Xtreamer And Etrayz Import Duty

damole

hi

I'm about to order an Xtreamer and eTRAYz, anybody have any idea of how much I might get charged duty at the post office, I live in Chiang Mai. I bought a Wharfdale damond 9.0 centre speaker recently from Neo Entertainment in Chiang Mai and the owner told me there is a 25% import duty on foreign HiFi.

I already have a WDTV so I'm not desperate for it and therefore I could have it shipped to someone at home (UK) and have them bring it but I might have to wait until Christmas or New Year.

I have a Logitech Squeezebox Duet and after seeing they are working on getting Squeezebox Server to run on the eTRAYz, it already supports bittorrent that was the clincher as I've been looking at NAS and had been considering turning my netbook an NAS/torrent/music server etc.

--damole

could get expensive as you pay (cost of goods + shipping) * duty rate * 1.07 (VAT). you pay the duty on top of goods + shipping, then VAT on top of everything.

of course you could send it postal service ground shipping and hope it slips through. courier services are always checked.