If You Could Remove 3 Things From Thailand...

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. The Mean Greenies in Bangkok. :D

2. Those plastic clippy cloppy shoes that the girls wear that they can't seem to walk in...clip clop clip clop... :D

3. The tuk-tuk scam man in Banglampoo with the shoulder length greasy hair and pants pulled up to his chest who hangs around the 7-11 on the corner of Soi Rambutree and Thanon Tanee. :o

Diesel buses and trucks that need a tune-up for the black stinky smoke

2 stroke motocycles with loud exhausts

streets and sidewalks with big holes and motorcycles driving the wrong direction on them

Overall for a 3rd world country it works pretty good !

Edited by BKKdreaming

I prefer to dwell on petty annoyances:

1. Toilet paper dispensers on dining tables

2. Assigned seating in near empty movie theaters

3. Waiters that without fail ask ONE??? when ordering a dish of food and it already obvious you only want one; no Khun Smartee, that will be FIVE plates of khao mun gai, got it???

replace poor laws by well enforced regulations benefitting everyone.

Unfortunatley this would make thailand :

EUROPE

HuH :D

Or the US boon but europe is worse in million litlle laws governing alsmost everything. I only can go to the toilet these days without a permit :o

Wasn't sure which direction you were coming from, Dark. With you now and would include too those steep taxes y'all pay there in Europe.

Whew! :D

:D i never forget the look on my wife's face when i said she needed two permits, a local and a national one, to go fishing in the river at a cost of about 50 euro :D:D

Scamp, the last avatar weren't too pretty but you gotta remove this one, I'm in danger of flashbacking back to the time I thought me bedroom had turned into a Pie and Mash shop. :o  :D  :D

Agreed... it's a shocker! :D

It's worse than George's old blinking eye... :D

I still get hate emails for that ######ing eye.

MMM i don't get hate mails for my staring one , george :D

maybe it was just personal :D:D

1. Pattaya

2. Fat Bastards in speedo's on Pattaya Beaches

3. And a bit more seriously, HM the King's persistant ill health. Thailand needs his moral guidance for many more years than he perhaps has left.

1. Disease like Bird Fever, Dengue Fever, SARS, Malaria, and FOUO.

2. Hotels that do NOT offer NON SMOKING Rooms and all hotels that do not change the air conditioner filters and keep the equipment clean (in order to eliminate or at least minimize all the respitory problems that visitors/residents contract).

3. Bangkok

IF you eliminated the Baht Buses in Pattaya, 90% of the lazy farangs/expats would never be able to get from their hotels to ANY location more than 2 blocks from that location.
1. Baht Taxis in Pattaya.

2. The bloody Baht Taxis in Pattaya.

3. The <deleted>*** Baht Taxis in Pattaya.

90% of the passengers on baht busses are Thai - it is a cheap form of transport for the low-wage-earning local population. That they allow better-off farangs on them (at a premium) is surely a concession to the fact that - in Pattaya - many depend on farangs for their meagre livlihood.

Oh, and my three suggestions :

Fat German tourists

Fat German residents

All Arab and Russian (including Ukrainian / whatever) males

Edited by Humphrey Bear

Scamp, the last avatar weren't too pretty but you gotta remove this one, I'm in danger of flashbacking back to the time I thought me bedroom had turned into a Pie and Mash shop. :o  :D  :D

Agreed... it's a shocker! :D

It's worse than George's old blinking eye... :D

I still get hate emails for that ######ing eye.

Then Scampy should also be expecting a few too hey? :D

I get enough hate mails anyway. :D

1.Fat white plonkers

2.Visa runners with unpleasant English regional accents

3.Pattaya

OMG :o

1, Boris

2, err Boris

3, people like Boris :D:D

1.Boris

2.Boris

3. That big Boris i just stood in ,the one that stinks' like "SHerrrrrrrrrrr*IT" :D:D

Does it occur to you and people like you that this extreme reaction is very revealing.Which of my categories upsets you so much I wonder and why? I suppose it would be expecting too much to get a genuinely witty or amusing response to what was obviously a facetious post.

1.Fat white plonkers

3.Pattaya

I thought you had working class roots Boris.Have you changed you accent?

It's amazing on how many expats that used to love Pattaya now hate it..wonder why? :o

Fair point on accents and sorry for not making point clear in original post.It's not all accent regional accents that are the problem.Sarf London, Irish-not Ulster,West Country,most Scottish accents (with one obvious exception-Glasgow),even Manchester are all fine even attractive.Brummie and Scouse are of course the pits.Actually if truth be told its not really the accents I object to but brutal and aggressive proles (which is why I avoid Pattaya) whayever accent they have.

1.Fat white plonkers

3.Pattaya

I thought you had working class roots Boris.Have you changed you accent?

It's amazing on how many expats that used to love Pattaya now hate it..wonder why? :o

most Scottish accents (with one obvious exception-Glasgow),even Manchester are all fine even attractive.

Especially if the accent is "Public School"...