Heard Foreigners + 1 Thai Died On Kp This Week

1. Male foreigner got knifed by a Thai in Had Rin before fullmoon party?! - apart from this I have no further info!

2. Female foreigner got washed up the beach at Thong Sala after FM party?! - apart from this I have no further info!

3. Today a foreign male resident of Thong Nai Pan Noi has been missed after swimming. He was last seen jumping from rocks near

to Panviman today in the morning.

4. A male Thai dead body has been washed up the beach today in the morning in Thong Nai Pan Noi. According to eye witnesses

he had no eyes anymore when they turned him around. Presumably eaten by fishes as they assume he was already several days

in the water. Could be another FM party victim or someone who went over board on rough sea.

I just post this here as I am missing any info on those tragedies.

My honest condolences to their friends and families.

1 and 2. No info. One of the many rumors (seldom true) I listen around FMP. I don't think real.

3 Yes. But somebody said me yesterday. So probably 3 and 4 same guy.

1. + 2. agreed, I have also no further info

3. falang resident TNP Noi

4. Thai, laying some days in the water already

obviously two victims as far as no further confirmation on the two FM cases.

already sad enough!

3. People say is a young german guy with wife and a baby. I don't have more details.

RIP. Condolence to the wife.

4. If Thai is definitely one more victim, maybe for the very big sea?

FMP. I heard a rumor about the last (october) party about a farang stabbed to death, but without any more news.

I was having a beer with a songthauw driver last night who said that a speedboat had overturned on Tuesday night on the way back from the fullmoon party. he said the passengers were all OK but one of the Thai crew was missing ? Heard nothing from farang rumour control though ? A friend did say they were scared silly on their trip back in a speedboat. Their boat crew did though insist they all wore life jackets for the journey. Full marks to them for that.

1. Male foreigner got knifed by a Thai in Had Rin before fullmoon party?! - apart from this I have no further info!

2. Female foreigner got washed up the beach at Thong Sala after FM party?! - apart from this I have no further info!

3. Today a foreign male resident of Thong Nai Pan Noi has been missed after swimming. He was last seen jumping from rocks near

to Panviman today in the morning.

4. A male Thai dead body has been washed up the beach today in the morning in Thong Nai Pan Noi. According to eye witnesses

he had no eyes anymore when they turned him around. Presumably eaten by fishes as they assume he was already several days

in the water. Could be another FM party victim or someone who went over board on rough sea.

I just post this here as I am missing any info on those tragedies.

My honest condolences to their friends and families.

3. Is correcct. 22 year old Irish guy, happened early afternoon. Body not found yet.

4. Is correct. Thai body was washed ashore approx. 11.00pm, police arrived 01.00am. stabbed and a rope around his neck.

1 + 2 no info

TNP lad is Irish, been living on the beach for a couple of years, is married to a local girl and they have a one year old baby. His body was washed up yesterday morning on TNP Yai, unfortunately not in one piece. This is the body being referred to. Funeral will be held on wednesday, on the island. Very very sad. my heart goes out to his family.

He was caught in an undercurrent and unable to get back to shore. Despite being a bit, fit lad, he didn't have the strength to swim in. No boats were available to help from Phangan or Samui. It was too dangerous to go in to save him. Two boys risked their lives to save him (both were in hospital after). His whole family was on the beach willing him to make it, but after being exhausted from the struggle, he finally went under for the last time. Hopefully this will make people realise that the sea during monsoon is very different to the rest of the year, and should be avoided. So so sad.

rip M.

I recall someone died in similar circumstances a few years ago, a small longtailboat was available and they risked their boat to go rescue the guy but couldn't reach him as the waves were too big. Think that one happened at Than Sadet tho.

Condolences to his family, what a sad day for them.

You say he was a resident, had been there a few years and wass married to a local girl. I am sorry for his family on their loss, but you would think, that after a few years he would have learned that the seas can be dangerous when rough.

Yes, the resorts on that beach should take care of their guests but this is Thailand mssabai, a resident should be aware of the shortcomings here.

As an added point, Phuket has deaths every year and their warning flags don't even manage to stop it, why do you think flags would even make a difference?

What does make me quite angry is that there are now 3 5 star resorts on that beach and not one of the them has taken the initiative to sponsor any kind of beach information or safety precautions (flags, notices etc).

All resorts have red flags on the beach, notice boards near the beach and some also information in guest rooms. On Chaweng Beach every year people drown despite hundreds of red flags along the shore.

Common sense is also required.....

RIP

You say he was a resident, had been there a few years and wass married to a local girl. I am sorry for his family on their loss, but you would think, that after a few years he would have learned that the seas can be dangerous when rough.

Yes, the resorts on that beach should take care of their guests but this is Thailand mssabai, a resident should be aware of the shortcomings here.

As an added point, Phuket has deaths every year and their warning flags don't even manage to stop it, why do you think flags would even make a difference?

Yes of course he took a risk, and knowing Michael, if signs were up, he still would have ignored them. He took a big risk and he paid for it with his life. However foreigners who have no previous knowledge at all of the island or the beach are still swimming in the sea every day. They are the people notices would target.

Flags wouls make a difference, because then at least people have been warned, they have taken the choice to swim at their own risk. Some people would say sod it and still swim and still drown...but others will think twice about it. There are no records to show the people who were saved by the flags are there? Only those who decided to ignore them. For the cost of a few notices and flags, it would be worth potentially saving someone's life. Don't you?

Most of the resorts have flags next to the beach or on the beach. Some have warning boards in English and German. There are ropes, lifebelts and the hotel staff is warning their guests as well. But sadly some people ignore it all...

Edited by Birdman