First Time Transferring Money To My Thai Account

I am having some money (a few thousand $$) transferred in USD from a bank in the Philippines to my SCB account here in bangkok.

I have my full bank account details with address of the branch and SWIFT code, is there anything else I need to send to the payer?

How long will it take to clear?

What will the charges be?

Can it be withdrawn via ATM or will I have to do it in person? I have lost my SCB bank book so the latter may be a problem.

thanks!

Just to give you an answer, any answer being better than no answer. :)

I've no experience with SCB but do have from my Korean and my Isle of Man (UK) accounts to my Vietcombank. Assuming all international transfers are roughly the same it looks like you've provided all the info necessary. I'd advise including your contact telephone number and that should be it.

No idea of charges but my transfers to Vietcombank were in my account within 24 hours.

I am having some money (a few thousand $$) transferred in USD from a bank in the Philippines to my SCB account here in bangkok.

I have my full bank account details with address of the branch and SWIFT code, is there anything else I need to send to the payer?

Can it be withdrawn via ATM or will I have to do it in person? I have lost my SCB bank book so the latter may be a problem.

thanks!

You shouldn't need any thing else. I don't know how long it woudl take from a Philippine bank, but from my US bank to SCB only takes a day. You can get the money with an ATM card.

You should tell the bank about the bank book and get a new one.

TH

thanks!

Your bank in Phi will probably have something for having used your money sofar. :) Bangkok Bank charges from 100THB up to 500 depending on the amount. So it mostly ends up with 500. :D Don't know if SCB has similar, probably.

SCB will charge up to 500 baht for the receiving and conversion. ATM will get you the money when it comes in to the account. You should go to the branch where you opened the account with you're passport in hand and get a new book made up. The PI Bank will charge you or someone a fee for the transfer.