TOT adsl running well now in Sri Racha

astral

I was away for most of March so I do not know when the improvement started,

but TOT's adsl service 1024/256 seems to be running very well now.

I am getting full speed up and down.

I was away for most of March so I do not know when the improvement started,

but TOT's adsl service 1024/256 seems to be running very well now.

I am getting full speed up and down.

I think I'm one of only a handfull using the same package as you

for home use here in Samui. So far I'm very happy with it, speeds

are good, downloading at around 137 kbps

A friend of mine in Rawai is getting about 300 kbps download since changing to ADSL a week ago. He has the 750 baht/month package (750 kbps connection?) by mistake - he wanted the 1,024 kbps package, but there was a cock-up with his landlord who ordered it.

So he's paying 750 baht / month and I'm paying 400 baht telephone bill + 349 baht dial-up package. :o Time to change, I think!

A friend of mine in Rawai is getting about 300 kbps download since changing to ADSL a week ago. He has the 750 baht/month package (750 kbps connection?) by mistake - he wanted the 1,024 kbps package, but there was a cock-up with his landlord who ordered it.

So he's paying 750 baht / month and I'm paying 400 baht telephone bill + 349 baht dial-up package.  :o Time to change, I think!

Somthing wrong with mine then...if i'm on the

1024 kbps package and have had a maximum

of 140 download??

So he's paying 750 baht / month and I'm paying 400 baht telephone bill + 349 baht dial-up package.  :o Time to change, I think!

Somthing wrong with mine then...if i'm on the

1024 kbps package and have had a maximum

of 140 download??

I think this has been mentioned before - that the people on the 1024 kbps scheme get a worse download rate than the people on 512 or 768(?). And the feeling was that the 1024 deal is oversubscribed by download-hungry people, and the 512 deal is just ticking over nicely with the subscribers getting the max rate.

I don't know how true any of that is, but it's the overall feeling I have after reading lots of threads on the subject.

I agree with your sums.

Adsl may be slightly more expensive, but there is not much in it, and the

SPEED more than makes up for the minor increase in price..

No more long waits for pages to appear.

Go for it.