Visa Run To Sado Via Hat Yai

I have a multiple entry, and I am thinking of flying down to Hat Yai. Does anyone have any idea of flight prices and frequencies, also how long or how hard is it to get to Sado from Hat Yai? Thanks in advance!

Both Nok Air and AirAsia fly down to HatYai twice a day. I've flown both, but I prefer Nok a lot more. From the airport, you can hire a taxi for B600 that will take you to the border, wait for you while you go through and come back, and return you to the airport.

www.nokair.com has the timetables. Their cheapest flights seem to be on Tuesdays.

As for me, I think I'll let things calm down a bit there before going through the Hat Yai airport anytime soon. Seeing the terminal, that I've been through several times, on TV the last 2 days is a bit disquieting to say the least.

Both Nok Air and AirAsia fly down to HatYai twice a day. I've flown both, but I prefer Nok a lot more. From the airport, you can hire a taxi for B600 that will take you to the border, wait for you while you go through and come back, and return you to the airport.

www.nokair.com  has the timetables. Their cheapest flights seem to be on Tuesdays.

As for me, I think I'll let things calm down a bit there before going through the Hat Yai airport anytime soon. Seeing the terminal, that I've been through several times, on TV the last 2 days is a bit disquieting to say the least.

Why do you prefer Nok a lot more? :o

www.nokair.com  has the timetables. Their cheapest flights seem to be on Tuesdays.

Why do you prefer Nok a lot more? :o

I prefer having assigned seating instead of the "first to shove, first to be seated" policy of AirAsia. Their prices were lower, albeit not much, on 3 out of 3 trips. They aren't owned by Mr. T (he has enough money already). Being alligned with Thai Airways seems to help also in terms of staff training and professionalism.

I am toying with the idea of taking the 9am flight and getting the one that comes back at 1600. What is the turn around time from the airport to the border by taxi? Does anyone know?

Should be just fine. The flight is about an hour. The taxi ride to the border is an

hour-ish. Pick up a motorcycle taxi at the border gate, he'll whisk you out of Thailand, loops into Malaysia, dashes out of Malaysia, and zooms back into Thailand in under 10 minutes for B50. Drops you off next to your auto taxi and you're back to the airport in another hour-ish.

Should be just fine. The flight is about an hour. The taxi ride to the border is an

hour-ish. Pick up a motorcycle taxi at the border gate, he'll whisk you out of Thailand, loops into Malaysia, dashes out of Malaysia, and zooms back into Thailand in under 10 minutes for B50. Drops you off next to your auto taxi and you're back to the airport in another hour-ish.

Thanks for that info, thats one of the reasons that I like going to Malaysia, easy border turn over, rather than at Cambodia.

Thanks for that info, thats one of the reasons that I like going to Malaysia, easy border turn over, rather than at Cambodia.

mai pen rai...

just to clarify, that IS Pedang Besar I'm talking about, not Sadao.

and yes, smooth as silk (to borrow a motto) going and coming.

The part involving checking in and out of Malaysia was even done while sitting on the back of the motorcycle. Only got off, for under a minute, when checking back into Thailand.

Quick and courteous and efficient, it should serve as a model for ALL crossings.

Edited by sriracha john