Rent Issue, Anyone Got Any Idea?

kuochihfu

I have been to Thailand for a while and recently preferred to move out from company dorm.

This Monday (11/2) I visited an apartment (P. Place) in Rayong.

Before I left, the woman whom showed me the room, told me if I paid 2000 bahts now, I can reserve the room.

And if I change my mind in two days, I can have 2000 bahts back.

Wednesday (11/4), I went back to the same place and tried to ask for money back.

The same woman told me I couldn't, 'cause it is TOO LATE.

She said I should call at noon.

I then asked for manager of the property, she just ignored me and told me manager is not here.

I then asked for manager's phone number, she still didn't want to give it to me.

Not sure what to do now???

This is total fraud, how can I do in this case?

I did bring my Thai gf with me, and she was angry to the woman, but still can't do nothing....

First: No need to give a deposit. Second: But if you do, ask for best possible invoice in details incl the exact time of the deadline with signatures, stamp, telephone numbers etc. Third: Even with that receive, don't expect to get back the deposit.

Now you can do nothing.

If they say this is the last apartment in the building, they are almost certainly lying. You don't need to reserve while looking at other places. You pay a deposit when you actually sign the rental contract to actually move in.

I believe you have been told quite emphaticaly you have no recourse , take the hint and be gratefull it was only B2,000 , now go back over all the other things 'Unaware' people have been caught out on (defrauded/robbed/scammed/cheated/lost everything including their life) and TRY to be one of the sensible ones . The first priority would be threads on Thai ladies , that should keep you busy for at least a week , read , digest and take them as seriouse warnings on what CAN lay ahead for you in the Local Omnipresent Scamhood wherever that may be for you .