going to immigration this week to try and get the extension, but wanted to bring copies of whatever needed from home as they always seem to charge paper like it was gold at the immigration office. So my question is what do I need to bring and show them in order to get the extension?

Do I need to give a good reason why the extension and are there any chance that they can reject the extension? I'm asking because the same day (in 10 days) I get family visiting from Europe, and it would be quite a bummer if I had to leave the country just as they arrived.

PS. I have work permit

PPS. I just got a new passport, so at the same time at immigration I need to transfer my visa to the new passport from the old, but hope that doesn't cause any problems.

You can only get a 7 day extension, and would probably need to show a ticket out of the country within 7 days.

If you are married to a Thai national you could get a 60 day extension.

I guess you don't qualify for a 1 year extesion of stay based on your work? if not, go to Vientianne and get a 60 day tourist visa or just cross the border and come back and get 15 days. (By air you would get 30 days).

The transfer of the stamps to your new passport is no problem. and is free of charge. Normaly doesn't take long.

Thanks for the reply mario, but bloody hel_l, soon I'm going to find some random woman and marry her just to get all the benefits of having a Thai wife :)

I have been to the immigration before to get a 30 day extension, but I think that was for a tourist visa, is it possible for tourist visa and not for non-b?

Getting a tourist visa isn't to good for me, then I'm not allowed to work, and my life here in Thailand is no holiday :D

Edit: No I don't qualify for 1 year extension based on the work, our company does not meet the terms for that yet. But should do next time we get a working permit.

Edited by d0ndela

On tourist visa you can obtain 30 day extension, but on Non-Immigrant B visa only 7 day extension. As you are working you need to renew your Non-B visa to stay legal. Your employer should provide you with the appropriate papers for that. KL would be a good place to go.

I am also the company owner (along with my partner). We have two work permits, so guess you could say we hired each-other or something like that.

I would really hate going to KL, was there earlier this year for a non-b, did get it, but really did not like that place. But don't really matter I guess, I am going for the cheapest/easiest/fastest and more reliable solution (as everyone else I guess). So far we've been to KL and Ho Chi Minh for non-b's, would be nice to try a new place.

That's okay, I only need a single entry. Going to get multiple entry by a consulate in my home country after new year. Old man running that place in his livingroom, all he needs from you is a cup of coffee pretty much and he will give you anything :)