Iphone

HDRIDER

Worst phone in the world, surely not...

But as a phone-phone it's definitely worse than any cheapo Nokia. The 1G iPhone was so quiet it was impossible to hear, and the new one, while much louder, is still too quiet for a Thai mall. True also about the speaker volume - its too quiet as well. The other stuff is BS, never had a dropped call in over 2 years of use.

Battery life is crap only if you turn on 3G and notifications. Without that, it's great.

Had the O2 atom / Dopod for years , in theory you could listen to radio, Music and surf the web. In practice it sucked..........

Have 3GS and 60 podcasts /video casts ( never have time for the car radio these days ), its super with web surfing - so fast to move around / zoom - real practical. I am a critical user, used to think Iphones were for A-techies who could barely use SMS and just wanted a cool thing, but must admit its the best i ever had.

Gripes

1. Battery cannot support the large screen for as long as needed

2. access to turning things on/off ( wifi / bluetooth / 3G etc ) requires too many clicks.

3. Soft keyboard took time (an frustration ) to get used to - but now can work ut just as good as my dopod keyboard model.

Love it.

... about the speaker volume - its too quiet as well.
This still is a common complaint and has more to do with the ergonomics of the phone,

Just as you would not try to listen to music on a iPod via the ext speaker, most use ear buds or phones, Using the ear buds the iPhone is a delight in even the most noisy environments, never had a problem hearing or being heard. Though this may add some minor inconvenience, it's worth it considering all the other capabilities and functionality of the phone.

Hi

Come on guys the iphone is not that good, most they say about it is true, i have a few phones and the sound is better in all of them, also the reception is bad, when i turn all my phones on where i live iphone has 3 blocks all other has full blocks, and the battery life just a disaster, why turn everything of when you bought a phone there have everything, i still like it, but it’s not that good, try the new Samsung or HTC.

I really hated the first gen iphone the 3g i have now is much better, maybe the 3gs is even better, but i will wait for other phones so i can compare and i like mobile phones..

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

Come on guys the iphone is not that good, most they say about it is true, i have a few phones and the sound is better in all of them, also the reception is bad, when i turn all my phones on where i live iphone has 3 blocks all other has full blocks, and the battery life just a disaster, why turn everything of when you bought a phone there have everything, i still like it, but it’s not that good, try the new Samsung or HTC.

I really hated the first gen iphone the 3g i have now is much better, maybe the 3gs is even better, but i will wait for other phones so i can compare and i like mobile phones..

My eperience has been quite different. I've had a iPhone 3G for about 1.5 years. Outside of the US the phone works much better. I think that dropped calles are carrier and location specific. NYC has particularly bad service. India has tethering and SMS and connection available in the most unlikely places.

I also enjoy the many and varied applications and the iPod functionality of the device. Email is a huge plus as is the GPS. In New Delhi I used the GPS to show my cab driver that I knew he was going the wrong direction and "helped" him get back on course.

I like the earbuds but have not had a problem with the volume of my phone.

Yeah, but can it record in full HD video like this humble competitor:

http://www.live-pr.com/en/samsung-i8910-wo...r1048354250.htm

http://i8910hd.samsungmobile.com/home

I had a chance to demo one recently and was quite impressed.

Apple's engineering (and marketing hype!) is good but they have a lot of catching up to do in certain areas...

Edited by ballzafire

Apple's engineering (and marketing hype!) is good but they have a lot of catching up to do in certain areas...

BS about marketing hype - good marketing, yes. Hype happens because people end up loving the products so much that others start to think they're crazy.

Apple's focus is just different from other manufacturers, and the video camera is a great example. If it was Samsung, or Nokia, or anybody else, they would have put a video camera in the 1G iPhone. But not Apple. Apple would much rather leave something out if it's not perfect. Others will say, well a crap video camera is better than nothing - Apple's philosophy is the opposite.

The video cam on the 3GS is actually perfect. I think it's VGA rather than full HD, but it's pretty great quality for a camera as small as this one. And you can edit movies on the phone, in fact it's so easy my mom could do it. You can also re-encode and upload to YouTube with a single click.

Apple is most proud of the things they didn't do, of the products they cancelled, and of the features they didn't add. Is a 10MP camera using the same teeny-tiny optics going to be better than a 3MP one? Most likely not.

The loudness I think was an honest to goodness bug. The 3GS is much better in that regard, but still not ear-splittingly loud like some nokias.

• 2 weeks later...
Had 1st Gen, 3G and now 3GS all in LOS with AIS sim card never had a problem with bad signal or dropped calls.

Awesome! Btw, are the ones available at MBK or at the official True Move shops 'factory unlocked' or just 'software unlocked'? Factory unlock would give the freedom to update every new firmware without problems to use any SIM cards. Software unlock on the other hand are better off not to be updated or restored or else you'll lose the ability to use AIS or DTAC SIM cards. Can't wait to buy one if it's Factory Unlocked.

MBK has officially unlocked or software locked (Cheaper). Factory unlock models are usually Hong Kong or Italy sourced.

The ones at True shops are factory unlocked and i can confirm that using AIS i never had a problem with bad signal or dropped calls

• 2 weeks later...