Dine For 99, Soi Diana

barnaby666

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Langsuan Man, the reason for change is it was sold, the new owners tried to keep the concept working but soon discovered Bobby had cooked the books well and truly and that the concept was loosing money hand over fist.

My guess is that every person who did not stick with one meal was pretty much getting something for nothing. In other words, if Dine for 99 could attract enough customers without the "all you can eat" thing, it would make a decent profit, but "all you can eat" ruined it.

I felt that it was a slightly good deal (for the price) to eat just one meal and it tasted OK, but not tasty enough to make me want any more than that.

been in twice both times early so food was fresh, i thought the pasta was good and enjoyed it, the Thai food meal was probably the worst Thai food i have ever eaten, me and Thai wife could not eat it. so on balance i will go early nights for pasta and miss Thai nights. would not go late for pasta night as Pasta really does not bode well for a buffet style meal, as in pasta will proably go dry and tough. dont really mind buying drink even though i feel 30 baht is a bit steep. but the guy has to make some margin some where.

best deal for me are the places on Darkside doing peppered steak and chips plus salad 39 baht, pepper sauce is spot on. . beef a bit tough but pork melts in the mouth, not biggest portions but if you hungry order 2. coke 14 baht

Don't really mind buying drink even though i feel 30 baht is a bit steep. but the guy has to make some margin some where.

I agree the 30 Baht for a soft drink is a rip-off. Should be 10 Baht and they should provide free iced water like other eateries in this area. :)

it has all changed now---------------99 baht is thai food only and everything else is at different prices---------------robins such as curry night eat as much as you want on weds for 119 is very good-------------different days different deals

the food is downright tastless :) guy owns it called bobby from new york , he owned eat alls on 3rd rd 4 yrs ago tried to sell me it but i tried it out and watched it for a few weeks , the food was awfull and it wasnt making so i abandoned the idea, he then opened slices then this place dine for 99, basically cheap tastless food but most cant complain like what do you want for 99 baht ?

i heard was sold and slightly different now and very quiet.......anyone know more?

I was told that the old Owner sold the place (I mean the right to rent the place with all) for 4 milllion. The new owner found soon out that the "all you can eat" would include all his money, so he had to change the offer a little.

Went looking for the place 4 night ago and if it's not been sold then it has certainly changed tactics.

No more fixed price all you can eat, the mainly Italian menu is still cheap and the quality good but the service is terrible, there were only 2 other tables filled when we walked in but it took at least 45 minutes for the food to come. Hate to think how long on a busy night.

i heard was sold and slightly different now and very quiet.......anyone know more?

I was told that the old Owner sold the place (I mean the right to rent the place with all) for 4 milllion. The new owner found soon out that the "all you can eat" would include all his money, so he had to change the offer a little.

Losing money and sold for 4 million. Something is wrong?????

• 4 months later...

Hey Mule, you can keep Bangkok - far too congested and polluted for me except for short visits. There is a reason all the Thais and Farang in BKK come down to Patts - Jomtien for weekends and vacations. If you look around, this area has tons inexpensive Thai and Farang food restaurants as well as mid and upper priced ones.

Edited by Rimmer
flame reply to deleted post

Went there only one time...nothing special, just fill up the stomach, but even Mc Do seems to be a better value. I think you can't survive with offering 99 Baht quality food at Pattaya rental fees. Easy calculation.

The owner of Dine for 99 will eventually be back but is now in Florida opening a topless pizzeria (seriously). Knowing him, he probably sold it even before opening it!

Is that like a pizza dough base with no topping at all? You said topless.